• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

Doubt this will happen as I doubt there are many teams in the world that rate him highly enough to pay what we would ask for him even if he did want to move. Seems more likely to me that this ends with him getting a new contract.

Clichy went for 7 with only a year left on his contract if my memory serves me right. Would want quite a bit more for Ekotto with several years left on his contract even though Clichy was/is younger.

It's the line "if more money is made available". you can take that to mean "I want more wages", or you could take that to mean "This club had better start improving the playing staff again, or 5 years of sustained improvement is going to go against the wall"... I take it as the later, though maybe he is trying to veil his greedy cash demands.

That actually lines up quite well with something he said some time back when comparing us to Aston Villa. At least I think that was Ekotto.

Yea time to get rid.
Love the caption that says he may be temted by a bigger club.None of the top top clubs would sign him

he doesn't though does he - it's an interview from France which could have been misquoted any number of times and most likely is being trumpeted now to try and cause some unrest in our camp before an important fixture

how many interviews with Ekotto in the past have been either misquoted or mistranslated only for him to come out and clear everything up later ?

Jesus some people can't wait for some bad news can they

To be honest i think this is bigger then a transfer rumour, it gives us an insight into how things are run at the club. I really wonder how many players levy has this agreement with, will any belive it after last summer and modric.

Also ekotto with his electric car and man of the people routine that he liked to tell us about every week was meant to be a little different from your average footballer.

To be honest i think this is bigger then a transfer rumour, it gives us an insight into how things are run at the club. I really wonder how many players levy has this agreement with, will any belive it after last summer and modric.

Also ekotto with his electric car and man of the people routine that he liked to tell us about every week was meant to be a little different from your average footballer.

"If a big club comes in for you with an offer good enough for us to accept I will let you go." Without specifying what constitutes a big club or an acceptable offer, yeah that sounds like Levy. It's a non-agreement anyway as we would sell if a good enough offer came in regardless of any agreement.

He is different in that he is honest, in that he hasn't been kissing the badge or talking about how he always thinks about Spurs while shagging his supermodel girlfriend before he ups and leaves for greener pastures. The upping and leaving part is the same for just about all of them.

Yea time to get rid.
Love the caption that says he may be temted by a bigger club.None of the top top clubs would sign him

I bet PSG would... and, like it or not, there are probably half-a-dozen clubs whom BENNY deems bigger than us... even though to many Spurs fans, a 'bigger club' probably begins and ends with Man Utd, Barca & Real Madrid!

Amazing. The amount of flimflam the media spouts never ceases to astound me. First of all, they got the source wrong. The interview where these false (or at best poorly translated) quotes are not from France Football, they are from Ragemag.

The direct quotes, with the questions asked are these:

Q: Ne pas gagner de titre avec ton club peut-il te donner envie de bouger ?

A: Durant la saison, j’ai eu une discussion avec mon pr?®sident, il m’a dit que si un gros club me faisait du pied, on pourrait s’asseoir pour en discuter. Je ne sais pas de quoi sera fait le futur. Pour moi, gagner des titres c’est cool mais je pr?®f?¿re gagner de l’argent (rires).

Translated, that would be:

Q: Not winning titles with your current club, can that give you thoughts about moving (elsewhere)?

A: This season, I had a discussion with the president (I’m assuming he’s talking about Levy here), he told me that if a huge club made an offer we could sit down and talk. I don’t know what the future holds. To me, winning titles is cool but I prefer earning money (laughs). (Gagner is a verb that means both ?½to win?? and ?½to earn??)

This quote: ?½I wouldn't be against the idea of staying, but otherwise I'll try to move forwards, as I did when I left Lens.?? ... is completely made up. No place in the interview does he say that.

Actually, not only are the ?½espn staff?? completely useless at their job but the original ****y french journo also tries to hint about a move to Arsenal, but Benny laughs it off and even insults them in the process.

Q: Il y a un club qui te fait r?¬ver ?

A: Franchement non. Je pr?®f?¿re privil?®gier la ville et on est vraiment tr?¿s bien ?á Londres. Et en plus j’ai l’embarras du choix avec tous les clubs londoniens.

Q: En plus Arsenal a des probl?¿mes d’arri?¿re gauche…

A: (Il coupe) Ils ont surtout des probl?¿mes avec Tottenham (rires). Ce n’est pas un transfert possible.

Translated:

Q: Is there a club that makes you dream?

A: Honestly, no. I prefer to focus on the town I’m in and we’re really getting on well in London. I’m also spoiled for choice with all the London clubs.

Q: ... Arsenal does have problems on their left side ...

A: (Interrupts) They especially have problems with Tottenham (laughs). That’s an impossible transfer.

---------------------

I despise journos like these, no wonder no-one actually dared to put their name under that article.

Last edited:
Amazing. The amount of flimflam the media spouts never ceases to astound me. First of all, they got the source wrong. The interview where these false (or at best poorly translated) quotes are not from France Football, they are from Ragemag.

The direct quotes, with the questions asked are these:

Translated, that would be:

This quote: ?½I wouldn't be against the idea of staying, but otherwise I'll try to move forwards, as I did when I left Lens.?? ... is completely made up. No place in the interview does he say that.

Actually, not only are the ?½espn staff?? completely useless at their job but the original ****y french journo also tries to hint about a move to Arsenal, but Benny laughs it off and even insults them in the process.

Translated:

---------------------

I despise journos.

Asked if he would be looking to join a club that regularly participates in the Champions League, he said: "Yes. All players want to play in this competition. A few months ago, I said I never wanted to play in the Europa League because that competition is useless.

Calling Europa League "useless" is not the attitute I want from Spurs players, especially when we have only won 2 trophies in the last 21 years. Find it strange BAE would say that since he has not won any trophy in his entire career. He was not even part of the team when we won the 2008 CC. Perhaps he doesn't know what is winning a trophy is all about.

Calling Europa League "useless" is not the attitute I want from Spurs players, especially when we have only won 2 trophies in the last 21 years. Find it strange BAE would say that since he has not won any trophy in his entire career. He was not even part of the team when we won the 2008 CC. Perhaps he doesn't know what is winning a trophy is all about.

Can't really blame the players for this attitude when clubs, fans, and managers have the very same attitude towards it for the most part.
ie. rest players for more important league game.

Yeah, it is kind of strange, especially since he never said that either. This quote is also made up. Check my link at the top of the page.

Well if he can do better than the 3rd or 4th best team in England, that means: Manyoo, Emirates Marketing Project, Real, Barca, Juve, Milan and perhaps a few others. It seems no more than a statement of a truism that if any of those clubs came in for any of our players there'd be a chance they'd leave.

I translated the Rage mag interview using Google and got:

Benoit Assou Ekotto is a guy relax. Big re-sta in rosbeefs, the Tottenham left back is a good customer. For RageMag, he returns to the hype and the tax Flamby FN but also on the medium of football. Arras in London, to Yaound?® meeting.

Do you have rabies?
No, I'm very peaceful and very quiet in general.

:ross:

Well, that sounds quite different - thanks, Solaar

In any case - if funds are limited this summer (most likely so) we need to prioritise different areas in the squad first and foremost.

Back