• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Holtby

Dismantling our fantastic squad is a pretty damaging thing though, especially with the future of the permanent role still very much in the air.

I don't give a **** if we finish 7th, but I really care about vandalising the foundations of what we've been building.

Ah come on GB. We have an overabundance of players in Holtby's position. I like the lad but I wouldn't have him in or near my starting 11.

What we built in the summer was a lopsided squad and that needs to be addressed.

FFs GB please just shut up from time to time. We get it, you don't rate 'Timmeh' but you don't have to be relentless. He didn't sleep with your other half, kill someone close to you etc etc...you're acting like some infatuated pre teen.

Seeming as you couldn't extend that courtesy to the last manager, I do not think that you are in the strongest position to expect others to do that to this.

Seeming as you couldn't extend that courtesy to the last manager, I do not think that you are in the strongest position to expect others to do that to this.

the majority, including KD iirc, were well in favour of AVBs appointment and backed him thoroughly until the start of this season at least. This is very different to GB and his total dislike of Sherwood before Sherwood even took the job.

the majority, including KD iirc, were well in favour of AVBs appointment and backed him thoroughly until the start of this season at least. This is very different to GB and his total dislike of Sherwood before Sherwood even took the job.

Thanks for clarifying mate. It's a shame Milo can't tell the difference between someone

A) Admitting they would have preferred another manager when AVB was appointed BUT...stating that they would be happy with 6th place finish if we produced good football..AND ...stating AVB needed 5 or so more games to implement his style when things were going tits up at the start of last season .

B) Mocking a manager at every opportunity, twisting anything and everything to paint a manager in a bad light, stating he wants opposition teams to beat us.

Sadly Milo doesn't see the big difference, it's a shame.

BILD reports that Dortmund have pulled out of a deal for Holtby

They wanted a loan for the rest of the season - Spurs wanted a sale

Thanks for clarifying mate. It's a shame Milo can't tell the difference between someone

A) Admitting they would have preferred another manager when AVB was appointed BUT...stating that they would be happy with 6th place finish if we produced good football..AND ...stating AVB needed 5 or so more games to implement his style when things were going tits up at the start of last season .

B) Mocking a manager at every opportunity, twisting anything and everything to paint a manager in a bad light, stating he wants opposition teams to beat us.

Sadly Milo doesn't see the big difference, it's a shame.

Apparently I need to give out reputation points to more people before I do it to you again, but, this post gets my vote.

Dismantling our fantastic squad is a pretty damaging thing though, especially with the future of the permanent role still very much in the air.

I don't give a **** if we finish 7th, but I really care about vandalising the foundations of what we've been building.

Lewis Holtby was a player thrust upon AVB by committee. That's something you should both know and acknowledge. In fact, had AVB been able to sign who he really wanted (as we all know, Moutinho at that time, Willian during this past summer) then I'll wager that Holtby might not have been bought or might well be getting sold right now anyway.

I absolutely, 100% understand why we would not necessarily keep him when we have Eriksen, Sigurdsson, Dembele, Sandro, Paulinho, Lennon, Townsend and Bentaleb all in there. In fact, I'd say the only reason Carroll wasn't recalled is because Sherwood has not been able to make the room. And frankly? I'd rather Carroll than Lewis.

Love Holtby's attitude and all that, but he has not shown me enough. In fact, far from being a VdV wannabe, he struck me as the modern Steffen Freund with a better shot.

I think you would have to admit that selling Lewis Holtby in this window could not, by ANY description, be called 'vandalising the foundations of what we've been building'…tell you what, you can even throw the potential sale of Capoue in there and it wouldn't make that statement any closer to the truth. Paulinho, Soldado? If those two were sold, then I'd see your gripe, but seriously my friend, selling Lewis Holtby will not make a difference to us (IMO)...

Lewis Holtby was a player thrust upon AVB by committee. That's something you should both know and acknowledge. In fact, had AVB been able to sign who he really wanted (as we all know, Moutinho at that time, Willian during this past summer) then I'll wager that Holtby might not have been bought or might well be getting sold right now anyway.

