• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Holtby

Gutterboy...
Thats an incredible statement, even coming from you. I like Holtby but I'm not convinced he has that extra bit of class that say Erickson has, and if any one has shown flashes of brilliance its Erickson.
Im supportive of holtby but he simply hasn't done enough for anyone to make such a statement about him.

Sorry, I know it's youtube, but remember all these assists (mainly for Defoe): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl8-FqHXOzQ

The looping one against Villa isn't even in there either.

He was given a chance against West Brom and was nothing short of diabolical. Unlike the previous manager, who played players even after a string of bad games, Sherwood didn't like what he saw and slam dunked him to the bench/stands. No messing about, straight dropped.

And yet Soldado has got away with a lot more dross this season, although he does take a mean penalty

Which is one of the key component to being a good number 10. What good is an attacking midfielder if he's wondering around in the DM position. He can be as skilful, as creative as he wants but if he's never in the right position, he becomes a hinderance as he isolates the striker.

VDV did the same, was he a hinderance as well?

To be fair to the lad nothing has panned out for him here. His first start saw him playing in the #10 role against West Brom and looking quite assured, he got subbed, Bale got moved to the middle and we never looked back. He missed pre-season through injury and looked as poor as anyone else in our team. I'm not convinced by him yet but I can see that he has great vision and the ability to pull off some great passes, the problem is trying to find a place for him in the same team as Eriksen and for me that does mean a 433.

People can argue about it but apart from Lennon and maybe Townsend, every player we have is suited primarily to a 433 (count the number of midfielders). We can get away with a 442, but really it wouldn't be using our squad properly.

VDV did the same, was he a hinderance as well?

It's not even a comparison when you're comparing the amount of times VDV floats with the time Holtby does.....and VDV floats to attacking positions, hence his great goal return. Holtby isolates the front man 95% of the time.

The flat midfield 3 is the key thing for me.

I still think it was only Rose's injury that prevented AVB from going to 4-3-3, and ultimately cost him his job. 4-3-3 is what our whole squad is set-up to play.

We can all come up with fantasy formations that would have made players world beaters. Based on actual games, Holtby has looked pretty average for us in every position he has been tried in. He has lots of effort but little discipline or intelligence.

He could turn into a world beater but I doubt that he will get enough games for us to become that but that has little to do with the change in manager, he was a fringe player under AVB too.

The comparison to VDV is apt. In fact the Schalke Holtby reminded me so much of VDV that I was delighted to see him arrive, although I did make this comparison after only watching a handful of games after we were linked. The Spurs version of Holtby still has all those qualities but they have been diluted, and I think it is strangely caused by Holtby's desire to win the ball back. VDV roamed too but it was primarily when we were in possession. Holtby does this also but out of possession he drifts into areas he shouldn't in an attempt to win the ball back . This is admirable to be sure but ruins our shape.

There is nothing here that cannot be cured with some good coaching but maybe it's already too late. I hope that he stays around but if rumours are to be believed then maybe he doesn't want to.

Problem you have gutter boy is your massive hate for sherwood it's pathetic everything he does you criticise, if he signed Ronaldo this January you would find a reason to moan at sherwood get behind him and the team for Ffs

Dortmund now trying to sign him:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ites-sign-Tottenham-outcast-Lewis-Holtby.html

Klopp rates him but Timmeh doesn't. Says it all really.

Or Klopp fancies him as a squad player whereas we already have a number of midfield 'squaddies'. Or perhaps Klopp thinks he is much more suited to German football than English.... Or perhaps Dortmund don't want him at all and the Daily Mail are filling column inches?

So far 16 points out of 6 league games is what says it all for "Timmeh". Achieved with a rather nasty injury list as well. Fantastic work from Tim so far.

FFs GB please just shut up from time to time. We get it, you don't rate 'Timmeh' rbut you don't have to be relentless. He didn't sleep with your other half, kill someone close to you etc etc...you're acting like some infatuated pre teen.

Nail on head.

FFs GB please just shut up from time to time. We get it, you don't rate 'Timmeh' but you don't have to be relentless. He didn't sleep with your other half, kill someone close to you etc etc...you're acting like some infatuated pre teen.

Dismantling our fantastic squad is a pretty damaging thing though, especially with the future of the permanent role still very much in the air.

I don't give a **** if we finish 7th, but I really care about vandalising the foundations of what we've been building.

Dismantling our fantastic squad is a pretty damaging thing though, especially with the future of the permanent role still very much in the air.

I don't give a **** if we finish 7th, but I really care about vandalising the foundations of what we've been building.
i dont think your man AVB particularly rated Holtby anyway

Back