• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Down in Bridgend tonight ready for the game tomorrow, popped into the Odeon next door and watched Identity Thief.

8/10 some good laughs throughout, worth a watch.

I'm taking my 9yr old daughter to see Jack The Giant Slayer on Wednesday and I'll quietly admit I'm that I'm secretly looking forward to it. 8-[

Ok will be catching up on movies this week

Watched Silver Lining Playbook - started off depressing but ended up quite enjoyable - 7/10 (Jen Lwarence is cute)

Tonight I have decisions to make

Argo

OR

Dark Knight Rises

Which to watch? DKR doesnt really interested me but wanna watch it anyways but heard brilliant things about Argo

Ok will be catching up on movies this week

Watched Silver Lining Playbook - started off depressing but ended up quite enjoyable - 7/10 (Jen Lwarence is cute)

Tonight I have decisions to make

Argo

OR

Dark Knight Rises

Which to watch? DKR doesnt really interested me but wanna watch it anyways but heard brilliant things about Argo

Argo = Fantastic.
DKR = Overhyped piece of brick, crap-crap-crap, people said it was good simply because of the first two.

Argo = Fantastic.
DKR = Overhyped piece of brick, crap-crap-crap, people said it was good simply because of the first two.

Watched Argo - was very very good - didnt realise it was a political type movie.

Watched This is 40 - a bit brick to be honest but I do like Leslie Mann - she does strike me as a slut but one I would marry grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

DKR - just never interested me but should watch it as I feel like I am missing out. I bet if I watch it ill be of the same opinion as you

Tonight

Skyfall and maybe Taken 2. Skyfall interests me as much as DKR i.e. non existent interest but ill give it a chance.

Just watched the Master. The fact the acting was superb meant it was compelling throughout even if the plot didn't drive it too much itself. The ending was pretty unfulfilling. Pheonix has to be in the top three actors in the world now. You totally forget its him in a role.

Just watched the Master. The fact the acting was superb meant it was compelling throughout even if the plot didn't drive it too much itself. The ending was pretty unfulfilling. Pheonix has to be in the top three actors in the world now. You totally forget its him in a role.

I like Pheonix a lot. He was a **** in Gladiator but he is underrated.

Watched Argo - was very very good - didnt realise it was a political type movie.

Watched This is 40 - a bit brick to be honest but I do like Leslie Mann - she does strike me as a slut but one I would marry grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

DKR - just never interested me but should watch it as I feel like I am missing out. I bet if I watch it ill be of the same opinion as you

Tonight

Skyfall and maybe Taken 2. Skyfall interests me as much as DKR i.e. non existent interest but ill give it a chance.
Don't bother with Taken 2 - it's dreadful. Although his daughter and ex-wife are very hot, would have been better if they would have had a threesome

Are action films generally regressing in quality? The reason I ask is that I find that I'm enjoying them less lately. Either the quality has taken a nosedive or I'm just not as easily impressed by explosions and gunfire as I used to be.

Watched Oz last night. Passed away 2 hours, more of a family film really.

I watched that the other week, was expecting better from Sam Raimi but turned out to be a typical Disney movie and about on par with Tim Burton' Alice In Wonderland film.

Are action films generally regressing in quality? The reason I ask is that I find that I'm enjoying them less lately. Either the quality has taken a nosedive or I'm just not as easily impressed by explosions and gunfire as I used to be.

Yep and I've noticed a lot of them are 12a rated? New Die Hard for example and Taken 2 I believe.

Both original films were 18s and offered a lot better action and violence, 12a means they can get the family money, killing the action.

Dredd is a good example of a great modern action movie

The Raid also. . .

good point about the ratings though - Hollywood, which is where i guess the main action flicks of the 80's and 90's were made are now more concerned with getting as many people in the cinema to watch their movies as possible which means lower ratings and in turn a weaker movie.

Last edited:
Back