• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Official Pre-Season Games Thread *

i give him all the chances, i said before he was appointed that he can have us finish anywhere in the top 7 and id be happy as long as the football was entertaining. Im just not sure Levy will be so generous

Every indication is that AVB is there for the long term, last night`s short comings were mainly down to Livermore and Jenas in midfeild and Defoe up front, hopefully none of them will be starters normally.

Every indication is that AVB is there for the long term, last night`s short comings were mainly down to Livermore and Jenas in midfeild and Defoe up front, hopefully none of them will be starters normally.

last night was a friendly, its not so important....the bigger picture is that the squad is short in quality in key areas, up front and in centre midfield, and that will affect results when the season gets underway. Already AVB is under pressure because of what happened at Chelsea and because he is replacing media darling Redknapp. My question is how much patience has Levy got if as it seems it will take time for AVB not only to bring in his players, but also to change the style.

Already AVB is under pressure because of what happened at Chelsea and because he is replacing media darling Redknapp.

Only from the media.

Caring what they say is like getting upset if a retarded child stuck his tongue out at you and told you that you smell of poo.

How can you be more worried about our midfield than strikers?

VDV, Siggi, Bale, Lennon, Sandro, Parker, Livermore, Townsend, Carroll, Huddlestone, (even Jenas and Bentley), Modric (or replacement), v Defoe and Kane.

I know which one I am more worried about.

Well, we have one senior striker in the squad right now, Jermaine Defoe. He looks fit and ready to go and we know that if you get him the ball in and around the box he will score some goals.

In my opinion we have two senior central (/deep) playmakers in the squad, Modric and Huddlestone. I doubt Modric will feature against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and I'm not confident about us bringing in a replacement by then should he leave either. That leaves us with one and so far he's not played more than 45 minutes in any of the pre-season games and didn't feature at all in our last and most important pre-season game last night.

Come Saudi Sportswashing Machine, I would rather have Huddlestone or Modric (or a replacement) in to give us some creativity and purpose in central midfield and have Defoe up front than have Ade or Leandro Damiao up front, but with two out of Sandro, Jenas and Livermore in central midfield.

Going by rumours both from ITKs and the papers it seems more likely that we'll bring in a striker than a midfielder by Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

So all in all, I'm more worried about central midfield than strikers right now.

Walker, Caulker, Livermore and Defoe all picked for the England team...

livermore? Didnt even make it in the olympics team!

It has to be said, what must lennon do to get into the England squad?

Hope none of them get injured. Although I doubt Defoe, Livermore or Caulker will get any minutes to get injured.

Livermore, nice kid and all that, but in the England squad?....dreary me, he isnt even good enough for us. 4th choice back up

2bh even though there are clear problems in the squad, i don't actually think last night's game was a bad performance at all. 2bh there were lots of positives and if we play that well during the season we'll gain more points than we'll lose.

It was a tough work-out and we aquitted ourselves well. I wouldn't even read too much into the defence looking shaky, because you stick Sandro or Parker infront of them and half the problem is solved already. You also have to bear in mind that Valencia at home are a really good side and will make the best back-line look a bit shaky at times.

I felt we held up pretty well all things considered and if we were as clinical as Valencia we'd have had 5 or 6 last night - so chill out.

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial

Our starting line-up at Southend - Ryan; Smith, Hall, Ekong, Rose; Carroll, Mason; Falque, Kane, Townsend; Coulibaly

16 - GOAL! Townsend beat four players on his way to the byline, cross to near post collected by Coulibaly, who rifled into top corner. 1-0.

Coulibaly is banging them in although I remember getting excited as a kid when Iversen got 11 in pre season once!!

37 - GOAL! Break, worked the extra man well, Smith on the overlap, Carroll's shot blocked but Kane buried rebound. 2-0.
HT at Roots Hall, an entertaining game and our Spurs XI are beating Southend 2-0.

66 - GOAL! Carroll lovely slide-rule pass into Kane, who dinked over goalkeeper Bentley and home. 3-0.
67 - GOAL! Townsend tried his luck from 20 yards, ball deflected off Clohessy and into corner. 4-0.

Is this against Southend's 1st team? I know they're in League 2 but it's still pretty impressive by our kids if so.

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial
82 - GOAL! Townsend deep cross for Kane, nodded back for Obika to head home from close range. 6-0.
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
6m Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial
74 - GOAL! HAT-TRICK FOR KANE. Townsend inch-perfect pass into Kane, right side, firm sidefoot into bottom corner. 5-0.
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
17m Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial
67 - GOAL! Townsend tried his luck from 20 yards, ball deflected off Clohessy and into corner. 4-0.

Back