• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Official Pre-Season Games Thread *

If I heard that word transition, you can all go fudge yourselves.

Harry got us 4th, anything else below will be failure.

Personally I think Levy will of thought about that and perhaps will have a deal ready on deadline day, if Modric goes we push paper work through for his replacement at the same time, if he stays, we just don't sign the guy.

If we were hoping for that, the team we're signing our replacement from would be fudged. Don't see it working out if we sell him on deadline day.

Aaron Lennon @Aaron7Lennon

Good performance by the lads didn't deserve to lose but all about the minutes and getting sharper for next week Been a good #preseason

Aaron Lennon @Aaron7Lennon

Good performance by the lads didn't deserve to lose but all about the minutes and getting sharper for next week Been a good #preseason

Have to say Lennon looked very sharp. One of the ones to come away from that showing that he's ready for the season to start I think.

Reading to much into a pre season friendly?

Jenas and Livermore as the central duo will not be the answer regardless of if it's a friendly or league game, and in my opinion the same is true if you replace one of them with Sandro.

Modric will still probably not feature against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, now Huddlestone, our only other creative central midfielder didn't feature at all in our final friendly for unknown reasons.

Add the slight issue of the lack of strikers and I think reading at least something into the situation is warranted, even if it was just a friendly.

I hope something will happen but levy is leaveing it late again. The modric saga is a joke sell for 30 doubled our money but wants more.

He's a clown wants top dollar for players he's selling but don't want to pay it !!

Here we go, "he's a clown"...it's incredible to me how many people know so much more about buying and selling footballers than Daniel Levy and Andre Villas Boas! Because it really is as simple as "flog 'I'm for double" and "buy 'I'm for loadsawonga"...fudge it, let's buy an exotic fish tank for the changing room too, and see if we can grab this season's Seth Johnson for 20 million plus 100k a week...

Just to reiterate for EVERYONE who's going on and on and on, we FAILED to make the CL despite being comfortably third for two thirds of the season. I'm not sure if people really understand what that meant to our plans...

I will wait to complain until Sept 1st...

2008-9 pre season and Levy's comments on fergy unsettling berba :

"Today's public comments by Manchester United's manager, announcing that he has made an offer for Dimitar and is confident that the deal will go through with time working in their favour, is a blatant example of sheer arrogance and interference with one of our players. It is also probably one of the worst offences by any manager in the Premier League to date and is unbelievably hypocritical given his recent comments in respect of Cristiano Ronaldo and Real Madrid.

I have absolutely no wish to sell either player and to date we have not accepted any offer for either. However, when a player's head is turned and their commitment is absent, particularly when they occupy key positions such as that of striker, they become a negative influence in a team dressing room in which they were once a positive addition and influence. This is the situation we now have on our hands, with both Dimitar and Robbie having made it clear that they wish to leave for Manchester United and Liverpool respectively."

From wikipedia which goes on to comments from levy on the robbie keane transfer.

We only lost pre-season in 2009-10 (first in 5 years of pre-seasons) to celtic 2-0 in that wembley cup, after drawing with barcelona through a jake livermore header. When did we last play valenica pre season ? Besides, I firmly believe you make history, you don't just keep looking back; however, it's painfully obvious to one and all, WE NEED STRIKERS ! Ade would be great - ha can hold up the ball and take the focus off the midfield by oppo who are pressing them, and allow our attacking midfielders to move forward more to break into the box. Did we do that last night ? I missed most of the game. Their strikes were something else though, fab.

Here we go, "he's a clown"...it's incredible to me how many people know so much more about buying and selling footballers than Daniel Levy and Andre Villas Boas! Because it really is as simple as "flog 'I'm for double" and "buy 'I'm for loadsawonga"...fudge it, let's buy an exotic fish tank for the changing room too, and see if we can grab this season's Seth Johnson for 20 million plus 100k a week...

Just to reiterate for EVERYONE who's going on and on and on, we FAILED to make the CL despite being comfortably third for two thirds of the season. I'm not sure if people really understand what that meant to our plans...

I will wait to complain until Sept 1st...
And we have also failed in the transfer market for the last few years to sign a striker on a permanent deal .

Finish 3rd or not we still only had one striker on our books and needed to buy !

But apologies for going on and on!!

But I'm a bit concerned at the way this window is going and correct me if I'm wrong but it Is mr levy who is at the helm.

I will be interested too.

If AVB doesn't think Hudd is good enough or if Hudd isn't going to be fit for the opening games I'm more worried about our midfield than our strikers right now.

How can you be more worried about our midfield than strikers?

VDV, Siggi, Bale, Lennon, Sandro, Parker, Livermore, Townsend, Carroll, Huddlestone, (even Jenas and Bentley), Modric (or replacement), v Defoe and Kane.

I know which one I am more worried about.

I wonder if Levy has got the balls to back AVB when the sh!t hits the storm.....because i see dark clouds on the horizon

Its far to soon to even suggest that, give him a chance!

i give him all the chances, i said before he was appointed that he can have us finish anywhere in the top 7 and id be happy as long as the football was entertaining. Im just not sure Levy will be so generous

Back