• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

It's an easy narrative to suggest that the last two seasons have been under par since Netflix / the yanks got involved but perhaps it's true.

Joan is awful was an eye opener and funny as well, beyond the sea I described above and as stated I liked it a lot, playing with the idea of the medium within the medium. Loch Henry was a good level of humourous and grim.

But there's no real subversion / ripping the carpet from underneath you leaving to feel hollow which the show used to do so well.

Granted there'll always be off episodes in an anthology type series but what was the actual message of Mazey day? There's a universe where paparazzi are scumbags and apparently werewolves are real. That's the main one that I was at a loss with, as far as I can see there was no subtext, just some B movie horror crowbarred in to an interesting subject but no pay off or realization that made you feel you had to take a shower after viewing it.

Demon 79 was enjoyable if not in a bit of a Good Omens kind of "Demons can be a bit charming" kind of way but again, I didn't see the point other than saying racism / tories are bad, seems a bit like low hanging fruit.

Yeah there's a definite drop off / shift in tone since Netflix but i think it had a limited shelf life in it's original guise anyway so i don't get too hung up on that.

I enjoyed all 5 episodes, maybe I've shifted my expectations of the show after the last series?

Mazey Day seems to come in for a lot of stick but taken on it's own i thought it was an enjoyable tale - guess they are moving away from being purely a future tech gone wrong premise.

So finished Dark season 3. Good ending tied the story up nicely. Hope they stick to it just being 3 seasons and don't give into temptation and big money to do a 4th.
Will definitely keep an eye out for baran bo odar who created it. For anything he does in the future.

Edit - Jantje Friese co created it. Will keep an eye out for both. Hopefully they stick as a team.

Double edit - see they are married.

Last edited:
So finished Dark season 3. Good ending tied the story up nicely. Hope they stick to it just being 3 seasons and don't give into temptation and big money to do a 4th.
Will definitely keep an eye out for brian bo odar who created it. For anything he does in the future.

Dark is brilliant. Only 3 seasons. They did another series called 1899 recently but Netflix cancelled it after the first season (Even though they wanted to do 3 seasons).

Seen two episodes of the new Black Mirror. The Streamberry one and the paparazzi one episode. Looking forward to watching the Aaron Paul episode.

Watched the Stan Lee documentary on Disney + was a bit of a knob to Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko but also deserves credit for some of the storylines he pushed through that the bosses at Marvel and the comic association weren’t thrilled about.

Late as ever with watching things but I finished the Fauda series on Netflix last night.
Very good indeed. I did think at the start of S4 that they should have called it a day after season 3, but it picked itself up.
Appreciate it’s going to be a one-sided viewpoint of things but a good bit of insight nonetheless to the Israel/Palestine situation.

Back