• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T The England Thread

Why do we need a permanent captain? Can't we just pick one on the day from whoever makes the 11? Do other countries all have a named captain who must then be guaranteed to get into every squad/team no matter how brick he's playing?

Everyone assigns a captain going into a tournament, but it's usually the most experienced player. I really don't get this fascination about who's captain.

Why do we need a permanent captain? Can't we just pick one on the day from whoever makes the 11? Do other countries all have a named captain who must then be guaranteed to get into every squad/team no matter how brick he's playing?

I have a mental picture of all the players crowding round in the huddle after they have gone out onto the field drawing straws.

I have a mental picture of all the players crowding round in the huddle after they have gone out onto the field drawing straws.
I like it, email Fabio immediately (cc Kevin Bond to annoy him).

I stand by the basic point though, seems like a free ticket into the team to me for someone who in 6 months will likely be:
a) useless
b) a clam
c) a useless clam

Right, pass out the straws. No John, you can't have one.

They really shouldn't name anyone until the final squad is announced. Just let someone experienced wear the armband for the friendlies.

I predict he will pick Wheelchair.

The only clam in the squad destined to be as scummy and shameful as Terry

Can't see him going to the Euros if he's out for the rest of the season injured... Even if he does get fit he won't have played enough games.

Hopefully it'll be Parker. When was the last time we had an England captain in our midst just out of interest?

Can't see him going to the Euros if he's out for the rest of the season injured... Even if he does get fit he won't have played enough games.

Hopefully it'll be Parker. When was the last time we had an England captain in our midst just out of interest?

That's a good question actually. Would it be Gary Lineker?

TomBrady-010708-775408.jpg

The only patriotism I have is towards Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, but if you wanted me comment on the best candidate for the England job, then it would be between Stevie G., and Scottie P. I guess it would not surprise anyone for me to go with Scottie P, as he is the "real" skipper of our team and one who shows more leadership on the field than the "sainted" Ledley!?

capello won't care two hoots about long term, he'd need an experienced head and a proven leader to extract the best performance from the team. on that basis i'd say its Stevie G.

capello won't care two hoots about long term, he'd need an experienced head and a proven leader to extract the best performance from the team. on that basis i'd say its Stevie G.

I can see us taking such an ageing squad.. It can't just be me though, i struggle to think of many world class english footballers between 28 and 22...

The only patriotism I have is towards Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, but if you wanted me comment on the best candidate for the England job, then it would be between Stevie G., and Scottie P. I guess it would not surprise anyone for me to go with Scottie P, as he is the "real" skipper of our team and one who shows more leadership on the field than the "sainted" Ledley!?

if you regard thumping your chest over leading by example

I'm looking forward to the Euros but couldn't care less how England do as long as Parker and any other Spurs player plays well and don't get injured.

I'm looking forward to the Euros but couldn't care less how England do as long as Parker and any other Spurs player plays well and don't get injured.

The best international tournament I have seen in the last 20 years was the one a few years back that England werent involved with.

Shame we qualified this time around really

Back