• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

I read somewhere that the ending for How I Met Your Mother was written, and filmed (the kids part) years ago as the writers were worried that they would age too much if the show went on this long and that's why it seemed to undo the last few series worth or character development.

That's not what annoyed me about it the most though, there was 2 things worse than that...

1) They spent 23 episodes showing the weekend of Barney and Robins wedding and then spent the last 2 episodes showing the next 20 years. The whole series was slow and then the last 2 episodes were rushed. Why not have him meet the mother half way through the series and then show what happened after that over the course of a few episodes.

2) And this is the killer for a sitcom. It wasn't funny.

this thing stopped being funny many, many years ago..

I read somewhere that the ending for How I Met Your Mother was written, and filmed (the kids part) years ago as the writers were worried that they would age too much if the show went on this long and that's why it seemed to undo the last few series worth or character development.

That's not what annoyed me about it the most though, there was 2 things worse than that...

1) They spent 23 episodes showing the weekend of Barney and Robins wedding and then spent the last 2 episodes showing the next 20 years. The whole series was slow and then the last 2 episodes were rushed. Why not have him meet the mother half way through the series and then show what happened after that over the course of a few episodes.

2) And this is the killer for a sitcom. It wasn't funny.

I enjoyed the last episode. I didnt enjoy the season so much and agree it was a tad boring. What I would say is the twist was brilliant and original as the title of the show itself was a tad misleading judging by the ending and the twist.

I think the show evolved rather than stopping being funny per se. The all aged, it would have been silly to have them all act as immature or the same as they were 5 years ago in show years (10 years in their lives).

Didnt they say that they will be making a 'How I Met Your Father' series? that would be good, from the perspective of the mother would be good.

ps for anyone who watched Boy Meets World (loved it) there is a spin off of Girl Meets World - Topanga is in it - masssssive tits mmmmmm

I enjoyed the last episode. I didnt enjoy the season so much and agree it was a tad boring. What I would say is the twist was brilliant and original as the title of the show itself was a tad misleading judging by the ending and the twist.

I think the show evolved rather than stopping being funny per se. The all aged, it would have been silly to have them all act as immature or the same as they were 5 years ago in show years (10 years in their lives).

Didnt they say that they will be making a 'How I Met Your Father' series? that would be good, from the perspective of the mother would be good.

ps for anyone who watched Boy Meets World (loved it) there is a spin off of Girl Meets World - Topanga is in it - masssssive tits mmmmmm

How I Met Your Father is in development, but has not been picked up yet.

Greta Gerwig will play the lead character.

GTY_greta_gerwig_jtm_140402_4x3t_384.jpg

Same thing happened with Friends and Big Bang Theory. They became soap operas with slightly less intrigue and the occasional joke.

The early series are about the plot and then as the popularity increases, and with it the demand, it becomes about the characters, and they become farcical parodies of themselves instead. It happens a lot in American TV. Money dictates what happens, and it is governed by the sponsors foremost.

Think how stupid Joey is in the later series of Friends compared to the early ones. It's a completely different character, but the 'how you doin'' and the name are the constants. Same with Sheldon in BBT. From a neurotic, borderline on the spectrum character to whatever it is he is now.

Same thing happened with Friends and Big Bang Theory. They became soap operas with slightly less intrigue and the occasional joke.

tbh, i still enjoy Big Bang. the jokes are mostly recycled but i still find Sheldon very funny. occasionally, there is some hilarious material and both mayim bialik and jim parsons pull off deadpan very well. and let's not forget cuoco's once a season t.i.t show.

tbh, i still enjoy Big Bang. the jokes are mostly recycled but i still find Sheldon very funny. occasionally, there is some hilarious material and both mayim bialik and jim parsons pull off deadpan very well. and let's not forget cuoco's once a season t.i.t show.

I stopped watching Big Bang two or three years ago. I have most of the episodes, but I just never feel like watching them. It was funny because it was different, but they've changed it into just another run of the mill romantic comedy/relationship drama.

It doesn't help that I find some of the characters incredibly annoying. Sheldon - Penny is the only thing left that's worthwhile, but not enough to suffer through the rest.

I was additionally disappointed this week to learn that she's got implants. :(

I stopped watching Big Bang two or three years ago. I have most of the episodes, but I just never feel like watching them. It was funny because it was different, but they've changed it into just another run of the mill romantic comedy/relationship drama.

It doesn't help that I find some of the characters incredibly annoying. Sheldon - Penny is the only thing left that's worthwhile, but not enough to suffer through the rest.

wtf?? #-o are you serious? could have sworn she had real boobies.

i love Justified...

Really looking forward to more of Mary Steenburgen's character next year.
And if they could find a way to keep Alicia Witt on my screen I would be very much obliged.

I've only watched the first 3 seasons of Justified, got s4 stored on the TiVo and hope that this season' baddie is as memorable as Mags Bennett...

A shame that 5USA won't be showing the final 2 seasons of this hugely underrated show.

Agreed. I also stopped watching a couple of seasons ago as the new characters just spoiled the dynamic which made BBT funny in the first place.

Was there any doubt that Penny had implants though? Those boobies never looked or jiggled naturally!

Anyone been watching Hannibal?

Seriously this show is just TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ****in good. Its unreal. Everything about it is awesome.

How I Met Your Mother hasn't been funny for about 4 years. The first 4 or 5 seasons were excellent but the last time I laughed while watching it was when Barney had the dog Brover and dressed him in a suit :lol: The idea that the entire last season is set at a wedding seems silly to me. And I still don't like Barney and Robin as a couple. But it's ending soon so I will watch the final few episodes.

Barney and Robin is such a lazy pairing off of characters. The show would have been better with the two characters left single. The couple seemed almost pushed together so as that everyone ended up paired up with someone else.

First episode of Thrones was an excellent start to the season.
Arya's story this year should be a good watch. And Jaime's.

They've seemingly nailed the casting of Oberyn as well.

Looks like the HIMYM creators have given in to fan pressure and will include an alternate ending on the DVD set.

Back