• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

My Old man recommended - Get out with Daniel Kaluuya, said it was very good

Anyone seen it?

Yes it's great, one of the best films of the last decade(?)

I enjoyed Us, Jordan Peele's follow up movie but it got a more mixed reception.

His new movie Nope is out now and I'll be making sure to catch that soon

Yes it's great, one of the best films of the last decade(?)

I enjoyed Us, Jordan Peele's follow up movie but it got a more mixed reception.

His new movie Nope is out now and I'll be making sure to catch that soon

Ahhh see I have seen Us and did not know it was linked by film maker but I did think when watching that it was a very similar vibe

In other news i have just signed up to a Mubi subscription so if anyone has it and can throw some recommendations my way I'm all ears.

So far i have watched

Worst Person in the World, dir Joachim Trier, NOR - which was great, drama based around a young womans journey through her uni years in to adulthood, focusing on career and love life choices, which then led me to watch an earlier film of his called Oslo, 31, August - which was also pretty good and was essentially a day (and night) in the life of a drug rehab patient out on 'release' for a job interview and fight the urges to slip back in to old ways.

In other news i have just signed up to a Mubi subscription so if anyone has it and can throw some recommendations my way I'm all ears.

So far i have watched

Worst Person in the World, dir Joachim Trier, NOR - which was great, drama based around a young womans journey through her uni years in to adulthood, focusing on career and love life choices, which then led me to watch an earlier film of his called Oslo, 31, August - which was also pretty good and was essentially a day (and night) in the life of a drug rehab patient out on 'release' for a job interview and fight the urges to slip back in to old ways.
Dogtooth
Paterson
Funny games

Anyone seen Prey yet?
Apparently it's a very good Predator film that's just available through Disney+.

It's a really mediocre Predator film. It looks great, but again it's the writing that let's it down. It was boring and I didn't care for any of the characters. It was a real chore to finish even if it wasn't that long. I just wanted the predator to kill everyone so it would end.

It's a really mediocre Predator film. It looks great, but again it's the writing that let's it down. It was boring and I didn't care for any of the characters. It was a real chore to finish even if it wasn't that long. I just wanted the predator to kill everyone so it would end.
That is sad to hear.
I liked the sound of the premise but will probably give it a miss now. Thanks for the steer

That is sad to hear.
I liked the sound of the premise but will probably give it a miss now. Thanks for the steer

We might not have the same taste, so might be worth a watch anyway. I just think the vast majority of new movies suck because they're rehashing something that's already been done better and there's so much lazy writing. Netflix is the worst as they just shoot the first draft of every script they have.

I notice the reviews on IMDB are all over the place for Prey. Some love it, some hate it and quite a few think it's average, but for lots of different reasons.

So far i have watched

Loved Worst Person in the World, my film of the year so far.
Drive My Car is well worth a watch. It’s quite long but superbly acted, with a great soundtrack and a lovely Saab.
Mubi is tricky. There’s a lot of great stuff on there but also a lot of unwatchable brick.

Back