• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

I feel like I'm starting to scrape the barrel a bit with prime so I watched John Wick. What concerned me greatly was firstly that the film didn't appear to realise it was an absolute parody and secondly, how it managed to make Willam Dafoe look like a severely mediocre actor. I can only imagine what @nayenezgani would think of people who enjoyed it :eek:

I feel like I'm starting to scrape the barrel a bit with prime so I watched John Wick. What concerned me greatly was firstly that the film didn't appear to realise it was an absolute parody and secondly, how it managed to make Willam Dafoe look like a severely mediocre actor. I can only imagine what @nayenezgani would think of people who enjoyed it :eek:

Wait until until you get to John Wick 3. Can't hold a candle to 1 & 2.

John Wick is quality. It knows what it is and doesn't try to be anything else.

John Wick is quality. It knows what it is and doesn't try to be anything else.

Well I'll be damned! I'm like 98 percent sure we're talking about the same film, Keanu Reeves displays an incredible range of emotions (one) and there's a brick load of henchman who had clearly just graduated from endless capers in Henchman Academy? Oh there's a dog as well (no wait there's two OMG!!!!!!!).

I feel like I've met my hero and been thoroughly disappointed, you can't rail on people for liking cliched Guy Ritchie dirge and then call John Wick quality. That's like tutting at people enjoying Sauvignon Blanc at a restaurant and then ordering strawberry milk.

Anyone seen Platform on Netflix? One glorious moment.

I don’t have Netflix at the moment. I had to drop one of the streaming services unfortunately, so it was that one that took the bullet. I keep receiving emails to join back, but not once have they provided me a special offer to return, in spite of my previously long membership with them...

Whiplash is such a great film. Great performances, great tempo, great music. One of my favourite underrated movies.
Yep.
JK Simmons savage domination of the screen is really something to behold.
Watching the film drew me in and felt so visceral in a way that few other films have. Perhaps somewhat akin to watching Fury Road on the big screen when I felt almost overwhelmed by the sound and atmosphere created.

I don’t have Netflix at the moment. I had to drop one of the streaming services unfortunately, so it was that one that took the bullet. I keep receiving emails to join back, but not once have they provided me a special offer to return, in spite of my previously long membership with them...
And the fact they are still blaming covid for them throttling bandwidth!!!

Portrait of a Lady on Fire - a love story between a young female painter and the lady of standing she is commissioned to paint.

Great stuff

Back