• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

Tweet to Danny Rose:

Benoit Assou-Ekotto ‏ @AssouEkotto
@Danny25Rose some time it happen man... I done it b4 so y not u LOL.

Today's game and all the games since his injury proved what I've been saying for months, we need better backup for Ekotto. Rose is terrible and he's finally made a mistake that cost us.

Have to agree, i could never understand how so many raved about his performance at Liverpool last year, he will never be a Prem LB.

we raved because he was brilliant and he was immense at the City of Manchester Stadium too.

we raved because he was brilliant and he was immense at the City of Manchester Stadium too.

Disagree, i was at both games and on several occasions he had to make last gasp tackles to get out of his bad positioning. I am not having a go at him personally because its Redknapp who is playing him out of position.

Disagree, i was at both games and on several occasions he had to make last gasp tackles to get out of his bad positioning. I am not having a go at him personally because its Redknapp who is playing him out of position.

Redknapp has stated he see's Rose as a left back as he isn't a winger

Redknapp has stated he See's Rose as a left back as he isn't a winger

I know that, that is why i can not blame Rose for being asked to play out of position. He is caught out so many times and he has been lucky on more then one occasion that his tackling has got him out of trouble. Put it this way that sending off could have happened before he dives in because his positioning for a FB is really poor.

Have to agree, i could never understand how so many raved about his performance at Liverpool last year, he will never be a Prem LB.

He's not even that quick either! He's average at best going forward and more importantly, he's not a defender. He didn't exactly stand out when he went out on loan to Bristol City did he?!

He's not even that quick either! He's average at best going forward and more importantly, he's not a defender. He didn't exactly stand out when he went out on loan to Bristol City did he?!

and Livermore was dreadful at Ipswich and Leeds, whats your point? ;)

Forgot to say i wonder how many others levy has done this with? i think the could be more comings and goings then a knocking shop this summer.

My own take on it is that if we do not make champs league then levy will let the ambitious ones leave and we will start again with the money from their sales going half into the stadium and the other half there replacements.

Forgot to say i wonder how many others levy has done this with? i think the could be more comings and goings then a knocking shop this summer.

My own take on it is that if we do not make champs league then levy will let the ambitious ones leave and we will start again with the money from their sales going half into the stadium and the other half there replacements.

I would be dissappointed if any of our players were not ambitious

The main point I've taken from that is that Benni will be happy to stay as long as we sow intent in the transfer market. Don't see anything wrong with that at all. It's the same reason that I've declined going to a Spurs match this season for the first time in over a decade. I'll be damned if I'm spending ?ú100+ every week to see Spurs if the money isn't being reinvested. Can't expect more from Ekotto.

already being discussed in the Transfer rumour thread, but who is this Chivu you speak of? Is he the one from Inter? What is he like 40?

No regrets here, as long as we can line-up a strong replacement

Else, he'd have to tuck in and perform - we have far bigger priorities to address squad-wise

The main point I've taken from that is that Benni will be happy to stay as long as we sow intent in the transfer market. Don't see anything wrong with that at all. It's the same reason that I've declined going to a Spurs match this season for the first time in over a decade. I'll be damned if I'm spending ?ú100+ every week to see Spurs if the money isn't being reinvested. Can't expect more from Ekotto.

Point I took from that is that Ekotto will be happy to stay if we pay him brickloads more cash and if a bigger club in his eyes doesn't come knocking!

already being discussed in the Transfer rumour thread, but who is this Chivu you speak of? Is he the one from Inter? What is he like 40?

Yeah, but someone mentioned something about Fox in that thread so chich has had to vacate it ;)

Point I took from that is that Ekotto will be happy to stay if we pay him brickloads more cash and if a bigger club in his eyes doesn't come knocking!

It's the line "if more money is made available". you can take that to mean "I want more wages", or you could take that to mean "This club had better start improving the playing staff again, or 5 years of sustained improvement is going to go against the wall"... I take it as the later, though maybe he is trying to veil his greedy cash demands.

Back