• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna43616

So Jamie Foxx’s new film and directorial debut has been shelved because distributors won’t touch it because Robert Downey Jr plays a Mexican. Why not just release the film and let the audience decide if they want to watch it? How condescending is it to ban stuff because they’re worried it will offend people?

Weird huh, It was made a few years ago now wasn't it? The media stir will just make more people watch it once its finally available somewhere.

Weird huh, It was made a few years ago now wasn't it? The media stir will just make more people watch it once its finally available somewhere.

Yeah hopefully. I don’t think that audiences are too sensitive, but the studios/distributors are worried someone will find something offensive hence why decisions like this are made along with Dave Chappelle’s gig in Minneapolis being cancelled by the venue recently I assume because they were worried people would take offence? I mean a sold out venue is usually pretty good indication that people want to see you isn’t it?

Watched Repo Men last night. Could've been a good film if it wasn't for the poor screenplay and Jude Law. However, the acting at the end when they take parts from each others' bodies was unintentionally fudging hilarious.

The Invitation getting panned by the critics. I’ll be RSVP’ing no to that.

Watched Prey on Disney + and really liked it.

Also watched Nope. Better than Us, not quite as good as Get Out which I loved.

Recently watched elvis and the new Thor film

elvis…l bloody outstanding. Austin Butler nails every image I’ve seen of Presley and his singing is exceptional

Thor is fun, but a little too jokey

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna43616

So Jamie Foxx’s new film and directorial debut has been shelved because distributors won’t touch it because Robert Downey Jr plays a Mexican. Why not just release the film and let the audience decide if they want to watch it? How condescending is it to ban stuff because they’re worried it will offend people?
Tropic Thunder wouldn't get made today, would it?

I watched Justified several years ago and really enjoyed it, my old lady would not watch it first time round but she is now and loving it. ( whoops wrong thread).

Last edited:
Watched Nope and again the hype is undeserved. As with Peele's previous efforts, there isn't enough material to fill a 90 minute movie. Clocking in at 130 minutes this one is excruciatingly slow and boring. Up there with Nolan as one of the most overrated movie makers around. An interesting idea or concept does not make a movie. People like to diss Shyamalan's Signs, but that's a masterpiece compared to this.

Prey... If you liked the old predator movies this is a polished up, classier version. Very much more scenic than the old ones, makes it an easy watch. One of the better quality action movies at the moment.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Fapatalk

I'm glad you and a few others (I think the critic Wendy Ide) have said about this. It didn't seem to get a cinematic release or much promo, which seems a shame, especially when there is this big Covid-related gap of new films at the moment.

Prey... If you liked the old predator movies this is a polished up, classier version. Very much more scenic than the old ones, makes it an easy watch. One of the better quality action movies at the moment.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Fapatalk
I’ve not seen Prey yet, but Predator is an all time, cult, classic, I’d be stunned if it’s any sort of improvement on it.

Watched Nope and again the hype is undeserved. As with Peele's previous efforts, there isn't enough material to fill a 90 minute movie. Clocking in at 130 minutes this one is excruciatingly slow and boring. Up there with Nolan as one of the most overrated movie makers around. An interesting idea or concept does not make a movie. People like to diss Shyamalan's Signs, but that's a masterpiece compared to this.

Interesting, not seen it yet but this might sway it for me to wait a little longer to catch it.

Agree with Nolan, how many films can you make in the exact same style and filter for me. Dunkirk I liked, Interstellar was like a 15 minute pink Floyd song, just showy for shows sake

Watching Alien 3 for years and it really is crap and decent in equal measures. Some really decent performances from a host of English actors but terrible story and the special FX are abysmal

Back