• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Holtby

Lewis Holtby is interested in a pre-transfer deadline move to Fulham that could pave the way for Dimitar Berbatov returning to Tottenham until the end of the season.

Fulham are willing to let on-loan Adel Taarabt make a shock permanent switch to AC Milan, which would allow the club to take another domestic loan before this transfer window shuts.

Tottenham midfielder Holtby is high on Fulham's list of midfield targets and the German international has not ruled out the possibility of making a temporary move across London.

It is understood Spurs have been demanding any club that takes Holtby covers his entire £75,000-a-week wages, which has put some suitors off.

But Fulham can free up cash for Holtby's wages and could save themselves paying a loan fee by allowing Berbatov to return to Spurs for the final five months of his contract.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is interested in a cut-price deal to re-sign Berbatov until the end of the season, with Jermain Defoe due to move to Toronto FC next month.

Levy will have to agree to take over Berbatov's £80,000-a-week Fulham wages to take the 32-year-old back to White Hart Lane and it is understood the Bulgarian is interested in the prospect.

Fulham could replace Berbatov with Olympiakos striker Konstantinos Mitroglou, who is valued at more than £12m.

Holtby's former club Shalke have shown an interest in re-signing the 23-year-old, along with Borussia Dortmund, Stoke and Aston Villa.

Other than looking at a deal for Holtby, Fulham are also weighing up a second bid for West Ham's Ravel Morrison.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10604682/Tottenhams-Lewis-Holtby-keen-on-Fulham-switch-that-could-pave-way-for-Dimitar-Berbatov-return.html

Holtby is on £75k a week.

F**k me, I wish I wasn't as fat...and was a lot more skillful...and had a bit of self discipline...and wasn't quite as ugly

Lewis Holtby is interested in a pre-transfer deadline move to Fulham that could pave the way for Dimitar Berbatov returning to Tottenham until the end of the season.

Fulham are willing to let on-loan Adel Taarabt make a shock permanent switch to AC Milan, which would allow the club to take another domestic loan before this transfer window shuts.

Tottenham midfielder Holtby is high on Fulham's list of midfield targets and the German international has not ruled out the possibility of making a temporary move across London.

It is understood Spurs have been demanding any club that takes Holtby covers his entire £75,000-a-week wages, which has put some suitors off.

But Fulham can free up cash for Holtby's wages and could save themselves paying a loan fee by allowing Berbatov to return to Spurs for the final five months of his contract.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is interested in a cut-price deal to re-sign Berbatov until the end of the season, with Jermain Defoe due to move to Toronto FC next month.

Levy will have to agree to take over Berbatov's £80,000-a-week Fulham wages to take the 32-year-old back to White Hart Lane and it is understood the Bulgarian is interested in the prospect.

Fulham could replace Berbatov with Olympiakos striker Konstantinos Mitroglou, who is valued at more than £12m.

Holtby's former club Shalke have shown an interest in re-signing the 23-year-old, along with Borussia Dortmund, Stoke and Aston Villa.

Other than looking at a deal for Holtby, Fulham are also weighing up a second bid for West Ham's Ravel Morrison.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10604682/Tottenhams-Lewis-Holtby-keen-on-Fulham-switch-that-could-pave-way-for-Dimitar-Berbatov-return.html

This is what makes sense to me. I am happy to let Lewis go ON LOAN for the season to get games, but letting a probable interim manager decide to sell a 23 year-old PERMANENTLY is insane. Move him for the rest of the season, see what the new manager thinks of him and decide then. As tasty as BVB sounds, Fulham would be good because he wouldn't have to uproot his life and will get huge Prem match experience. Yes and yes.

I was talking to a QPR supporting mate this afternoon and he says that the word on their message boards is that Fulham hadn't bothered talking to them about the Taarabt to Milan thing and that it has snagged now that they have got involved.

Looked like he was saying goodbye, came over to the fans, waved and gave his shirt. The few of us who stayed till the final whistle cheered and chanted his name.

Seventy-five thousand pounds a week.
That deal is insane.
75k?
Good GHod!

He was in the last six months of his contract at Schalke wasn't he? I assume that it was a mini-Bosman type deal and his salary reflected this. In fact, didn't we agree to sign him when his contract expired and then bring it forward when we reached agreement with Schalke?

Would have Holtby over Capoue. Think it would be hasty to get rid -seen enough to make me think he has potential to step up especially with Bentaleb lacking experience. We are still in the Europa League too so we will have a lot of games come end of next month.

Pochettino: 'It is going to be a tough game against Fulham and they have just signed Holtby from Tottenham.'

Personally I'd like to see what the lad could do when given a run of games in his position. I'm not going to name him as first XI because I don't think he is there yet, but I see a player who can bring something to the team. Certainly would like him to stay until the end of the season so that if we do get a new coach they can make the decision. The last thing we need is for a new manager to come in and find that the exact type of player we need to make their system work has just been sold.

**I'm not part of the anti TS phalanx, but at the moment until we have some clarity on the situation, we should not be getting rid of players who haven't even been with us that long. Holtby barely featured last year and has been in and out under AVB in this season. TS doesn't rate him, but if we are realistic it might not be his decision in 6 months time.

If we can loan him to Fulham, I would be happy with that. He need regulary playing time, and will surely get that at Fulham. It will do him good, and he will come back a different player. He's got potensial, loads of it. But when you play a game or two a month, you wont get into the pace needed. Wouldnt mind Fulham staying up, sending West Ham down would be brilliant.

Back