• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Kabooooooom Thread

Re: Return of Younes could be vital in many ways

Very good to see Younes playing football again :)

Seems likely that he will be rusty though, don't think he will displace Dawson or Vertonghen as first choice this season, but an injury and he could be next in line, it also seems that Ekotto is falling out of favour and Naughton doesn't fill me with confidence as a left back at the moment (and we kind of need a left footer there with inverted wingers on the left) so we could see Vertonghen get more games at left back something that could also make room for Kaboul.

Would much rather see him than Gallas for sure.

I see he's been hitting the gym..

BMFmDWqCUAAl23s.jpg

If he can have a full pre-season with no niggles then having him back in the side next season will be like having a new signing, and a fudging good one at that!

if i was one of the other CBs, i'd be afraid right now.

Strength was never really his issue though was it.

I think the Europa league early stages will come in handy in terms of Kaboul aiding his recovery, pre season is all well and good but we know it's not the same at all and I don't fancy throwing someone who's played a grand total of one league game last year in critical matches at the start of the season, because as we know all too well, every match in the league is unbelievably important.

Strength was never really his issue though was it.

I think the Europa league early stages will come in handy in terms of Kaboul aiding his recovery, pre season is all well and good but we know it's not the same at all and I don't fancy throwing someone who's played a grand total of one league game last year in critical matches at the start of the season, because as we know all too well, every match in the league is unbelievably important.

With Vertonghen suspended, it'd be great to have Kaboul come in for him.

Will be good to see him back, really looking forward to seeing him and Jan as our no1 CB partnership.

Younes Kaboul @YounsKabs4

Finished my week in Holland with @eduphysio...Feeling very strong again and ready for pre season!Big thanks to him for the very hard work!

That makes us a better team already and we have not even signed anyone yet

Agreed. Him and Sandro returning could make a real difference.

Will be very interesting to see Kaboul and Vertonghen together if we get a chance to see that over an extended period. In my head it seems like a very good partnership.

Am I right to be slightly worried about the contract talks? Does he really only have a year left? Or is this another Levy special 4+2 deal and all is grand?

Edit: Considering that Kaboul was probably desperate to return to us when we re-signed him there's probably a decent chance that we got a +2 option in his contract at the time?

Did someone say solid central line?

Dembele - Sandro - Paulinho
Vertonghen - Kaboul
LLoris

If Kaboul and those other five can stay fit,
we're challenging

If we can add a top quality striker to that spine, we'll be well sorted for the season ahead... well, the first three games until one of those players is injured for the rest of the season.

Back