• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

I Am Legend - Rebooted

There’ve been several unsuccessful attempts to revisit the world introduced by Will Smith’s I AM LEGEND back in 2007. They’ve been through prequel ideas and sequel ideas, but thus far nothing has stuck.

Indomitable, The Powers That Be have evidently found a way to reboot the whole shebang instead. They’ll be retrofitting a pre-existing property and jamming it into the I AM LEGEND scenario; a similar approach was taken with 1995’s DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE (that franchise also cannibalized 58 MINUTES, an unrelated book, for the second film in the series).

The script which got the ball rolling in this case is by Gary Graham (not the guy from ALIEN NATION and STAR TREK).

Warner Bros acquired what was described as a sci-fi version of John Wayne’s The Searchers. When Graham was brought in to rewrite his script, the studio by then had talked to the I Am Legend producers and noted enough similarities to the themes and mythology of that film that they asked the scribe to consider a redraft to fit that property.

…says THIS piece at Deadline.

No word on any other details at this point, except that…

Original I Am Legend producers Akiva Goldsman of Weed Road, Overbrook’s James Lassiter and Safehouse Pictures’ Joby Harold are on board to produce, along with Vertigo’s Roy Lee, and Weaver.

So, what I’m conjecturing here is a mutant-zombiefied version of THE SEARCHERS - which might actually be pretty cool if handled properly?

The BAYWATCH Movie Finds An Almost Perfect Lead!!

Per THR, the endlessly-in-development BAYWATCH movie now looks to be picking up steam with the casting of Dwayne Johnson.

THR indicates that Paramount has…

…also has hired Justin Malen to rewrite and has attached the hot comedy writing team of Sean Anders and John Morris (We're the Millers) to direct.

Via his Instagram feed, Johnson characterized the endeavor as...

Edgy, raunchy and hopefully, funny as all hell.…and alluded to slow-mo running on the beach. So, we’re off to a fine start.

I cant see what youre talking about - the pic isnt there, but im assuming its Coherence? Man what a mind **** that was - I lost the trail very early on and never regained it. Admittedly I was high but like a revolving ****in door.

thanks to you and Daisuk for the heads up on Coherence , brilliant movie......actually tonight i watched both Coherence and Ted. I dont know which one mind fcuked me the most :lol:

thanks to you and Daisuk for the heads up on Coherence , brilliant movie......actually tonight i watched both Coherence and Ted. I dont know which one mind fcuked me the most :lol:

Ted when high is an absolute head ****, its like reliving those moments you though a dog was really chatting to you.

Ive been watching a fair few 80s movies recently - ****in love em man. Theyre so cheesy but like the classics

The BAYWATCH Movie Finds An Almost Perfect Lead!!

Per THR, the endlessly-in-development BAYWATCH movie now looks to be picking up steam with the casting of Dwayne Johnson.

THR indicates that Paramount has…

…also has hired Justin Malen to rewrite and has attached the hot comedy writing team of Sean Anders and John Morris (We're the Millers) to direct.

Via his Instagram feed, Johnson characterized the endeavor as...

Edgy, raunchy and hopefully, funny as all hell.…and alluded to slow-mo running on the beach. So, we’re off to a fine start.

Erika Eleniak was so stunning when she was first in that show, now she looks like a ****ing train wreck.

Watched grand Budapest hotel tonight really not my sort of thing but it was absolutely brilliant

It is my sort of thing, and I think that's one of Wes Anderson's best films to date. Try Fantastic Mr Fox (especially if you have kids to watch it with) Moonrise Kingdom and Rushmore.

Saw the maze runner last week,a bit of a teen movie,same type as the Hunger Games,daughter loves the books...so theirs going to be a few of them.....quite tense movie,some tidy action scenes,keep you on edge through out the film, worth a visit.

Another voice to the general acclaim for Gone Girl.
Both Rosamund Pike and Ben Affleck are superb in it - Pike more so.
Surprisingly, Tyler Perry is really good too.

Saw Ida last night. Polish film, very well shot, heavy themes and topics but slightly predictable plot. Definitely worth watching though

It is my sort of thing, and I think that's one of Wes Anderson's best films to date. Try Fantastic Mr Fox (especially if you have kids to watch it with) Moonrise Kingdom and Rushmore.

I liked Moonrise but nowhere near his best for me, that honour goes to Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums. And Grand Budapest. And Life Aquatic. F*ck it, they're all good :)

I liked Moonrise but nowhere near his best for me, that honour goes to Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums. And Grand Budapest. And Life Aquatic. F*ck it, they're all good :)

I guess I don't really get the Wes Anderson thing. I liked the Royal Tennenbaums (and Fantastic Mr Fox was pretty good), but have hated pretty much every other movie he's made. Life Aquatic, visually nice (as are all his movies), but I guess I just don't get the content/story, incredibly boring. Rushmore was like watching the grass grow, and Moonrise Kingdom more like watching paint dry. I just don't get it.
icon_dispair.gif

Back