• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T The Playoffs

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
Championship

Cardiff are champions and promoted to the Premier League.

Hull are currently in second place. They have a 4-point lead on Watford, but an inferior goal difference. Next weekend Watford travel to playoff chasing Leicester and Hull go to relegation strugglers Barnsley. The final round sees Watford at home to mid table Leeds, while Hull host the champions.

Whoever comes out as the losing side in that battle will be joined by three others in the playoffs.

As it stands:

69 Brighton
67 Crystal Palace
66 Bolton
65 Leicester
64 Nottingham Forest
61 Charlton

Remaining matches:

Leicester - Watford
Blackburn - Crystal Palace
Cardiff - Bolton
Leeds - Brighton
Middlesboro - Charlton
Millwall - Nottingham Forest

Millwall - Crystal Palace

Bolton - Blackpool
Brighton - Wolves
Charlton - Bristol City
Crystal Palace - Peterborough
Nottingham Forest - Leicester

League One

Bournemouth already promoted and will be joined by either Brentford or Doncaster. Brentford host Doncaster next weekend in the deciding match. Brentford have to win, Doncaster will go up with a draw.

The three other teams already in the playoffs are:

Yeovil
Swindon
Sheffield United

League Two

Gillingham are the champions and will be joined by Port Vale and one of Rotherham and Cheltenham. Burton Albion can theoretically finish 3rd, but have to make up 9 goals on Rotherham's goal difference.

The last two already in the playoffs are:

Northampton
Bradford

Blue Square Premier

Mansfield have won promotion

In the playoffs we find:

Kidderminster
Grimsby
Wrexham
Newport (also a Welsh team, managed by Justin Edinburgh)

Championship

Cardiff are champions and promoted to the Premier League.

Hull are currently in second place. They have a 4-point lead on Watford, but an inferior goal difference. Next weekend Watford travel to playoff chasing Leicester and Hull go to relegation strugglers Barnsley. The final round sees Watford at home to mid table Leeds, while Hull host the champions.

Whoever comes out as the losing side in that battle will be joined by three others in the playoffs.

As it stands:

69 Brighton
67 Crystal Palace
66 Bolton
65 Leicester
64 Nottingham Forest
61 Charlton

Remaining matches:

Leicester - Watford
Blackburn - Crystal Palace
Cardiff - Bolton
Leeds - Brighton
Middlesboro - Charlton
Millwall - Nottingham Forest

Bolton - Blackpool
Brighton - Wolves
Charlton - Bristol City

League One

Bournemouth already promoted and will be joined by either Brentford or Doncaster. Brentford host Doncaster next weekend in the deciding match. Brentford have to win, Doncaster will go up with a draw.

The three other teams already in the playoffs are:

Yeovil
Swindon
Sheffield United

League Two

Gillingham are the champions and will be joined by Port Vale and one of Rotherham and Cheltenham. Burton Albion can theoretically finish 3rd, but have to make up 9 goals on Rotherham's goal difference.

The last two already in the playoffs are:

Northampton
Bradford

Blue Square Premier

In the playoffs we find:

Kidderminster
Grimsby
Wrexham
Newport (also a Welsh team, managed by Justin Edinburgh)

As are Wrexham

What chance 4 succesful Welsh teams this season?

Christ help us if Merthyr Tydfil ever get promoted.

Advantage Wrexham after a late penalty gave them a 2-1 win.

Tomorrow it's Grimsby - Newport.

The playoffs produce some great games and drama but I cant say I agree with them at all.

Bolton seem to have the momentum at present, have a funny feeling they are going to end up coming out of the pack and snatch promotion via the Play-offs

I bet Radford got some at the weekend...:lol: His missus looks pwoppa dirty

so what do you reckon the chances of a CL place play off being introduced if we cement ourselves in the top four for a couple of seasons?

The playoffs produce some great games and drama but I cant say I agree with them at all.

I've always thought the playoffs should be 3 from the Championship and one from the prem (i.e. the 18th placed team) rather than 3 down, 2 up plus 1 playoff winner.

The fudge are Sheffield United playing at???????? Got a few quid on them going up from pre-season.

Watford beat Leicester today, putting them just one point behind Hull. However, Hull can't win any of their last two games if Watford are to stand any chance of automatic promotion. This loss leaves Leicester 1 point behind the final playoff spot, but the teams ahead of them have a game in hand.

I've always thought the playoffs should be 3 from the Championship and one from the prem (i.e. the 18th placed team) rather than 3 down, 2 up plus 1 playoff winner.

Decent idea, think they do something similar in Norway, or used to

People say the Play Off final is as big as it gets, but I would say the 'Relegation' game over here is equally as high drama: 3 Bottom Bundesliga plays 3 top Zweitliga. It gives teams cut adrift of fourth from bottom a huge carrot to keep playing, like Augsburg this year, unlikely that they would ever get out of the bottom 3, but put an inspired run together and got to third from bottom. Now they are actually pressuring Duesselfdorf for 4th bottom and safety, whilst Hoffenheim are adrift of of Duesseldorf, but with potential of catching Augsburg.

It really keeps the relegation scrap interesting.

Although I do agree with whoever said that the play offs keep the season alive for the those in and around the top ten.

Championship

Cardiff are champions.

Hull lost today, leaving them one point ahead of Watford who have a massively superior goal difference.

Hull host Cardiff next weekend, while Watford entertain Leeds.

In the playoffs we have Brighton and two the following:

68 Crystal Palace
67 Bolton, Nottingham Forest
65 Leicester

Leicester have by far the best goal difference.

Remaining matches:

Bolton - Blackpool

League One

A last minute winner for Doncaster was enough to crown them champions ahead of Bournemouth and condemn Brentford to the playoffs.

Teams in the playoffs:

Brentford
Sheffield United
Yeovil
Swindon

League Two

Promoted: Gillingham, Rotherham, Port Vale

In the playoffs:

Burton Albion
Cheltenham
Northampton
Bradford