• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - BAE

This is a myth imo.

Really it is not. Last season, I listened to several sports reports on BBC over the season and what stands out is that numerous BBC reporters described him as being very poor over a number of matches. He was at fault for several goals and simply did not look good enough, and that was apart from what I actually saw myself. So no, I can assure you it was not a myth, he was very poor last season, especially during the second half of last season.

Can you honestly say you saw him play impressively last season?

He made one defensive error which led to a goal all season. He was sent off in his final game for QPR, against Leicester, he missed the remainder of the season through injury. Like most football fans though, only the last game is remembered.

And yet I heard a lot about his poor performances on BBC 5 Live so that is obviously not true

I'll guess that Rossi didn't watch more than 3 or 4. But I'd also guess he read/heard what QPR fans (who watched all the games) think of him, rather than doing what perhaps other posters have done - which is watching 45 minutes of one of Benny's poor games and deciding that he's "past it".

All I know is up until the violence, he was fantastic at the world cup.

And he would not be the first player to look good during a 1 month tournament but be poor over a full season

He made one defensive error which led to a goal all season. He was sent off in his final game for QPR, against Leicester, he missed the remainder of the season through injury. Like most football fans though, only the last game is remembered.

Not based on what I saw

Lol I remember people disagreeing with me when I said he was poor!! Never been good enough for us but he got such support 2/3 years ago even :ross:

He's been 'done' at Spurs since last season when we tried to sell him, but could only palm him off to QPR on loan. When we signed Davies, Poch said, Rose and Davies will be competing for left back. BAE has never been in the mix.

But if we can't sell him, we have enough games to warrant him sticking around. One of Davies or Rose might get injured.

It's certainly a strange one. Must have fallen out with Lewis or Levy. I'd be surprised if Poch want prepared to give him a go.

Lol I remember people disagreeing with me when I said he was poor!! Never been good enough for us but he got such support 2/3 years ago even :ross:

He was our LB for 7 years, including the most successful seasons we've had in 25 years. He's the best LB we've had since Hughton (Ziege was better talent-wise, but only managed one fit season).

Irrespective of what he's up to now, people shouldn't forget what he achieved.

Is this guy still under contract? if so are we paying him to have an extended holiday?

He's got one year left. Contracts work two-ways, you can't just cut players loose because you don't fancy them anymore. Remember he only cost us £3.5m. We've certainly got our money's worth out of him.

I wonder if he is refusing to all perm offers to leave so he can just run down his contract? We would then have no real option than to relunctantly accept a loan at the end of the window if we dont want to pay his contract off.

Shame, was a great character a few years back

Im suprised Harry did not want him back. He would work quite well as a Wing back in their 3-5-2 system.

None of us know the ins and outs to the situation but it's a shame to see how it's gone. Also from a business point of view because I'm sure with his form at a few points we could have cashed in, loaning him out to QPR was a bit of a waste and never really looked like the best way to do it. I'd rather us not deal with QPR at all, what they continuously seem to do (and somehow **** up) in the transfer window is just straight up strange.

Back