• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

But as I've said (now up to three times in this thread and nobody has countered with any factual evidence), it's not grooming if the person is of age. Legally speaking it's sound but no doubt seems iffy morally, we'll just keep on going round in circles.

Appreciate my examples are a leap but I hope you appreciate my point, no disrespect and I am making an assumption but I doubt you are an authority of what constitutes as homophobia, you can deny what I've seen on comments if you like but it doesn't change the fact that people are jumping on it as an excuse to display their prejudice.

When Saville was caught out actually committing crimes, I doubt anyone was saying "ah typical heterosexuals, noncing it up as always" and that's being said of Schofield and the gays despite what he did being not illegal but unwise.

You don't seem to understand what grooming is and are confusing it with the act of sex/rape/statutory rape as you keep refering to the age of consent and the fact he reportedly claims they only had sex when the lad was 18 - grooming is manipulating a child/young person that you have power over in order exploit or abuse them - that can very much include building a relationship with a minor over a number of years which ultimately leads to a sexual relationship when the person is of age.

You don't seem to understand what grooming is and are confusing it with the act of sex/rape/statutory rape as you keep refering to the age of consent and the fact he reportedly claims they only had sex when the lad was 18 - grooming is manipulating a child/young person that you have power over in order exploit or abuse them - that can very much include building a relationship with a minor over a number of years which ultimately leads to a sexual relationship when the person is of age.

I appreciate the explanation, I have
stated numerous times I'm not an expert at defining it but don't understand where the line is, Cheryl Cole met that Liam Payne fella from whichever boy band it was when he was 14 and ended up in a romantic relationship and she was in a position of power in the music industry helping the kid through the X factor, did she groom him? I guess the point is an unfair power balance.

It feels like given what Schofield has now admitted he'd already have been arrested / charged if it was clear cut but I don't know, has he exploited or abused someone by being in a consenting relationship after helping them? I'm not attempting to make any defense as evidently I just don't know enough about it, that's why I'm posing questions, only reason I commented was the expected homophobic response to the story (not on here but on other sites to be clear).

I usually take zero interest in these stories, but the relentless nature of hearing about it in the background or on the news breaks on the radio for day after day peaked my interest.

From a tabloid angle it's a dream story, and I guess if you were to look at their clicks, views and engagements you're are going to look for every pocket of oxygen to feed the story.

There does appear to be a bit of a pile on regarding others in the media/tv world looking to disown/delete him in a way that suggests there maybe more to come out with this story.

Although it's not good to lie, the first lie is his biggest ie living the life of a heterosexual man when internally he knows he is gay. Many men live with this torment and it is society that has created this 'coming out' anxiety. (footballers being a prime example).
I say this as all of (or most of) his other lies come from this 'mothership' lie.

Needless to say it been a bad week for the Schofield's (jeez, I don't know if their parents are still alive), and Philip has well and truly been sent back to the broom cupboard (or is that groom cupboard :D)

Totally uninterested in schofield so not been following and tbh don't really care.
I don't put much store in others running the opposite way, they are all so scared of doing the wrong thing they take the easy way out and run for the hills.

Interesting that the brand protection lot are now being found out. This is the resident Dr who came out shaming ITV and PS and has a photo with the kid ref him to "resident stud" which suggests he either knew or he was fair game.
1749d3fcd51f4d5ce9d6da405d9a6c80.jpg

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Have you seen the brick that has come out of his mouth today
His BBC interview is a joke, his first line was now I know how Caroline Flack felt
She was hounded by the press into killing herself, she didn't have a relationship with a boy whe she had groomed from the age of 12
The bloke is a fudgewit

Have you seen the brick that has come out of his mouth today
His BBC interview is a joke, his first line was now I know how Caroline Flack felt
She was hounded by the press into killing herself, she didn't have a relationship with a boy whe she had groomed from the age of 12
The bloke is a fudgewit

According to the article Schofield first met the kid when he was 15 and there was no sexual contact until he was 20. Not sure where you've got the idea of him being twelve from.

As for the second post about playing the gay card rather than the race one, Cheryl Cole met her partner in a professional capacity when he was 14 and now has a kid with him, does that cause you the level of outrage?

According to the article Schofield first met the kid when he was 15 and there was no sexual contact until he was 20. Not sure where you've got the idea of him being twelve from.

