• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Kabooooooom Thread

Re: Return of Younes could be vital in many ways

I very much doubt we will see him starting a game this season. Hasn't even played a reserve game yet so is at least 3/4 weeks away from even being in contention for a 1st team game but would still be too risky given the situation.

I remember talking to an old guy on the train coming back from a Spurs game yeaaars back - possibly Getafe in the UEFA Cup, maybe in Kabouls first spell?? - and he said he'd like to see Kaboul in that holding role. Ever since then I'd say he had point, as Younes has a lot of the attributes.

I completely reject this square pegs round hole business too. These guys are skilled professionals and are capable of making adaptation, especially ones like this which are relatively slight. Square pegs round holes would be trying to make Defoe play in goal, Lennon play at centre back, Friedel to be our nippy wing man. CB to DM, yeah it can be done. Whether it can be done mid-season is a different question.

I remember Bale being played as a number 9 on tour in the summer and this was much ridiculed... but doesnt seem such a bad idea now. Indeed, that little experiment has played a part in turning a £25m player into a £50m player...

Steff, we are getting desperate if the best thing we have is to look forward to getting Kaboul back. Good defender but even in his "good year" I recently rewatched last year's NLD (the 5-2 Loss) he in particular was awful that day. So he is not the second coming especially after such a long lay off. That said I agree with your positivity. We still have some very good players - Ade, Dembele, Sigurdson, Holtby, Dawson, Lloris, BAE and dare I say it Walker. This is where AVB earns his money by getting the best out of them. Incidentally Arsenal have both Walcott and Wheelchair out against WBA and Everton are missing Fellaini and Pienaar on Sunday. Hopefully all to play for.

Last edited:

Kaboul is quality. The fact he had a bad game according to you in the NLD last year doesn't change that. Even the best players have a handful of poor games in a season. Bale had one last night, doesn't change anything....

Kaboul is quality. The fact he had a bad game according to you in the NLD last year doesn't change that. Even the best players have a handful of poor games in a season. Bale had one last night, doesn't change anything....

My judgement of Kaboul is over more than one game. Yes he improved greatly last season but he is a long way from the finished article or a player that's going to lift our season.

It is pretty clear we will need one of our strikers to step up and one of our other players to take it on. Lennon is the obvious choice to take it on, providing we can keep him fit, but I just wonder if having a fit Younes Kaboul for the run-in might help us grind out the results we need.
IMHO it is between us and Chelski for the 3rd or 4th spot, I think the goons will make it. I still believe we can pip Chelski. But the return of Younes could be absolutely massive, as IF AVB wants to, it could allow him to play Vertonghen and BAE on the same side of the pitch with Younes slotting in alongside Daws or Caulker.

Still 3rd, still in the EL Q/F.

Let's keep positive!

COYS!

p.s. imagine if we hear in the next couple of days that Bale only has a sprain 2-3 weeks. It will be like a new signing LOL!

LOL indeed!

Would be good to get him back to see if his concentration has improved enough to play in a high line. He certainly has the pace to get himself out of trouble if not but not sure I relish the idea of a Kaboul and Vertonghen pairing. Although as it seems AVB doesn't like Ekotto maybe Vertonghen will play left back.

Hope Kaboul isn't paired with Dawson though as I can't recall them being a good partnership at all. Dawson likes to press high up the pitch and make tackles there and Kaboul isn't switched on enough to sweep up behind that.

Would be good to get him back to see if his concentration has improved enough to play in a high line. He certainly has the pace to get himself out of trouble if not but not sure I relish the idea of a Kaboul and Vertonghen pairing. Although as it seems AVB doesn't like Ekotto maybe Vertonghen will play left back.

Hope Kaboul isn't paired with Dawson though as I can't recall them being a good partnership at all. Dawson likes to press high up the pitch and make tackles there and Kaboul isn't switched on enough to sweep up behind that.

So based on not being sure about Kabs with either Vertonghen or Daws are thinking pairing him with Gallas or Caulker?

Me personally think that a Kaboul Vertonghen partnership would be one of the very best pairings in the league!

So based on not being sure about Kabs with either Vertonghen or Daws are thinking pairing him with Gallas or Caulker?

Him and Gallas actually looked good last year but Gallas is on the decline I think. Until he partners Caulker, who knows? What I do know is that I have loved Vertonghen in Dutch football and he has done well at Spurs too but Kaboul isn't an ideal partner for him.

Me personally think that a Kaboul Vertonghen partnership would be one of the very best pairings in the league!

If he's the Kaboul of last year it could well be.

However they're not going to be able to gel until next year really. Kaboul won't start at City, i doubt he'd start at wigan either. Realistically he could start against Southampton, but even then it would be risky.

Seriously doubt he'll be a key player in the run in. After a pre-season next then i think he will be partnered with Verts as our first choice CB's.

If he's the Kaboul of last year it could well be.

However they're not going to be able to gel until next year really. Kaboul won't start at City, i doubt he'd start at wigan either. Realistically he could start against Southampton, but even then it would be risky.

Seriously doubt he'll be a key player in the run in. After a pre-season next then i think he will be partnered with Verts as our first choice CB's.

Yeah, realisticly I don't think he'll feature to much the last games. We've got some good options as it is, but I think that if he stays injury free all summer and gets a GHod pre season, him and superjan will be first choice next season. Don't know what will happen to gallas, but I think Dawson and Caulker will be second choice, wich is not a bad pairing either.

A2140_zpsed17bbc3.jpg

Great to see him back in action!

Back