• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Official Pre-Season Games Thread *

I think you will find that all leave has been canceled until after the ParaOlympics. I have a friend who has been moved to live in Barracks with a little break in between the two games.

Not all Police. A guy I know is in the Met and he's finished now, all back to normal.
The Police and Security presence for the Paralympics is nothing like the Olympics.

Not all Police. A guy I know is in the Met and he's finished now, all back to normal.
The Police and Security presence for the Paralympics is nothing like the Olympics.

It's likely a much smaller competition in terms of spectators and athletes, thus requiring less police presence.

The Paralympics is smaller than the Olympics but obviously it is still a significant drain on the polices resources.

There were 43 Olympic venues and there will be 23 Paralympic venues. You can see here that there are more Olympic than Paralympic sports too.

Forgetting one huge factor, how condenced the events are

Paraalympics - 9 days
Olympics - 17 days

And 6 of the venues for the Olympic's were Football stadiums, where I raise that 6 to lets say 40 English league games on the 1st Sept... added to 20 Scottish games, and probably another 40 non league games and thats without Welsh games. Therefore your 6 venues I raise to around 130 on Sept 1st, plus 23 paralympic venues

Whereas 6 footie stadiums and 37 Olympic venues and lets not forget, your 36 venues were not being used every day of that 17 day span, like the ones of track cycling, triathlon, marathons etc.

London Olympics - 302 events in 26 sports 10,500 athletes
London Paralympics - 503 events in 21 sports 4,500 athletes

Remember Paralympics is in half the time pretty much, which would equate for half the athletes.

Anyway back to why ..

As shown by the Community Sheild being played at Villa Park.. no other large sporting event was allowed to be played because the IOC wanted a blanket ban on it. Not because of Police issues, pure and simple... Olympics was centre stage.

Today they said the olympics sold 6m tickets over the 17days which are non football.. 8m with football.

They also said that 2.1m had been sold, which they hope to get nearer to 3m for the Paralmpics.

Which again says half the number sold corralates with the 9 days compared to 17.

It's likely a much smaller competition in terms of spectators and athletes, thus requiring less police presence.

...well, yes, that's what's being discussed in this thread :)

More importantly it's seen as a much lower security risk.

Anyway back to why ..

As shown by the Community Sheild being played at Villa Park.. no other large sporting event was allowed to be played because the IOC wanted a blanket ban on it. Not because of Police issues, pure and simple... Olympics was centre stage.

The Charity Shield was played at Villa Park because... (1) Wembley was still set up as a LOCOG venue on Sunday (2) It would have been impossible to rebrand and reinstate all of the corporate facilities overnight, following the Mens Final on Saturday (2) Wembley needed to give the pitch a break after hosting so many games in a short period for the Olympics.

Nothing to do with IOC bans.

Last edited:
august13_730x270.jpg

august13_730x270a.jpg

august13_730x270b.jpg

august13_730x270c.jpg

Don't feel excited about us at all for the new season. Really disappointed we failed to add much to the squad apart from the new manager and 2 new players. Really thought we would have a new striker or two by now.

Back