• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Official Pre-Season Games Thread *

Would defo be up for that, good spot WhoopWhoop...

Id hoped if Ledley retires the sunday before the season may have been a farewell game / testimonial for him

Dont know if the locals can confirm, but I heard a rumour that we cant play any home games while the Olympics are on, which would rule out the annual home friendly the weekend before the season starts.

Dont know if this is true

Dont know if the locals can confirm, but I heard a rumour that we cant play any home games while the Olympics are on, which would rule out the annual home friendly the weekend before the season starts.

Dont know if this is true

I am very local and also aware to a degree of olympic contingency planning and to the best of my knowledge that isn't the case. I believe the best that ODA/LOCOG/BOA could realistically achieve was the delaying by one week of the start of the Premier League season which was agreed and negotiating with the FA for the Community Shield to be played at an alternative venue to Wembley due to the Olympic Football final being played on what would have been the schelduled date, Sun 12th August, if they delay for the league season was agreed with the Premier League.

So in short, a friendly on Sat Aug 11th isnt out of the question although the club may choose not to clash with any of the olympic events in order to make sure they get as many people into the ground as possible so with the Valencia game being name by the OP for the 9th then maybe a final friendly on maybe Mon 13th/Tues 14th at home might be what the club are looking at.

I am very local and also aware to a degree of olympic contingency planning and to the best of my knowledge that isn't the case. I believe the best that ODA/LOCOG/BOA could realistically achieve was the delaying by one week of the start of the Premier League season which was agreed and negotiating with the FA for the Community Shield to be played at an alternative venue to Wembley due to the Olympic Football final being played on what would have been the schelduled date, Sun 12th August, if they delay for the league season was agreed with the Premier League.

So in short, a friendly on Sat Aug 11th isnt out of the question although the club may choose not to clash with any of the olympic events in order to make sure they get as many people into the ground as possible so with the Valencia game being name by the OP for the 9th then maybe a final friendly on maybe Mon 13th/Tues 14th at home might be what the club are looking at.

Cheers for the info

Just had a quick browse elsewhere: no Emirates cup due to Olympics; West Ham and Orient have all their friendlies away from home.

Just when you need it, a Europa qualifier would have been pretty useful!

sat 11 is to all intents and purposes the last day of the games. last night of athletics etc. precisely no chance we'd play at home that day

i heard London clubs have to wait until after the paralympics are finished before playing home games ??

i heard London clubs have to wait until after the paralympics are finished before playing home games ??

I heard that too. But there is a break between the two which includes the opening two weekends of the League. Dont see why we cant play a home League game on one of those dates, otherwise IIRC we will all have to play our opening 4 games away from home.

Chuffin Olympics

I heard that too. But there is a break between the two which includes the opening two weekends of the League. Dont see why we cant play a home League game on one of those dates, otherwise IIRC we will all have to play our opening 4 games away from home.

Chuffin Olympics

There might be an issue policing a game in the gap between the Olympic and Paralympic Games. All police leave is cancelled during the Games, so I would guess that a lot will want to take time off between the two events.

Need confirmation on this Valenica game. Two of my mates have booked up,think 3 of us will do the same

There might be an issue policing a game in the gap between the Olympic and Paralympic Games. All police leave is cancelled during the Games, so I would guess that a lot will want to take time off between the two events.

I believe from my sisters Husband who is a copper that they are not allowed any leave from Mid - June until Mid - September inclusive so our home games won't be affected. I also think that given the less strain on the Olympic park in terms of spectators that we could have a home game on that final august weekend but that's my own opinion. The next week after is usually an international week anyway so I doubt other than maybe that last weekend us actually having a problem which won't matter if we are at home on the opening day.

Not even trying to be funny here but do they really need to police paralympic games?

O/T NY Red Bulls

Anybody here going? I decided when it was announced to combine it with a 3 day trip to New York. Just bought my tickets, $22 each. So looking forward to it! I remember seeing the stadium being built in January 2009 when I went to New York before and I have to say it looks like a lovely stadium despite its smallish capacity.

Was seriously looking at doing the whole trip, as I get staff tickets on Virgin. But starting a new job monday, training for 2 months, so can not take any time off now. Gutted.

Was seriously looking at doing the whole trip, as I get staff tickets on Virgin. But starting a new job monday, training for 2 months, so can not take any time off now. Gutted.

We have had this discussion before Crawley......you know how I am going over there! The wonders of Virgin and staff concessions!

Good luck with the new job by the way.

I'm going, can't remember which section I'll be in but hopefully I get a good view because it'll probably be a while before I get another one.
Very excited for the game.

Back