• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

"you're not winning this today, you tossers" is what he is alleged to say, allegedly

Imagine if this is true; puts tacotenberg in a new light, and perhaps makes gives different perspective of the Mendes goal and Nani's goal to make it 2-0 ahgainst us two years ago...:-k

Can you elaborate? I mean what would they possibly fall-out over? And surely their lack of star quality and deja-vu situation explains their recent performances

Nobody is calling for him to go but we must improve asap.

Yet to play well this season.

Greg; thanks for the opinion, but that was a questions about Arsenal.

At least you answered my Saudi Sportswashing Machine-Pardew question to Rossi in a round-a-bout way though!

i think the same be can be said for most of last seasons top teams outside of Chelsea. Emirates Marketing Project/United ourselves and Arsenal all yet to hit their stride

What are your expectations in the league this season?

Would you agree that you over performed last season in the league and that a slight set back might be expected?

Interesting.

I must say that if it is true it shows Wenger in a poor light; i.e. he cares more about whether he gets credit for winning formula than actually whetehr they are winning (or not). Ah well, I guess there's nothing like egos in football. Also suprised that Stewart Rosbon - a supposed 'true' gooner - is airing the dirty laundry in public and on Talksport of all mediums.

I actually think the performances are due to them just being Arsenal these days; every year their squad gets worse; shame we weren't able to show this last season by finishing 3rd, but i digress...

The problem with all this talk is you can bet they'll use this rumour to create a seige mentality by the time we play them and give us a tonking (hope i'm wrong of course...)

Yeah and a 3 goal defeat as is the norm for us at the Emirates. Hope we're both wrong.

Nothing that Clattenburg has said could possibly be any worse than what has come out of Chelsea through the years

What are your expectations in the league this season?

Would you agree that you over performed last season in the league and that a slight set back might be expected?

No, not really, we have some genuine class players and I think 5th was a fair reflection of our side last season, but we didn't strengthen the side and now have the Europa League to content with.

Being in it is great but it is certainly having an impact, as are injuries, we didn't really have many injuries last season and yet this season we've had Krul, S.Taylor, Cabaye, Coloccini and Tiote (and now possibly Ba) injured so we've not really been able to put a pull strength side out.

All things considered I'd be happy with anywhere 6th-8th and a good cup run.

I'm eager to see how this is investigated.

I wonder how this'll be swept under the carpet as it's either a) tacotenberg showing how he actively refs to influence a game then surely has to be dealt with, b) shows tacotenberg in a racist light and surely has to be dealt with c) shows Chelsea to be sour-grape ridden scum for making either scenario up.

Well it's in the Mail and the Telegraph already so I wonder how the BBC will cover it (or not)...

<<<Popcorn is ready>>

tumblr_m61wvoaNHG1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

Saudi Sportswashing Machine over achieved last season. They finished above Chelsea ffs!!

8 months worth of good luck coming to an end for Chelsea?

From BBC:

Chelsea are to investigate reports that a steward was injured by objects thrown from the crowd during the 3-2 defeat by Manchester United at Stamford Bridge.

Javier Hernandez appeared to be pelted as he celebrated scoring United's winner in front of Chelsea fans in the Matthew Harding Stand.

After that, a steward required 10 minutes of treatment before being taken to hospital.

"We are investigating all the incidents around that time," said a spokesman.

"We are looking at reports of objects that may have been thrown or incidents around the steward taking a fall.

"My information so far is that he slipped and fell, may have hurt his knee, and was being treated by the side of the pitch."

No, not really, we have some genuine class players and I think 5th was a fair reflection of our side last season, but we didn't strengthen the side and now have the Europa League to content with.

Being in it is great but it is certainly having an impact, as are injuries, we didn't really have many injuries last season and yet this season we've had Krul, S.Taylor, Cabaye, Coloccini and Tiote (and now possibly Ba) injured so we've not really been able to put a pull strength side out.

All things considered I'd be happy with anywhere 6th-8th and a good cup run.

Looking at other teams, ourselves included, the injuries you talk of this season seems to be par for the course for a Premiership side, not something out of the ordinary. You say yourself that you were lucky with injuries last season, I thought you had more than your fair share of good fortune last season as well and you have another competition to take part in this season. Chelsea have strengthened massively and kinda gave up on the league last season to focus on their CL run. 6th seems like what you should get with a performance as good as the one last season. Other factors playing a part, like what was mentioned with injuries, luck and EL participation I think 6th is optimistic. Of course it's only natural to be optimistic about these things.

Might have been better for Pardew this season if you had done slightly worse last season cause now he's going to get judged against the league finish last season and that might cause a lot of problems that finishing 8th last year wouldn't have.

Or in short, regression to the mean.

Of course Saudi Sportswashing Machine overachieved last season. Nobody outside of Saudi Sportswashing Machine expected them to finish 5th. They seemed to score more worldies than any other team last season. Every goal Cisse scored last season was a wondergoal!!

From BBC:

"My information so far is that he slipped and fell, may have hurt his knee, and was being treated by the side of the pitch."

And that's what the steward will say if he wants to keep his job I suspect

Thought I'd post this question I have here:

I thought it was an open secret for a year that Thiago Silva when he was at AC Milan would sign last summer for Barca. He seemed a perfect fit; an actually good defender who can play football.

Why didn't they end up signing him? Was it simply that PSG blew them out of the water? You'd surely expect he;d go to Barca despite money if given the choice :-k

it would be ridiculous if they have reported him for swearing

Back