• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Went and see Pitch Perfect with my daughter..........some nice songs and and a bit funnier than Glee.

Some cute fanny in it but its a flick chic end of the day ,you'll get some browny points if you take your other half.......female or male.

Went and see Pitch Perfect with my daughter..........some nice songs and and a bit funnier than Glee.

Some cute fanny in it but its a flick chic end of the day ,you'll get some browny points if you take your other half.......female or male.

I thought it was pretty funny, And Anna Kendrick is looooovely, toothy but lovely.

Oscar nominations:

Best Picture

Lincoln
Silver Linings Playbook
Argo
Amour
Django Unchained
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Life of Pi
Zero Dark Thirty
Les Miserables

Best Director

David O. Russell - Silver Linings Playbook
Ang Lee - Life of Pi
Steven Speilberg - Lincoln
Michael Haneke - Amour
Behn Zeitlin - Beasts of the Southern Wild

Affleck snubbed for best director? I hoped Affleck would get a director nod, but at least Argo got one for best film. Beasts Of The Southern Wild nominated for Film, Director and Actress is really unexpected but so awesome! Only thing's that annoyed me was Holy Motors and The Imposter getting completely snubbed for foreign film and documentary. Not sure about Amour being nominated for both best film and best foreign film either, seems a little unfair.

Finally got round to watching The Hobbit up cinema in 3D last night, impressed with how Weta had upped the bar with the CGI since re-watching the LotR trilogy on TV over Christmas but otherwise didn't think that the film quite was up to the same exceptionally high standard as the LotR films. Still gets a solid 7/10 from me though.

Did anyone here get to see the 48fps version? As have heard mixed things about what difference the double frame rate makes, would've liked to have seen for myself if a local multiplex had that version and was surprised to see that even the Waterloo IMAX didn't show it in 48fps.

http://www.48fpsmovies.com/2012/11/26/odeon-uk-confirms-hfr-3d-theater-locations/

It might be a bit repetitive at this point but Django is definitely the one to see.

Watched Cloud Atlas and Argo last night, enjoyed both. Cloud Atlas is long but I didn't want it to end and Argo is great. A real edge of the seat ending too. Both recommended.

Back