• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Our supporters will be boycotting our fixture in the League Cup away at Manchester United due to the ridiculous behaviour of Manchester United Football Club.

Turkey dominating The Netherlands on their own turf but cannot score (Arda missed a 1 on 1). RVP scored a header from a corner (bad defending).

If this is the Dutch team then cannot see them going too far.

Ref was giving everything to Belgium and carries on with sending off Collins just for the sake of sending off a welsh player. Disgrace.

Defoe scores for England. He needs a break like that while playing for us. In fact, we need a lucky break full stop

Our supporters will be boycotting our fixture in the League Cup away at Manchester United due to the ridiculous behaviour of Manchester United Football Club.

What have I missed? Tickets over-priced??

Bale is just amazing. Great runs. Great control.

But ref has killed the game and thats what he wanted.

Just like in the last Belgian game, Vertonghen has scored!!

Fantastic free kick from Vertonghen. But never a Free kick.

You will go a long way before seeing such a biased referee. He came to ref this game and fudge Wales over.

SS1 commentators are fuming.

Clean sheet for Lloris, one or two good saves.

Fantastic couple of moments from Bale.

Dembele not amazing but playing a modric type of game, back to the goal and controling the teams passing.

Vertonghen, solid at the back, much more confident than with us, great free kick, will be a top player for us. 100% sure about that.

[video=youtube;DM0Ivf-94tc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM0Ivf-94tc[/video]

That is how you do it Kaboul

He won't score free kicks for much longer now that he has joined Spurs though. We are good at getting rid of such qualities in a player.

Gylfi had a fine game, played 90 minutes and we had our first win against Norway in 25 years!! He provided the assist for the second goal that killed the game. Lars Lagerback, the longtime Sweden manager, has taken over and is playing 4-4-2 all the way, so Gylfi was operating as close to a striker as I've ever seen him do. Unfortunately our team isn't filled with the best of footballers so we mostly played the longball. Gylfi worked his socks off pressing and did well dropping down to pick up the ball and distribute it around at times, but I would like us to try and pass the ball around more to suit his strengths.

Also, former Spur Emil Hallfredsson is back in the starting lineup after a very good spell in Italy, and played a decent game.

Gylfi had a fine game, played 90 minutes and we had our first win against Norway in 25 years!! He provided the assist for the second goal that killed the game. Lars Lagerback, the longtime Sweden manager, has taken over and is playing 4-4-2 all the way, so Gylfi was operating as close to a striker as I've ever seen him do. Unfortunately our team isn't filled with the best of footballers so we mostly played the longball. Gylfi worked his socks off pressing and did well dropping down to pick up the ball and distribute it around at times, but I would like us to try and pass the ball around more to suit his strengths.
Also, former Spur Emil Hallfredsson is back in the starting lineup after a very good spell in Italy, and played a decent game.

I don't think Sigurdsson was involved that much. He played a good pass your second goal as you said, and hit some good set pieces. Apart from that I didn't notice him that much though in open play. Then again, it is probably not that easy to make a big mark in a game where neither team tries, or is able, to play proper football.

Congrats with your win though. It was a tight game that could have gone either way. Certainly a big blow to our hopes of qualifying for the World Cup. Unfortunately for us you managed to bundle that first goal over the line after we had made the best start. It very much turned the game in your favour. We didn't manage to create enough chances though, although we created as many as Iceland. I am also not sure whether it was actually offside when we scored. An Icelandic player was lying down with his foot very near goal on that occasion. I have only seen a quick replay though. Regardless of whether it was a correct decision or not, the referee was a complete joke throughout the game, and dare I say, a bit of a homer :p

I don't think Sigurdsson was involved that much. He played a good pass your second goal as you said, and hit some good set pieces. Apart from that I didn't notice him that much though in open play. Then again, it is probably not that easy to make a big mark in a game where neither team tries, or is able, to play proper football.

Congrats with your win though. It was a tight game that could have gone either way. Certainly a big blow to our hopes of qualifying for the World Cup. Unfortunately for us you managed to bundle that first goal over the line after we had made the best start. It very much turned the game in your favour. We didn't manage to create enough chances though, although we created as many as Iceland. I am also not sure whether it was actually offside when we scored. An Icelandic player was lying down with his foot very near goal on that occasion. I have only seen a quick replay though. Regardless of whether it was a correct decision or not, the referee was a complete joke throughout the game, and dare I say, a bit of a homer :p

Yeah, I agree. I tried to pay more attention to him than the other players, and he was trying to become more involved as the game progressed, but of course he's not a player best suited for Stoke-style-football.

Yup, a tough and hard fought game, the first goal was crucial as it gave us a nice confidence boost and seemed to knock you lot off your game. The replay we got seemed pretty dead on, but granted I didn't see our defender on the ground. Wouldn't be the first mistake the red made during the game, blew the whistle waaaay to much for my liking. The French..... :)

He won't score free kicks for much longer now that he has joined Spurs though. We are good at getting rid of such qualities in a player.

Yep,we'll soon knock that skill out of him. Bales's has gone, Sigurdsson's free kicks will be next. Something in the Haringey air turns their skills into cr#p

Its important that Gabon get a result against Togo for us today. We can't cope with Adebayor going to the African cup of Nations.

Back