• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

In the suuuuummer time shoreditch has an on the roof open top cinema showing various movies Theyre not cinema movies but old skool movies like back to the future etc - really cool.

Another cinema in london which I wanna go to is the electric cinema - it has fudgein beds in the front row and theyre cheaper than actual seats - which are like armchairs by the way

That rooftop cinema in Shoreditch looks cool. Electric is somewhere I've tried to get to in the past but never quite got around to it. Whilst it doesn't have beds The Rex does have 4 seater ****tail tables downstairs which only cost £10 per seat and the (reasonably priced) bar is open throughout the film which comes in handy if the movie is not as good as expected.

Aside from the Waterloo IMAX and Leicester Square Odeon the only other notable cinema in London I've been to is Soho | Curzon Cinemas which happened to be the nearest one showing A Scanner Darkly at the time, nice place.

A shame that there aren't more indie cinemas about (they are few and far between out here in the Home Counties) as they are invariably are much nicer places to watch a movie than the multiplexes and quite often cheaper too.

That rooftop cinema in Shoreditch looks cool. Electric is somewhere I've tried to get to in the past but never quite got around to it. Whilst it doesn't have beds The Rex does have 4 seater ****tail tables downstairs which only cost £10 per seat and the (reasonably priced) bar is open throughout the film which comes in handy if the movie is not as good as expected.

Aside from the Waterloo IMAX and Leicester Square Odeon the only other notable cinema in London I've been to is Soho | Curzon Cinemas which happened to be the nearest one showing A Scanner Darkly at the time, nice place.

A shame that there aren't more indie cinemas about (they are few and far between out here in the Home Counties) as they are invariably are much nicer places to watch a movie than the multiplexes and quite often cheaper too.

There are a few indie cinemas but they dont tend to show the 'new' movie releases that you would pay to see. Everyman cinemas are also pretty cool. Coronet in Notting Hill too although to be honest I would rather go to a modern cinema than that one specifically

Abduction. Didn't think it was possible, but this movie both sucks and blows.

Taylor Lautner has to be the worst actor going round. I haven't seen any of the twilight but if it's 90 minutes of him looking brooding, I'll pass.

Has anyone on here seen Red Cliff?

Got it for Christmas and was admittedly a bit worried by the DVD case/blurb but it's fudging amazing. I've just finished the first part, which was almost 2 and a half hours long and the 2nd is around the same length.

I use to play Dynasty Warriors loads as a teenager, it's kind of a film version of that really. Got Cao Cao, Guan Yu, Zhuge Liang, Lui Bei and folks like that in it.

Massive battles, all very epic and not too serious either. Makes me want to buy an xbox/ps3 and get the latest Dynasty Warriors really badly though...

For me, Life of Pi is inside my top 5 films of all time. Incredible film. Suraj Sharma should win the Oscar for best actor.

Big praise, I know, but worthy of it in my mind.

Saw Life of Pi last night.

Not sure what to think, I didn't dislike it or love it. The visuals were fantastic, I actually enjoyed the 3D.

Need to see it again.

Watched Drive last night. Am I right in saying this movie got a lot of hype when it came out and subsequently when it was released on DVD/blu ray? It was a good film, but not great.

No it is NOT another Avatar, it is so much better. The characters are well created, the storyline is good with pinches of humour in there.

Calling Life of Pi similar to Avatar is like saying a painting by Leonardo Da Vinci is similar to a painting by Rolf Harris, just because its a painting and thus doesn't do justice to the character and thought behind the piece of art which, in my mind, act as a separating factor.

I haven't seen Life of Pi yet, seeing it tonight actually. I was just going by superspurs description of the film. Avatar was great to look at, but I didn't care about any character.

Back