• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Owen handed lead co-commentator role for BT Sport's football coverage... and they will host the first game of the season as rival network sparks price war with Sky

All three sport channels will be FREE to BT internet customers - of which there are already 5million

BT will kick off their live Premier League coverage with a bang; they have secured the first match of the 2013-14 season. The game will be screened at 12.45pm on Saturday August 17.

All BT internet customers will receive the coverage for free; BT Broadband costs £10 a month and BT Infinity costs £15.

If you are not a BT customer you must pay £15 a month for the HD coverage.

Michael Owen will co-commentate alongside BBC Radio 5 Live's Darren Fletcher and also Ian Darke

Fellaini, Sturridge, Hart, Vermaelen and Ferdinand join Bale, Van Persie and Oxlade-Chamberlain as part of the team

I think we all have to be QPR fans this weekend. If they beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine then it guarantees that both Wigan and the Geordies will have something to play for against Arsenal.

Owen handed lead co-commentator role for BT Sport's football coverage... and they will host the first game of the season as rival network sparks price war with Sky

All three sport channels will be FREE to BT internet customers - of which there are already 5million

BT will kick off their live Premier League coverage with a bang; they have secured the first match of the 2013-14 season. The game will be screened at 12.45pm on Saturday August 17.

All BT internet customers will receive the coverage for free; BT Broadband costs £10 a month and BT Infinity costs £15.

If you are not a BT customer you must pay £15 a month for the HD coverage.

Michael Owen will co-commentate alongside BBC Radio 5 Live's Darren Fletcher and also Ian Darke

Fellaini, Sturridge, Hart, Vermaelen and Ferdinand join Bale, Van Persie and Oxlade-Chamberlain as part of the team

Anyone know what happens if you currently have the Sky Sports package via NTL. Will it get included in the package like ESPN is?

Presume we'll be rooting for Emirates Marketing Project on Saturday in order to avoid the possibility of Spurs having an unwanted EL play-off in August.

Serious question.

Do media companies take into account people's vocal tones?

Disregarding actual knowledge and insight (which they will all have in spades no doubt), Owen and Bale have pretty monotone vocal delivery and Carragher is just fudging grating to listen to sometimes.

Didn't know where else to put this, but I just wanted to bring in the following quote from Martinez about the Everton job:

"All that matters right now is Wigan, there has been no contact from anywhere else and it would be a waste of time because the next eight days are just about the most exciting in the club's history," he said. "Nothing is going to distract us or take our focus away from that.''

I don't want to necessarily Harry bash, but I feel the point needs to be made that if he said something like that last season, Arsenal would have been in the Europa League this year while we probably would have gone on to sign Moutinho and Damiao and probably been more secure in a top 4 place this time around. Martinez could very well still get the Everton job if indeed he wants it, but he totally dismisses it when it's an important time for his current club. They may still approach him, but he knows that allowing the club's focus to slip and become a circus for his own job hunt is only going to have a negative effect.

We were in the title hunt last season. All Harry needed to say was that it would be a waste of time for anyone from England to contact him right now because he is concentrating on completing a title challenge with Spurs and hopefully leading us back into the Champions League. It is an exciting time for the club with the new stadium and training ground coming and therefore no reason to consider anything else.

If he had said anything like that, I'm convinced we would have picked up the couple of more points we needed to at least get third. The fact that we didn't will always be a massive shame and a massive wasted opportunity. If he had said anything like that, England may well have still approached him, because they will have understood that he needed to finish the season strongly with his club and was doing his best to make sure we didn't lose focus. But he couldn't fudging do it.

I like Harry. I feel sorry for him right now with what is going on at QPR and we were more consistent under him than at any point in my Spurs supporting life. But my GHod, that will always be one of the biggest fudge ups of all time if you ask me. Martinez played it exactly as Harry needed to last year.

I dont like Harry and what is happening to him now is karma, he done a great job for us and that is something I will always stick by, but the guy cant text or use e-mails and must think that everyone has c&nt written on their forehead, while I am at it I wish his son would get off my tv as well.

Back