• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Siggi

It'll be nice on set pieces having him swing em in with his right and Bale sending em in with his left. If you're the keeper, which side would you favor?

Sig also gives us a threat from distance we haven't had since kranjcar was sending in game winners a while back. Will be a huge asset to have when teams park the bus on us (which I presume is going to happen a lot). We already have pace on the wings, so a distance shooter from midfield makes us all the more dangerous. Just need to bring in a clinical finisher up front and we'll be unstoppable.

Was listening to some british talk radio yesterday here in Tennessee and some clown was going off about how we were more likely to finish near the bottom 3 than the top. Anybody else hear this? Dont know how yall put up with stuff like that on a regular basis.. The guys an idiot.

RAWK is so funny, as it turns out they never actually wanted Sig, but they could've had him if they really wanted, only joining us for our famed mega wages :mickey:

Icelandic interview with #2 most popular footie site here in Iceland:

http://www.433.is/frettir/england/gylfi-thor-frabaert-lid-med-heimsklassa-leikmenn-1/

Gylfi Sigurdsson, a player of Tottenham Hotspur, is excited about the future after signing a 5 year contract við the club.

Tottenham purchased Gylfi from Hoffenheim for a reported fee of 8 million pounds.

"It's great, a lot has been written about it. A lot of people have been speculating and now it's finally clear, I'm extremely happy about this club and the fact that they wanted to have me."

The decision about Gylfi's future was taken some time ago.

"It's been a while, I took some time off to think things through and come to the right decision for me. Tottenham is a club with a great history. The last few years have been really good for them and after speaking with the board I can see the club has great ambition. They're opening a new training ground in July and Gareth Bale just extended his contract. The future is bright for them."

Gylfi is excited about the future and says the club is aiming for the Champions League.

"It's a fantastic team with world class players. They have a great stadium and are positioned in London. Everything is going right for the club and they're also in the Europa League which is a big bonus."

"The aim has to be the Champions League, they finished fourth place last season but unbelievably Chelsea won the Champions League. We have to settle for the Europa League instead and do well there, but hopefully we'll then qualify for the Champions League."

Andre Villas-Boas took charge of Tottenham yesterday and Gylfi is excited to work with him.

"I like him a lot, he did fantastic things at Porto at a very young age. He then came to Chelsea who paid a lot of money to get him, but it didn't quite work out. He has to be a good manager since Chelsea came after him."

"I had a quick chat with him. He's from Portugal, everyone plays the same football over there. They like to pass the ball around."

Gylfi doesn't fear the competition at Spurs and thinks he'll improve his game at the club.

"I believe so, I'll be training and playing alongside some very good players. They're a top 4-5 club England. It's an honor to play for the club, I think it's impossible not to improve and become better over there."

"If you're in the Premier League there's always going to be competition, no matter where you are, be it at Tottenham or a club that's bottom of the league. The competition is always a factor."

Shirts no. 9 and 10 are available at Spurs, but Gylfi hasn't really thought about it.

"I haven't gotten to that, there are going to be changes and I'll look into it once I get to London."

Gylfi is excited about living in Lonndon, which according to many is on of the most entertaining cities in the world.

"I know the city very well after living in Reading and it won't take me a long time to get acclimated to things over there."

------------------------

Translated by me. Funny thing though that I also watched the video where the reporter was heard asking the questions, and how easy it really is to twist someone's words and taking answers out of context. This is a decent interview though, nothing fancy but nice to hear him praising the club. 5 year contract is also superb!

any word on what his wages are ?

Icelandic media, according to "very solid sources", had his Hoffenheim/Swansea wages at 10-20.000 pounds. The same that Liverpool was offering apparently. The reports over here(and the likes of Goal.com etc.) are ranging anywhere from 30-60.000 pounds a week. There is supposed to be a bigger/better interview with him in our no. 1 newspaper tomorrow, maybe something will turn up there.

On Victor Chandler he is 5/6 to score 7 or more goals next season in the league. I have just got to decide how much I will bet

After reading that interview posted by Icelander, it is clear that he wanted to live in London and the fact that Bale extended his contract made a huge difference.

He also clearly rates Villas Boas.

The midfielder has already spoken to Andre Villas-Boas, who was named as Harry Redknapp's replacement on Tuesday, and is looking forward to working under the Portuguese.
"I like him and the ideas he has," Sigurdsson added. "He has faith in me and I'm looking forward to working under his leadership."

Arghhhhh - the player revolt has started already!!!!

Rawk decided he was on 70k earlier.

:lol:
Ian-Carmichael-as-_1948186c.jpg

/ \
|
Joe Lewis

Only 70k? Paltry sum, I say, absolutely paltry. How a man can get by on that, I really don't know. Remind me to bump his contract up to 250 next week, there's a good lad. What? Yes, fine, lower Dawson's to 190, he could use a bit of motivation. Cheerio!

Back