• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Sponsors and Partners Thread

Sounds a great idea...

The second they ban Saudi and UAE governments from owning clubs on human rights grounds, and then stop betting firm sponsorship, Chinese corporations should absolutely be a potential next target.

Gets my vote, they will not of course.

Sounds a great idea...

The second they ban Saudi and UAE governments from owning clubs on human rights grounds, and then stop betting firm sponsorship, Chinese corporations should absolutely be a potential next target.

I bet someone's advisor will see what a massive can of worms they're about to open with this suggestion, and then the story will fizzle out like it never happened.

I bet someone's advisor will see what a massive can of worms they're about to open with this suggestion, and then the story will fizzle out like it never happened.

Huge difference between being owned by a government that as a shocking human rights record and being unlucky enough to be a company established in such a company.

Not officially announced by the club yet I don't think .
So no more Cinch then?

With this and the potential Qatari ownership I'm just waiting for the KKK or the Nazis to be declared our official water bottle sponsor and be done with it!

Appreciating that it's only an "allegedly" at this point but how can a government of a country be a shirt sleeve sponsor, it's got to be a wind up surely.

This post is made with the best of intentions and wanting to honour the transformative effects that the mighty Bongani Khumalo had on our great football team and mean no general disrespect to the wonderful people of South Africa.

With this and the potential Qatari ownership I'm just waiting for the KKK or the Nazis to be declared our official water bottle sponsor and be done with it!

Appreciating that it's only an "allegedly" at this point but how can a government of a country be a shirt sleeve sponsor, it's got to be a wind up surely.

This post is made with the best of intentions and wanting to honour the transformative effects that the mighty Bongani Khumalo had on our great football team and mean no general disrespect to the wonderful people of South Africa.

Visit Rwanda?

Because the government is in a state of emergency at not being able to supply the country with electricity...it's a brickshow out there.

OK, but I'm not sure that this decision by whoever it is in SA would be made by the same person and out of the same budget as their electricy budgets.

Understand its odd but various other clubs have been sponsored by states. Weren't Barca a few years back too?

OK, but I'm not sure that this decision by whoever it is in SA would be made by the same person and out of the same budget as their electricy budgets.

Understand its odd but various other clubs have been sponsored by states. Weren't Barca a few years back too?
So if this problem was ongoing in the UK and our government spent £42m on sponsoring real Madrid.....the public would let it slide?

£42m on helping improve a basic need for humans to live or £42m sponsoring a PL football team? Simple case of priorities is it not?

It is a government organisation, with its budget coming from the public purse, I believe.

Fair point, likewise to @Raziel with the Rwanda example which thinking about it will have been a similar arrangement no doubt.

It still seems off but I am thinking on a more global level, will it help struggling south Africans by having their countries names on our sleeve? If it truly does, it is a further crushing blow on humanity for letting it get to this stage. GHod forbid I get onto the damage that white folk have done to that specifc part of the world on here because it won't be well received on here, as long as it suits our commercial needs for now that's all that matters right?

So if this problem was ongoing in the UK and our government spent £42m on sponsoring real Madrid.....the public would let it slide?

£42m on helping improve a basic need for humans to live or £42m sponsoring a PL football team? Simple case of priorities is it not?

Depends on whether its from the same pot of cash. I don't know how this sponsorship decision was made, or when, or whether its from the same funding source. I doubt you know that nor others on here nor 99.9% of people

re the UK comparable, in the world we live in no. People like to get angry with everything nowadays...the downside of social media!

I don't think that is going to go down well.

It isn't, there's already protests about it.

It's faintly ludicrous on the face of it, tbh - I'm involved in government-wide planning, and I would be unemployed in a week if I ever let a proposal to fund a Premier League team get to Cabinet.

That the South African government signed off on this while their country is roiled by power cuts, widespread crime and poverty is on the face of it pretty stark, especially given that this money would have done far more good bring invested into the South African game.

It's not even like they're a pseudo-dictatorship like Rwanda - they're a functional democracy, there are supposed to be checks on this sort of thing.

Depends on whether its from the same pot of cash. I don't know how this sponsorship decision was made, or when, or whether its from the same funding source. I doubt you know that nor others on here nor 99.9% of people

re the UK comparable, in the world we live in no. People like to get angry with everything nowadays...the downside of social media!
The SA government is sponsoring us. The electricity supply is state owned.

There probably are pots:rolleyes:. Buts what SA people think of it and how it reflects on us are important. Their lives are bricky everyday because of this.

The UK public? of course you fudging would .. the PM is flying a private jet for 25 minutes while old people freeze to death due to energy costs

UK serfs have been taking it like a beaten fudging dog for centuries, it's why rich people and oligarchs love living in London, people know their place

Back