I absolutely, 100% understand why we would not necessarily keep him when we have Eriksen, Sigurdsson, Dembele, Sandro, Paulinho, Lennon, Townsend and Bentaleb all in there. In fact, I'd say the only reason Carroll wasn't recalled is because Sherwood has not been able to make the room. And frankly? I'd rather Carroll than Lewis.

Love Holtby's attitude and all that, but he has not shown me enough. In fact, far from being a VdV wannabe, he struck me as the modern Steffen Freund with a better shot.

I think you would have to admit that selling Lewis Holtby in this window could not, by ANY description, be called 'vandalising the foundations of what we've been building'…tell you what, you can even throw the potential sale of Capoue in there and it wouldn't make that statement any closer to the truth. Paulinho, Soldado? If those two were sold, then I'd see your gripe, but seriously my friend, selling Lewis Holtby will not make a difference to us (IMO)...

Have to disagree a little, think Holtby is our Eriksen light .. the closest replacement imo if Eriksen is hurt/suspended/fatigued

Have to disagree a little, think Holtby is our Eriksen light .. the closest replacement imo if Eriksen is hurt/suspended/fatigued

We will (for this rare occasion) have to agree to disagree. I simply don't think he's consistently good enough for that role. Now watch him stay and, errr, become 'the man' in April!!!

BILD reports that Dortmund have pulled out of a deal for Holtby

They wanted a loan for the rest of the season - Spurs wanted a sale

ffs his value could have doubled with a succesful loan spell at Dortmund,
don't be so desperate to get rid Spurs decisionmakers

Jan Aage Fjortoft
@JanAageFjortoft
“@CMetzelder : @LewisHoltby ist in Düsseldorf gelandet und nimmt die A40...unklar ist nur noch die Abfahrt! #BVB #s04 ”

Holtby in Germany!!!

Think they're quite different players. Holtby is best used deeper (ie CM) or not at all. Unfortunately for him, we ahve plenty of CMs who are ahead of him in the pecking order

Jan Aage Fjortoft
@JanAageFjortoft
“@CMetzelder : @LewisHoltby ist in Düsseldorf gelandet und nimmt die A40...unklar ist nur noch die Abfahrt! #BVB #s04 ”

Holtby in Germany!!!

German international footballer spotted in Germany. Shock horror!!

Add in the fact that he comes from a small town 30 minutes drive from Dusseldorf it really is a non story.

Last edited:
German international footballer spotted in Germany. Shock horror!!

Add in the fact that he comes from a small town 30 minutes drive from Dusseldorf it really is a non story.

Schalke, Dortmund, Düsseldorf, Bochum, Essen, Leverkusen, Mönchengladbach, Duisburg, Cologne. All within an hours drive from each other.

Lewis Holtby is interested in a pre-transfer deadline move to Fulham that could pave the way for Dimitar Berbatov returning to Tottenham until the end of the season.

Fulham are willing to let on-loan Adel Taarabt make a shock permanent switch to AC Milan, which would allow the club to take another domestic loan before this transfer window shuts.

Tottenham midfielder Holtby is high on Fulham's list of midfield targets and the German international has not ruled out the possibility of making a temporary move across London.

It is understood Spurs have been demanding any club that takes Holtby covers his entire £75,000-a-week wages, which has put some suitors off.

But Fulham can free up cash for Holtby's wages and could save themselves paying a loan fee by allowing Berbatov to return to Spurs for the final five months of his contract.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is interested in a cut-price deal to re-sign Berbatov until the end of the season, with Jermain Defoe due to move to Toronto FC next month.

Levy will have to agree to take over Berbatov's £80,000-a-week Fulham wages to take the 32-year-old back to White Hart Lane and it is understood the Bulgarian is interested in the prospect.

Fulham could replace Berbatov with Olympiakos striker Konstantinos Mitroglou, who is valued at more than £12m.

Holtby's former club Shalke have shown an interest in re-signing the 23-year-old, along with Borussia Dortmund, Stoke and Aston Villa.

Other than looking at a deal for Holtby, Fulham are also weighing up a second bid for West Ham's Ravel Morrison.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10604682/Tottenhams-Lewis-Holtby-keen-on-Fulham-switch-that-could-pave-way-for-Dimitar-Berbatov-return.html

Back