• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Holtby

I am no longer surprised with the way this club works, complete madness. He might not have officially left but how must he feel now, it'll take some desire for him to want to come back to us in the summer after we've chosen to pretty much discard him.

He will get his chance in the summer when TS is sacked for not getting top 4 and our new guy comes in.

Ooooorrrr….Perhaps Tim/Baldini/Levy have expressed that he is a big part of the future of the club, but at this moment they can't guarantee him the playing time he deserves. Therefore they want him to gain more consistent experience nearby and look forward to having him back in the summer, where all parties will sit down and discuss the next step.

I think people are getting a little ahead of themselves here. We don't know what has been discussed between Holtby and the club. It may well have been made clear that it is best for the next few months to be playing pretty much every game at Fulham which he won't be doing here.

If we aren't going to use him regularly then I think it is a good decision. I like him and I think he has a lot to offer within a squad but I don't think he is a starter 9 times out of 10 for this club currently.

I understand the arguments about him getting regular football at Fulham and all that, but I still think this is a stupid move by the club. Yes, all three of them are different types of players, but 9 times out of 10 I would start Holtby ahead of Sigurdsson or Bentaleb. I can't say exactly what it is, but I see something in him that suggests he is going to be a top top player some day, and because I'd already put him on the same level (at least) as Sigurdsson, I can't see the rationale behind sending him out on loan. To me, Holtby is a proper Spurs-type player, and the club should be nurturing him, not sending him off to play with a bunch of midtable sloggers.

Just my view, and based on this thread clearly not everyone shares it (but that's all part of the fun of being a football fan, right?)

Could be a good move - Holtby gets regular game time, and the chance to prove himself properly in the PL.

He's probably regarded as behind both Sandro, Paulinho, Eriksen, Dembele and Bentaleb in the pecking order ATM, so he'll most likely get more games for Fulham. If he does well, we can recall him for next season.

Could be a good move - Holtby gets regular game time, and the chance to prove himself properly in the PL.

He's probably regarded as behind both Sandro, Paulinho, Eriksen, Dembele and Bentaleb in the pecking order ATM, so he'll most likely get more games for Fulham. If he does well, we can recall him for next season.

Several sources are now suggesting that Fulham have an option to buy. So no, if he does well we've just let go of a potential future star. Bloody stupid behaviour from our club.

He has all the attributes and he showed signs at Schalke. He may run around like a headless chicken alot but he has great work rate and passion and if he can use that in a positive way then sky is the limit. The assists for Defoes goals in the cup shows what he has in his locker and i feel with a run of games next to a holding midfielder or in a midfield 3 he could reach his potential.

Admittedly I didn't see any of him at Schalke. From what I've seen at Spurs he strikes me as a fairly average scuttly ball player who is pretty average at everything and not outstandingly good at anything. He's scored a decent goal and played one good through ball in Europe, they are the only things that have stood out for me so far. His work rate is excellent but sometimes as you've noted that's his downfall.

In fairness though, he hasn't really had that much game time with us, and I'll be following his progress at Fulham to see if I (hopefully) am proven wrong.

Holtby: It Feels Right

New loan signing Lewis Holtby was full of enthusiasm when fulhamfc.com caught up with him on Friday afternoon.

The 23-year-old had earlier put pen to paper as he completed his loan move from Tottenham Hotspur, and he was clearly thrilled to have made the temporary switch across London.

“I’m very happy and I’m looking forward to playing some games,” Holtby said. “I’m happy to play for Fulham and I’ll try my best to help us stay up. I’m bringing a hunger to play football and win games. I want to play week in, week out to try and help the team with my abilities.

“I’ll do what I can to help us beat teams and keep us up and out of the bottom three and ensure that we have a good remainder of the season. I’ve had very good talks with the gaffer and it just felt right – it’s a nice place here. It feels absolutely right and I can’t wait to play.”

Holtby became René Meulensteen’s third signing following the arrivals of Clint Dempsey and William Kvist, while he was joined on Fulham’s books later in the day by Greek striker Konstantinos Mitroglou, and he admitted he was impressed by what our Head Coach had to say.

“He told me about the way he wants to play and the way the Club is ticking and that really got me on board,” he explained. “From the first meeting when we spoke together, I just got the feeling that I should sign here and hopefully I can play some games and show my abilities. I can’t wait to show everyone at Fulham, and all the fans, what I can do.

“I know some of my teammates already; Sascha Riether and Ashkan Dejagah from the Bundesliga, and I know Scotty Parker and Clint Dempsey from my time at Spurs. All of the lads have really made it easy for me to settle in – they’re really good lads and the training session was really good as well on the pitch.”

The Germany international’s desire to swap UEFA Champions League chasing Tottenham for a relegation scrap with the Whites is testament to his character. Playing football matches is the most important thing to Holtby, and when asked if he’s confident his new side could avoid the drop, he stated: “Absolutely, I’m very surprised that this team is so close to the bottom of the table because there’s a lot of quality in the squad.

“And now we’ve got the new guys in as well, William and Mitroglou, so there’s even more quality coming into the team which is good for the squad as it gets us challenging each other for a spot in the team.

“I’m very positive that we can stay up because, like I said, from the first training session it’s clear that there’s so much quality here that I don’t think there’s any way this team could end up in the Championship.”

Several sources are now suggesting that Fulham have an option to buy. So no, if he does well we've just let go of a potential future star. Bloody stupid behaviour from our club.

i wonder what he'd choose to do in the summer if offered a contract by Fulham but also told by THFC that he is a part of the managers plans?

I guess it is good for the lad that he will get game time but I'm not overly happy with the window overall. We've weakened the squad and not attempted to address any of the obvious weaknesses, IMO.

I have a horrible sense of deja vu about this window. I hope we don't look back in a few months and point to our failure to strengthen in the Jan window as the reason why we have fallen short again. **** it. Even Benny coming back would have made me happy.

Anyway hope Holtby does well. He is a nice lad and I'm sure we have not seen close to the best of him.

I guess it is good for the lad that he will get game time but I'm not overly happy with the window overall. We've weakened the squad and not attempted to address any of the obvious weaknesses, IMO.

I have a horrible sense of deja vu about this window. I hope we don't look back in a few months and point to our failure to strengthen in the Jan window as the reason why we have fallen short again. **** it. Even Benny coming back would have made me happy.

Anyway hope Holtby does well. He is a nice lad and I'm sure we have not seen close to the best of him.

100% agree with you.

Reading Sherwood's statement about turning down DL's offer to strengthen the squad absolutely baffles me

Back