• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

impossible. apparently he cant shoot, remember?

Our biggest loss ever, even though we've managed to cope without him thus far.

Read stories earlier this week linking him with United this summer. Would be interesting to know with our 'special realtionship' with Real whether we have first option on him if they do want rid

They won't want to get rid, Alonso is aging and Luka is starting to look confident and worthy of his transfer fee, I imagine he'll be even better next season.

Iloveluka - We know he's capable of scoring some terrific goals but he isn't one for maximising the chances he gets, he's not clinical, he's most definitely a scuffer.

Have you not found a Real Madrid forum yet?

There's no chance United will take Lewandowski imo, not when they're stacked in the striker department (yes Rooney is inconsistent and expensive but his productivity is still crazy). This is entirely his agent angling for a better contract.

Lewandowski is prolific in a very very creative Dortmund team but I don't think he's that creative or dynamic himself; he reminds me of Dzeko more than a Suarez, when it's the latter we need. Benteke relies more on his power and pace than his brains or skill, and Villa is set up to feed him like they used to with Bent so you'd expect him to score plenty (and he gets *loads* of space because nobody defends deep against Villa :lol:). We already lack vision and intelligence in the final third, so when funds are limited to one marquee striker I'd go for a more clever playmaking type like Fiorentina's Jovetic, who can link up well with Bale and who I doubt would cost much more (rumored 22m release clause, and his chairman has said he will *only* sell him abroad). But CL next season is sine qua non before we start debating over any half-decent striker!

Fellaini is out for our game but I'm not convinced it'll hurt Everton - going off the Toffee forums, he's been in average form in 2013 and every time he starts they're tempted to go route one hoofball, when they're capable of more creative free-flowing stuff without him. Pienaar would be a big loss though.

I'm actually really looking forward to this game because that diabolical loss (and performance) at Goodison was the turning point for us, so this is a good chance to measure how far we've come this season. I said the same for Liverpool and was actually pleasantly surprised at our performance despite the result; even under Dalglish Liverpool were not a team that'd concede midfield easily, and yet we pushed them back and smothered the life out of them before our self-inflicted errors. That's not easy to do to an aggressive, possession-minded team.

Speaking of aggressive teams . . . Southampton's pressing is really impressive. I know that people thought their chairman was insane to sack Adkins, but Pochettino was regarded in Spain as a young progressive manager who instills a high-energy, high-pressing game (his poor final season with Espanyol had a lot of other factors going on). Despite their inconsistent results you can see what he's trying to do, like AVB with us. He'll be one to watch imo, especially with Southampton's conveyer belt of young talent.

Can Pochettino speak English? I only ask because he is very vocal on the sidelines but doesn't speak English in interviews.
Great win today against pool and they were well worth it from the extended highlights.

fudging hell.......what a bunch of lily livered losers on this thread.

We might as well hand Chelsea and Arsenal 3rd and 4th right now and forget about playing the rest of the season the way that some of you are whining on.

Pathetic.

I watched the game earlier but I still got goosebumps watching Everton's second goal on MOTD. Viva the EPL!!!
Cracking QPR-Villa game and both these teams were pure brick a few weeks ago. Great Spurs interest in that game. I missed the Townsend goal as I was on the phone-any good?

They won't want to get rid, Alonso is aging and Luka is starting to look confident and worthy of his transfer fee, I imagine he'll be even better next season.

Iloveluka - We know he's capable of scoring some terrific goals but he isn't one for maximising the chances he gets, he's not clinical, he's most definitely a scuffer.

Have you not found a Real Madrid forum yet?

Modric won the United away tie for them. I don't follow Spanish football so I don't know how how he is doing in domestic games.

I hold my hands up - I got Liverpool's chances wrong. We should have won easily last week and they were bashed up today.

Last edited:
It has been a topsy turvy battle for top 4 this season. Just 1 or 2 weeks ago, Liverpool and Everton were seemingly out of the race, then Liverpool suddenly looked to be in, then out again, and now Everton in again ! At one stage, Arsenal looked to be out but now just 4 points behind us. The likes of Swansea, WBA and even Stoke were putting a strong challenge earlier in the season but now have dropped out. Can't remember the race for top 4 being so unpredictable like this before. IMO, it is all due to the lack of quality and consistency in the PL this season.

I watched the game earlier but I still got goosebumps watching Everton's second goal on MOTD. Viva the EPL!!!
Cracking QPR-Villa game and both these teams were pure brick a few weeks ago. Great Spurs interest in that game. I missed the Townsend goal as I was on the phone-any good?

Took the chance to shoot well but it got a slight (and probably telling) deflection.

Great to see him playing so well.

Thank GHod for that. This guy takes overrated to a whole new level.

Typical flavour of the month. Premiership history is littered with players who have a great run then fade away the following season. Would'nt want him at Spurs............yet !

Thank GHod for that. This guy takes overrated to a whole new level.

Have to agree. Not sure why the media and pundits rate him so highly. From time to time, we always have a player performing well at a struggling club, only to go missing after moving to another club. I think he belongs to that category.

Back