• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T The Playoffs

It will be an all Welsh affair in the Blue Square Premier playoff final as Tottenham legend Justin Edinburghs' Newport County take on Wrexham.

I've always thought the playoffs should be 3 from the Championship and one from the prem (i.e. the 18th placed team) rather than 3 down, 2 up plus 1 playoff winner.

I'd have to disagree. I think the Prem teams have enough of a safety net as it is, and reducing the interest among the sides competing in the 2nd Div would go against the whole idea.

Thursday 02nd May 2013

League 2 Play-Offs Semi-Final

Bradford City v Burton Albion 19:45
Northampton Town v Cheltenham Town 19:45

Friday 03rd May 2013

League 1 Play-Offs Semi-Final

Sheffield United v Yeovil Town 19:45

Saturday 04th May 2013

Swindon Town v Brentford 17:20

Sunday 05th May 2013

League 2 Play-Offs Semi-Final

Burton Albion v Bradford City 12:00
Cheltenham Town v Northampton Town 18:45

Blue Sq Premier Play-off Final

Wrexham v Newport County AFC 15:00

Monday 06th May 2013

Yeovil Town v Sheffield United 13:30
Brentford v Swindon Town 16:30

League Two play-off semi-finals, first legs:

Bradford 2-3 Burton

Northampton 1-0 Cheltenham

_67432919_edinburgh_trophy_get.jpg

Newport County manager Justin Edinburgh hailed the 2-0 win over Wrexham in the Blue Square Bet Premier play-off final as his finest moment in football.

Goals from Christian Jolley and Aaron O'Connor at Wembley sealed victory.

Edinburgh won the FA Cup and League Cup with Tottenham Hotspur as a player but said Newport's return to the Football League after 25 years capped it all.

"It's the most amazing day of my footballing career, this tops everything I've done," Edinburgh said.

"I'm so proud of these players and these supporters, and everyone connected with this football club - this is well deserved."

Edinburgh took over as Newport manager in October 2011, succeeding former Spurs coach Anthony Hudson at the helm.

County flirted with relegation that season but under Edinburgh's guidance avoided the drop with six points to spare, and also reached the FA Trophy final that season.

For the new season Newport quit their council-owned Spytty Park home, which had been beset by pitch problems, and moved to Rodney Parade to groundshare with the city's rugby teams.

Another big change was in the boardroom, as Chris Blight stood down to be replaced as chairman by a EuroMillions winner - Les Scadding - who scooped £45.5m in November 2009.

That allowed 43-year-old Edinburgh to reshape his team and reclaim Newport's place in the Football League, a feat that would have seemed an incredible goal just a few years ago.

"That's what dreams are made of and a lot of these people have sacrificed a lot this year," Edinburgh added.

"My players have lost loved ones, friends, family and you can see what it means to these fans and the chairman [Scadding].

"The supporters have made my job easy since I've been here and this is for them, this is a payback."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22422255

I'll have to give you directions to rodney parade if newport get there and we'll draw them in any of the cups next year.

its easy to get to.

Cheers.

Will be eagerly awaiting the fixtures unveiling for next season to see when we have our visits to Swansea and now Cardiff, could do without midweek dates.
Have a real funny feeling we are going to get Cardiff away as our opening match in August

Yeovil have reached the League One playoff final after beating Sheffield Utd 2-1 on aggregate.

The other spot is currently being contested between Brentford and Swindon. First game finished 1-1, with Luongo heavily involved in both goals, first scoring for Swindon, then conceding a very late penalty. It's 1-0 to Brentford after 35 minutes of the second leg.

Sheffield United are a fudging disgrace. Cost me a lot of fudging money. Should've been much closer to the top but fudging bottled it big time these past few weeks. Drawn about 10 at home all season absolute brick honestly.

Im not a big fan of watching football if it doesnt involve spurs but one thing I watch religiously is play offs as I think its the most exciting set of gaames in the history of football. It never fails to deliver.

Brentford v Swindon has been awesome

After losing an automatic promotion spot after missing a penalty it was perhaps fitting how Brentford won this tie in a penalty shootout.

Back