• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

I watched that the other week, was expecting better from Sam Raimi but turned out to be a typical Disney movie and about on par with Tim Burton' Alice In Wonderland film.

I know exactly what you mean. I would just rate Alice a touch better though, Depp was class, he was born to play The Mad Hatter

I saw an ad for Oblivion, new Tom Cruise flick. Ok - when did Tom become an action star? It seems like every movie he's in is an action film, and he sucks at them. I'll give you Top Gun and maybe the Mission Impossibles but when I think good Tom Cruise flicks, I think Born on the 4th of July, Rain Man, Minority Report, Jerry Maguire, A Few Good Men. None of them pure action movies like the brick he's been doing recently like War of the Worlds, Reacher, knight & day.

Someone have a word.

Watched Lockout last night...

of dear oh dear oh dear. The bloke who was in Emmerdale and This is England, who told him he could act. What an awful film

of dear oh dear oh dear. The bloke who was in Emmerdale and This is England, who told him he could act. What an awful film

I tried to watch it the other night. I couldn't understand how he was meant to have got the gun, at the start, and so quickly gave up on it.

I had that recorded on sky

I guess I aint gonna watch it.

Im gonna watch Django tonight. Im trying to catch up on movies.

I actually watched that scene, that I mentioned, at least three times but at no point could he have taken the gun. It's assumed that he did but unless the main guy had hidden the gun on the floor, then there's no chance and it would have been obvious! Small point, perhaps, but it annoys me when things like that happen in movies.

I can buy in to all is made up and so anything can happen but the way that the scene was filmed....NO.

I watched Django last night

I enjoyed it - a touch long winded though - but was good. I thought Foxx was very good as was Di Caprio but Waltz is just exceptional. I love the guy and enjoy his movies.

Watched Cloud atlas on Monday night with my new HD projector, i loved it!!! misses just looked confused.

Re-visited American Psycho last night, Bale's performance is brilliant! And I forgot about the the head in the freezer when he gets the ice cream out.

HEY PAUL, AAARRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

l.jpg

There's a remake in the works apparently, according to Ellis on twitter it will be more based on the book... which is pretty hard to imagine considering the Bale movie is as close as you can get without descending into snuff film territory.

That was rumoured about 2 years ago but still nothing. A bit like ET 2

Well I hope we don't see either of those!

Seems it was given a green light but with a tiny budget, so will probably never see the light of day, I seem remember it had Ellis all excited on Twitter a while back.

I doubt it could live up to the original, I seem to remember it was also supposed to be set now rather than the 80's. They re-wrote the book, basically...

No matter how many times I explain the film to my wife she still glazes over and thinks it was all in his head.

It was, wasn't it

Certainly how i took the book - violent fantasies to escape the mundane souless life of an 80s Yuppie.

Last edited:
Back