• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

Good servant to the club, will feel a bit disgusted if that Europa league match isn't sold out. Deserves a good send off.

Twitter / SpursStatMan: Jermain Defoe has now scored as many Premier League goals (1) in 2014 as he managed in the whole of 2013.

[tweet]422043304469860352[/tweet]

Jermain Defoe is also the 5th highest scorer in the ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE CLUB. And our highest scorer in Europe. Sure, he isn't the perfect player (offside too much/flat-track bully blah blah blah) but he definitely made a contribution. And given where we have been as a club he is in the range of strikers we could get.

Jermain Defoe is also the 5th highest scorer in the ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE CLUB. And our highest scorer in Europe. Sure, he isn't the perfect player (offside too much/flat-track bully blah blah blah) but he definitely made a contribution. And given where we have been as a club he is in the range of strikers we could get.

Defoe's undoubtedly proved his worth over the years and that streak of 14 goals in 18 games at the start of 09/10 helped us get into the Champions League but the fact that he holds those all-time Spurs scoring records is a sad indictment of the club's inability to hold onto our best players in recent decades; as there's little doubt that had Sheringham, Berbatov or Bale played for 11 seasons at Spurs those scoring records would not be Jermain's.

Like you say though, he's as good a striker as we could afford to get at the time plus keep a hold of for the best part of a career. Defoe deserves a good send off and certainly can't blame him for wanting to move to a club where he'll get to be the star player and hang around with one of his favourite musicians whilst getting a huge pay rise to boot.

Last home game for the club in the league.. important fourth place battle against Everton... Defoe scores winner. Would be perfect.

Last home game for the club in the league.. important fourth place battle against Everton... Defoe scores winner. Would be perfect.

Anyone scoring the winner will be perfect.

Don't get me wrong, it'll be nice for Defoe if he wins it for us, but it just seems strange having someone who we've sold still being considered a better option then what we will have after he goes. Odd situation

BdzyiohIAAAbZqk.jpg

Even I have lost it with Defoe sometimes, especially during games were he's ineffective and constantly raising his arms to his team mates when they don't pass to him. Regardless as to how frustrating his body language can be and especially his inconsistency the man is absolute legend, 5 goals against Wigan, THAT goal agains Ar5ena1, all time top club goal scorer in Europe, I really could go on but we all know that there is 143 reasons why we love him and wish him all the best. He loves us and we love him.

Please reach 150 before you go [-o<

Even I have lost it with Defoe sometimes, especially during games were he's ineffective and constantly raising his arms to his team mates when they don't pass to him. Regardless as to how frustrating his body language can be and especially his inconsistency the man is absolute legend, 5 goals against Wigan, THAT goal agains Ar5ena1, all time top club goal scorer in Europe, I really could go on but we all know that there is 143 reasons why we love him and wish him all the best. He loves us and we love him.

Please reach 150 before you go [-o<

Sorry, which one? Do you mean in the the 5-4 loss in one of Jol's earliest (if not earliest) games??

Th pic saddens me but what a lucky git for moving to Toronto - its such a great place. Lucky ****.

All the people saying that they don't understand why he would leave in a world cup year when he was always in the squad just cannot understand his situation. Cappello never played him and neither does Roy. He is always in the squad but never gets any minutes at all. Even in friendlies.

He has lived in London his whole life and this will probably be his last chance to try something different. A different country and surroundings and life style.

He never played regularly under AVB and it seems took does not see him as a first team player either. In pretty sure they are going to pay him more for this move as well.

Yesterday's game was a perfect example of why he polarises opinion. Instant impact, scores but also shows his lack of awareness of players around him. No matter what you think of him he scores goals and always give his all. I think we are selling him way to cheap. We have an off form Soldado and an Adebayor that is likely to slack of at any minute. With Tim going 4-4-2 I'm so surprised we are letting him go. I can only imagine that after his service and his contract being low Levy is cashing in why he can. Which annoys me.

I wish him luck. Hope he still gets to go to Brazil and will always regard him as a proper spurs legend. Our 5th highest ever scorer and the player to have scored the most of the bench in the premier league era.

Back