• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

If i had not known better i would have thought that was what i was watching, they were crap as well.

I must admit I have enjoyed, most, of the MI films. Thought Rogue Nation was really good tbh, but I can appreciate they wont be everyones cup of tea

I watched Dave Grohl's film about Sound City, thought it was fairly good. Lots of great bands recorded there in the 70s and 80s and more recently Nirvana, RATM, QOTSA but it lost the battle with software (ProTools) so Dave bought their famous Neve board and installed it in his own studio.

Watched Joy over the weekend

Slow burner, but got there in the end, then again Jennifer Lawrence..whats not to like 8/10

Was at the Royal Albert Hall last night for a screening of Aliens, with a live performance of the score from the Royal Philharmonic Cinematic Orchestra - was fantastic!

Didnt realise the movie had much of a score to do such a show with but apparently it was nominated for an Oscar and the composer was quite well known/respected in the industry.

Sigourney Weaver and James Cameron popped out at the end too, which was cool as there was no mention of that happening at all so was a total surprise for everyone there.

Was at the Royal Albert Hall last night for a screening of Aliens, with a live performance of the score from the Royal Philharmonic Cinematic Orchestra - was fantastic!

Didnt realise the movie had much of a score to do such a show with but apparently it was nominated for an Oscar and the composer was quite well known/respected in the industry.

Sigourney Weaver and James Cameron popped out at the end too, which was cool as there was no mention of that happening at all so was a total surprise for everyone there.

Love Aliens. Cant wait for the next one, when it finally gets the go-ahead

So it wasn't just me that was disappointed by it. I keep seeing reviews about how amazing it is but well, it's not.
Lots of people wrote into kermode and mayo to say how awful dr strange is. It annoys me that they suck up to the guests like cumberbatch and then eventually you find out the film is rubbish

Watched Joy over the weekend

Slow burner, but got there in the end, then again Jennifer Lawrence..whats not to like 8/10
I heard great things but thought it was poor. Could have been a lot more realistic and moving for a true story.

Erin brokovich was a much better film

I heard great things but thought it was poor. Could have been a lot more realistic and moving for a true story.

Erin brokovich was a much better film

I felt it was almost like there had been 2 directors, first half felt a bit weird, but I just felt it picked up in the 2nd half as though somebody else was directing it. Definitely picked up once Lawrence and Cooper got screen time together. Personally we have great chemistry on set. Silver Linings Playbook was quality.
Once again I doubt they are everyone's cup of tea

Back