• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Roy Hodgson on Rio Ferdinand withdrawal: 'Due to the detailed pre-planned training & medical programme he must follow, it's not possible.

Surely they were aware of this pre-planned training & medical programme prior to announcing his call up??? It's not like the guy has a serious back problem.

This stinks of politics.

Surely they were aware of this pre-planned training & medical programme prior to announcing his call up??? It's not like the guy has a serious back problem.

This stinks of politics.

iirc Ferdinand does in fact have some long standing problems with his back

The McManaman tackle will be reviewed by the FA.

"McManaman went in for the ball and got the ball as clean as a whistle," says Wigan chairman Dave Whelan.

Roy Hodgson on Rio Ferdinand withdrawal: 'Due to the detailed pre-planned training & medical programme he must follow, it's not possible.

Genius.

AVB please issue a similar statement to all international FA's informing that none of our players are available because they are all mentally fudged and need a vigorous programme of ...emm...mental unfudging for the next two weeks at least.

The McManaman tackle will be reviewed by the FA.

"McManaman went in for the ball and got the ball as clean as a whistle," says Wigan chairman Dave Whelan.

207_not_sure_if_seriovwrn3.jpg

It's not as bad as it looks. He is clearly going for the ball, misses it and unfortunately hits the player. A bit reckless, probably excessive force, and a clear red card, but it is a bit unlucky. I think people is giving him a too hard time because I can't see any intent there. Comparing it to Keane against Håland, as somone did, is ridiculous. Keane had been planning that for years.

can't agree at all.
firstly, it doesnt matter if hes going for the ball. second, it doesnt matter if theres intent there either.
the real deciding factor is, was it reckless and excessive. and this tackle attempt 100% was both these things.

the thing about tackles like this is, it gives haidara absolutely no chance of challenging for the ball. if he does get to the ball a split second before mcmanaman, hell get a very dangerous studs-up foot go straight through him. so the only option left for haidara is to avoid the tackle. which he chooses to do as you can see in the last split second. however, mcmanamn's tackle was so dangerous that he got clattered anyways.

although it doesnt matter, regarding if there was intent, i obviously do not know, but i would guess yes.
did mcmanaman mean to break haidara's leg? probably not
but did he mean to hurt him and "leave a mark", almost certainly yes.
this is the kind of tackle that gareth bale tries to avoid and often gets called a diver for. and also, if i remember correctly, this is how both eduardo and aaron ramsey broke their legs. simply because the opponent had no regard for the safety and welfare of the opponent, and didnt care about the consequences of their reckless actions.

this was disgusting tackle, and its an absolute disgrace that people like dave whelan are attempting to justify it.

This stinks of politics.

Actually, that is exactly what he has. He's been managing a chronic back problem for years.

Frankly, after the way Hodgson managed the whole Terry/Ferdinand thing, if I was Ferdinand, I would have told Roy to tinkle off.

FIFA World Cup 2014 European Qualification Goalscorers - past & present Spurs players...

P0216_zps0a3d63e4.png

Last edited:
Actually, that is exactly what he has. He's been managing a chronic back problem for years.

Frankly, after the way Hodgson managed the whole Terry/Ferdinand thing, if I was Ferdinand, I would have told Roy to tinkle off.

iirc Ferdinand does in fact have some long standing problems with his back

Sorry guys the internet failed to deliver the sarcasm in my post about his back. I am well aware Ferdinand has a serious back problem. :)

TWENTY PLAYERS ON INTERNATIONAL DUTY

It's a busy international break with no less than 20 players on duty from Under-17s through to the seniors.

The main focus will be on World Cup qualifiers this Friday and next Tuesday, March 26.

In Europe, Gareth Bale (Wales), Steven Caulker, Jermain Defoe, Scott Parker, Kyle Walker (all England), Mousa Dembele, Jan Vertonghen (Belgium), Hugo Lloris (France) and Gylfi Sigurdsson (Iceland) all face qualfying matches.

England face an away double-header at San Marino and a key clash against current leaders Montenegro in Group H.

Other highlights see Gareth and Wales take on Scotland in a Home Nations clash in Group A on Friday while Hugo takes on reigning World and European champions Spain in Group I next week.

Away from the UK, Benoit Assou-Ekotto and Emmanuel Adebayor face each other as Cameroon host Togo in African qualifying Group I in Yaounde on Saturday and another highlight sees USA renew rivalries with Mexico on Tuesday, with Clint Dempsey back home for qualifiers against Costa Rica and Mexico.

We've six players in Under-21 action including four with England - Tom Carroll, Danny Rose, Adam Smith and Andros Townsend will all look to impress Stuart Pearce ahead of June's Israel Euro U21 Championship Finals in friendlies against Romania on Thursday and Austria on Monday.

Jordan Archer is with the Scotland U21 squad for a friendly against Norway on Thursday then a first qualifying match for the Euro 2015 finals against Luxembourg. Lewis Holtby travels to Israel with Germany for a friendly.

At Under-19 level, Kenny McEvoy and Milos Veljkovic have friendlies with the Republic of Ireland and Serbia respectively while Connor Ogilvie is in the England Under-17 squad for the UEFA U17 European Championship final qualifying group against Portugal, Russia and Slovenia. The winner only of the group will progress to May's finals.

INTERNATIONAL FIXTURES INVOLVING OUR PLAYERS

Thursday

Norway U21s v Scotland - Jordan Archer
England U21s v Romania (at Wycombe) - Tom Carroll, Danny Rose, Adam Smith, Andros Townsend

Friday

Scotland v Wales - WCQ - Gareth Bale
San Marino v England - WCQ - Steven Caulker, Jermain Defoe, Scott Parker, Kyle Walker
Macedonia v Belgium - WCQ - Mousa Dembele, Jan Vertonghen
USA v Costa Rica - WCQ - Clint Dempsey
France v Georgia - WCQ - Hugo Lloris
Slovenia v Iceland - WCQ - Gylfi Sigurdsson
Gibralta XI v Rep Ireland U19s - Kenny McEvoy

Saturday

Cameroon v Togo - WCQ - Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Emmanuel Adebayor
England U19s v Portugal - ECQ - Connor Ogilvie
Belgium U19s v Serbia - Milos Veljkovic

Sunday

Israel U21s v Germany - Lewis Holtby

Monday

Scotland U21s v Luxembourg - ECQ
England U21s v Austria (at Brighton)
Belgium v Serbia U19s
England U17s v Russia - ECQ

Tuesday

Wales v Croatia - WCQ
Montenegro v England - WCQ
Belgium v Macedonia - WCQ
France v Spain - WCQ
Mexico v USA - WCQ

Thursday

England U17s v Slovenia - ECQ

FA confirm no action can be taken following Callum McManaman horror challenge on Saudi Sportswashing Machine's Massadio Haidara

Back