As for the second post about playing the gay card rather than the race one, Cheryl Cole met her partner in a professional capacity when he was 14 and now has a kid with him, does that cause you the level of outrage?
Male, Female, Black, White, Yellow or Brown a nonce is a nonce

Male, Female, Black, White, Yellow or Brown a nonce is a nonce

A reassuringly progressive view but also unrelated to any point I was making or even this subject.

Apologies for interrupting the pile on against any kind of minority with information rather then adding more fuel to the vitriol, how inconvenient.

A reassuringly progressive view but also unrelated to any point I was making or even this subject.

Apologies for interrupting the pile on against any kind of minority with information rather then adding more fuel to the vitriol, how inconvenient.
Do you think it's ok what he has done then ??
Using his fame and power to get what he wants

Do you think it's ok what he has done then ??
Using his fame and power to get what he wants

I don't encourage having an affair if you're in a monogamous relationship nor the general secrecy that surrounds it in general or in this specific case, it's unhealthy and people get hurt (emotionally). There are question marks about the age difference and potential of grooming (but given that there wasn't sexual contact until 20 it seems unlikely or at least would be hard to prove).

I'm guessing you assume a devious plot but it is plausible he just wanted to help the kid in the business and developed feelings for him later.

As for use of power and fame to get what he wants, that's tricky. Leonardo DiCaprio uses those things to get with barely legal models, is that wrong? The way Leo does it is legal but Harvey Weinstein obviously was abhorrent and the fact it happened the way it did is horrendous but sadly believable.

The Cheryl Cole comparison is an interesting one, she comes off worse looking at the ages involved but there is no public outcry whatsoever, yet Schofield is being called a nonce and his name is being used in the same sentence as Jimmy Saville.

What you and kdddsoc might not ever understand being in the presumably privileged positions that you inhabit, is that people are persecuted in this country and others for being different and people want to belittle any suggestion of prejudice rather than actively consider it. Hope the word privilege doesn't get you too triggered, I remember when it was just the "snowflakes" who got worked up about stuff.

I don't encourage having an affair if you're in a monogamous relationship nor the general secrecy that surrounds it in general or in this specific case, it's unhealthy and people get hurt (emotionally). There are question marks about the age difference and potential of grooming (but given that there wasn't sexual contact until 20 it seems unlikely or at least would be hard to prove).

I'm guessing you assume a devious plot but it is plausible he just wanted to help the kid in the business and developed feelings for him later.

As for use of power and fame to get what he wants, that's tricky. Leonardo DiCaprio uses those things to get with barely legal models, is that wrong? The way Leo does it is legal but Harvey Weinstein obviously was abhorrent and the fact it happened the way it did is horrendous but sadly believable.

The Cheryl Cole comparison is an interesting one, she comes off worse looking at the ages involved but there is no public outcry whatsoever, yet Schofield is being called a nonce and his name is being used in the same sentence as Jimmy Saville.

What you and kdddsoc might not ever understand being in the presumably privileged positions that you inhabit, is that people are persecuted in this country and others for being different and people want to belittle any suggestion of prejudice rather than actively consider it. Hope the word privilege doesn't get you too triggered, I remember when it was just the "snowflakes" who got worked up about stuff.

Thanks for assuming I know nothing about people being persecuted in this country, as usual you spend your time trying to wind people up, it's a shame you're so patronising in your post as sometimes you get it right but your more concerned with having a row.

Thanks for assuming I know nothing about people being persecuted in this country, as usual you spend your time trying to wind people up, it's a shame you're so patronising in your post as sometimes you get it right but your more concerned with having a row.

Winding people up is something I seem to do naturally, there is no "trying" involved! ;)

My assumption was going by the post that you were both white and straight but I'm always happy to admit it I was incorrect if that isn't the case. I'm not suggesting that you have never been persecuted or had knowledge of others going through it but simply as the chat referred to homosexuality and race being used as a ploy / card - In my opinion it's a stance that is often demeaning of people who face real life prejudice.

No disrespect meant on anything you've gone through or your knowledge / experience of persecution other than what your initial post suggested. Perhaps the last paragraph was a generalization too far as it could suggest a complete lack of empathy so I'll happily retract it, not looking for a row. I do still find it interesting that you were seemingly irritated by the suggestion from Schofield that homophobia has fueled the outrage, if you wanted to expand on that it'd be interesting to hear.

Last edited:
Back