• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T The England Thread

As much as I'm glad less of our players would be involved with this nonsense and have a chance to pick up an injury - this is insulting towards the team which has played the most entertaining football since September and is 10-13 points ahead of clubs whitha 1/3 of their operating budget

Disgraceful

Glad to see there's not too many yids in there. I don't want them playing in some meaningless friendly and risk getting injured. I hope Parker and Walker don't play, as they'd both be big losses for our run in.

G Johnson, Downing, Walcott and Campbell are all poor selections.

Lennon should definitely have been in.

Shame Gerrard and Barry weren't left out as a proper break with the old guard.

For those wanting more fresh faces though, who is really missing? There's no one particularly great ripping up trees in the U21. Jones and Sturridge seem to be the best there is of the next generation. It's why the England job really shouldn't be appealing for any decent manager.

You can't just pick a completely fresh squad and see who does best in the friendly because that's not going to bed in anybody. The players being tested need to be tested alongside the players they're likely to play alongside at the Euros.

Would have liked to see Sinclair, Lescott and Oxlade-Chamberlain in this squad.

As much as I'm glad less of our players would be involved with this nonsense and have a chance to pick up an injury - this is insulting towards the team which has played the most entertaining football since September and is 10-13 points ahead of clubs whitha 1/3 of their operating budget

Disgraceful

To be fair Dawson, Huddlestone and Lennon have all had injury interrupted seasons, while you'd only ever pick King for the tournament itself.

Lennon should have been in with Walker and Parker, but Dawson probably doesn't deserve a place at this moment in time.

Campbell ahead of Defoe is truly laughable but I am glad there are only a few of our lads in there it is a pointless friendly anyway rather them stay with the club

looking at that squad makes you realise that we have a cat in hells chance of winning anything. Just how much brick can you squeeze into a squad? Stewart Downing ffs

i think its an important political statement offering an olive branch of tolerance to EU immigration

ie.
bone headed england fans wearing a shirt that makes them look like Poland!

England-Home-2012-Short-Sleeve-Shirt.jpg

Attachments

• England-Home-2012-Short-Sleeve-Shirt.jpg
    England-Home-2012-Short-Sleeve-Shirt.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 3
its a squad set up tp play boring long ball football - we know we wont play anyone off the park, so the squad has a bit of width and pace going forwards, thats the only way we will get anywhere

Got to be realistic Pearce really does not have much at his disposal to select from.

Wheelchair, Rodwell are two names had they been fit would have been included, but I do agree with a few others, Lennon, Dawson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sinclair, Stockwell should probably have got a call up.

On a good note no Ferdinand, Lampard or Terry :p

Walcott and Downing?

Shouldn't players be chosen based on how well they are playing?

Though i understand why he has not named Chamberlain, what would be the point of taking him to the euro's to sit in the squad and not to get into the team? Everyone can see it happening, ala Walcott, it shouldn't happen mind, chamberlain looks like a quality player who should be getting experience in games like this for the future!

Not really surprised by the squad, not inspired by it. So much for the youth of tomorrow getting a run out.

Out in the group stages.

Disgraceful

isnt that a bit of an over-reaction

Walker and Parker are there, Lennon is coming back from an injury, Dawson has been out for most of the season. Defoe could have been there, but thats about it

most of best players are not English anyway

Back