• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

I am guessing most of you have watched Deadwood? Possibly my favourite ever TV series (I am biased towards The Sopranos though, because it was the first TV show I ever really got into).
The Sopranos completely changed the expected quality of TV - it contributed more to the modern drama series than just about anything.

Watching it back now though, it does seem a little clunky.

I am guessing most of you have watched Deadwood? Possibly my favourite ever TV series (I am biased towards The Sopranos though, because it was the first TV show I ever really got into).

First season of deadwood was excellent. Season two as well. Goes a bit weak after Swedgin's tinkle affair, imo. Great show though.

Gonna try out Stranger Things tonight.

Sopranos clunky? I saw it just a few years back and thought it was excellent still.

Started watching Stranger Things earlier..now watching episode 5. Really enjoying the show, a good mix of the classic 80s Goonies style movies, mixed in with a bit of Spielberg, Steven King themes & Super 8. Shame that there are only 8 episodes.

What is everybody's all time favourite US comedy series?

I've got a few to get everyone started:

Seinfeld
Curb
The Office (US version)
Louie
Modern Family
Cheers
Himym
Cosby show
Scrubs
Family Guy

Seinfeld
Curb
The Office (US version)
Louie
Modern Family
Cheers
Himym
Cosby show
Scrubs
Family Guy

Add in Whose Line Is It Anyway? If it's non-sitcom. Could add in Simpsons. Maybe Big Bang Theory & Friends, I mean if Himym makes the cut.

I think Curb is excellent, possibly my favourite from your list.

Seinfeld
Curb
The Office (US version)
Louie
Modern Family
Cheers
Himym
Cosby show
Scrubs
Family Guy

The Simpsons or South Park

I really liked Futurama, 30 Rock and Frasier too

The Sopranos completely changed the expected quality of TV - it contributed more to the modern drama series than just about anything.

Watching it back now though, it does seem a little clunky.

I love the sopranos but I know what you mean. Ground breaking at the time but everything has caught up.

I always found frasier a bit clamy and south park a bit puerile...

Simpsons was excellent, but then carried on for too long. A mistake that family guy might be making

No more obscure shows?

Guilty pleasures:

Blacklist
Modern Family
Endeavour (last series not so much)

All time favourites: (2000 onwards )

Band of Brothers
Game of thrones
Boardwalk Empires
Homeland

Curb your enthusiasm (US Comedy)
Green Wing (UK)

Last edited:
my wife's not seen it so it's on the watch list, I loved it first time around

You mean that you get to choose what you both watch? My ex made me sit through Eastenders...that was a horrible existence! Worst part was that she would then stop watching and tinkle about on her phone, leaving me to be the only one watching. I wanted to shove safety pins in my eyes.

You mean that you get to choose what you both watch? My ex made me sit through Eastenders...that was a horrible existence! Worst part was that she would then stop watching and tinkle about on her phone, leaving me to be the only one watching. I wanted to shove safety pins in my eyes.

she watches all that crap as well, before I get home from work thankfully

Back