• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Holtby

Re: *Official* Holtby to join in July thread

Also - hope this means Carroll still has a bit of a future here. Midfield options of Sandro, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Carroll, Holtby and Dempsey either filling in the attacking role or one of the wide forward positions in the 4-3-3 we look to be moving to is excellent. Our defence is shaping up nicely, we have a great goalkeeper and Defoe has shown he can play a lone striker position this season. We are actually probably a little bit of cover upfront or a really world class striker away from having a title challenging side.

This has to mean the end for Livermore and Huddlestone surely? with Sandro, Parker and Holtby that position is well covered.

Livermore to QPR likely (some press on it), either loan or sell.

Hudd has been on the way out for a while.

Waiting for the formation change and player changes in the starting lineup to use any such new players. No opinion til then.

In all honesty if Holtby turns out to be as good as people say he is then this is a much more sensible signing than Moutinho. All these pipe dreams of Llorente, Damaio, Willian... all very good players. In all honesty we are not structured to be making mega deals like these. Holtby is way more in line with the sort of thinking we should have.

Of course I'll be over the moon if we get a big gun. But we have to be wary. I wanted Moutinho and for £22m I think it was a reasonable fee. I was just looking back at our biggest fees we've paid.

Bentley 17m
Bent 16m
Modric 16m
Pav 15m
Defoe 15m

Some of those players. Ouch.

Looks a good prospect, I know you can't go on youtube really but from the clips of him on there looks like he's good at threading the incisive through-ball through to strikers in tight spaces in the penalty box, which is exactly what we've been missing. I hope his arrival and Sigurdsson finding his feet can lead to us being able to unlocking games like stoke at home next season.

In all honesty if Holtby turns out to be as good as people say he is then this is a much more sensible signing than Moutinho. All these pipe dreams of Llorente, Damaio, Willian... all very good players. In all honesty we are not structured to be making mega deals like these. Holtby is way more in line with the sort of thinking we should have.

Of course I'll be over the moon if we get a big gun. But we have to be wary. I wanted Moutinho and for £22m I think it was a reasonable fee. I was just looking back at our biggest fees we've paid.

Bentley 17m
Bent 16m
Modric 16m
Pav 15m
Defoe 15m

Some of those players. Ouch.

Bentley - disaster
Bent - scored a few goals, sold for the same price we paid
Modric - great player, sold for double or thereabouts
Pav - wasn't great but definitely not as bad as some made him out to be. Scored a few important goals. Sold for £8m
Defoe - overpaid a bit but he's done his job for the most part, could probably still get £10m for him if we wanted to

I do think £22m for Moutinho is too much though, I'd rather it went on Wilian or a striker.

Don't forget Robbie Keane, although the £12m we paid pool still is part of a net mugging.
Boy have THEY wasted some serious cash...

So, Attacking Midfielder, joining us in July eh?....

Tenner says Chelsea still find a way to steal him on June 30th!....

So if you assume we're going to play 4-3-3 from next season, we probably need 6 midfielders, or perhaps 5 plus 1 or 2 kids.

You would imagine that Sandro, Parker, Dembele, Holtby and Sigurdsson are nailed on to be 5 of those CMs and perhaps Carroll might be the 6th.

Hard to see a future for Thudd, Jenas and Livermore. We dont need a 3rd DM so definitely no need to JL (dont rate him either), whilst Jenas is obviously brick and Thudd, well, I like him but he's not really a typical AVB midfielder and given he's been here for 7.5 years, you would have hoped he would have developed more

Re: Lewis Holtby

Who olderyid
Date Jan 3rd
Site COYS
Update from olderyid on COYS on his Holtby encounter:

UPDATE :

have arrived now in Romania. so here we go this is exactly what happened.

On the flight to Munich- and read the German papers Bild etc- looking for news about Holtby (front page story btw was Sylvie and Rafa splitting up)- read that he Holtby, had turned down Schalke's offer to double his wages and he would definitely not renew his contract. I was sitting in row 18 in the middle of the plane, and the steward says you can exit through the back door, so I turned around and to my astonishment, I saw the entire Schalke team had been sitting right behind me. they were on their way to Qatar btw, training camp etc. So I saw Holtby and thought I'll have a chat with him. Luckily we had to get a bus to the terminal, so i got in the bus went straight up to him, and told him I was a big big Tottenham fan, that I've just got back from the Reading game and that we've heard he might be coming to us. He smiled a bit and obviously didn't want to say anything, but Huntelaar- who was really nice, and friendly as the Dutch often are, just chipped in and said literally-"It's a done deal, all signed and sealed". Holtby looked a bit embarassed, and then said "well there'll be a statement in the next few days". He speaks perfect English btw-'cos his mother's English, without the trace of a any German accent.and then we started to talk about Tottenham and WHL and AVB. The conversation went like this: he told me, he'd been over for the West Ham game, and he was really surprised at how poor West Ham were as they are in the top half of the table. I told him that they are a home team, and don't perform away. I said that WHL is an old fashioned stadium, and he said he thinks that it's great, the atmosphere is unbelievable, and that he loved being there.Then we talked about the team, and it was obvious that he'd seen every game, and how impressed he's been. I said that I'd been a bit sceptical about AVB, because I thought Harry was so great, and he seemed surprised, saying that he's a great young coach. I agreed with him and said I've been won over, and think we're playing some really good football, which he agreed with too, and really thinks we have a lot of very good players. We talked a bit about the PL in general, and about the Chelsea/QPR game, which we both laughed about. Altogether we spoke for around ten minutes.

I couldn't take any pictures 'cos the bus was so crowded, but I take it that people on here know who I am, and will trust me- but all in all. Expect him to arrive now or in the summer. I personally think it will be the summer, but everything today pointed towards him becoming a Spurs player. I got a great buzz from meeting him and Huntelaar- to whom I said. we've been waiting for you too, he laughed an said, you just keep waiting.

Great start to 2013 that's all my fellow COYsers

=D> great work once again from this family

Don't forget Robbie Keane, although the £12m we paid pool still is part of a net mugging.
Boy have THEY wasted some serious cash...

Even this week, I mean Sturridge may prove to be a good signing, but hopefully Holtby (although a completely different player) could prove to be a much more astute 'purchase' once more. I'm happy when we pick up good players on cheap. COYS.

In addition to my previous statement, I would love Willian at this club despite what would be a huge transfer fee. Just don't want it to be to replace Bale. Of all the great players we are linked to, Bale trumps them all.

I doesn't really matter anyway. What difference did him finding out about the Zokora deal one day in advance make, it still turned out to be a brick transfer.

it doesnt matter if the signing turns out to be successful or not. Its just nice when someone appears with genuine info about potential transfers

it doesnt matter if the signing turns out to be successful or not. Its just nice when someone appears with genuine info about potential transfers

Tottenham making successful signings is the only thing important to me.
Couldn't care less that a bit of genuine info finally emerged from the normal itk flimflam.

Back