• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T The England Thread

This appointment will only be for the short term, Capello is at last out of the door at the end of the Euros, hopefully along with the remainder of the 'golden generation'. I don't care who Capello's last captain is. Think Gerard will get it, doesn't matter, it'll be same old England, same old failure.

New manager, new ideas, new team.

The only patriotism I have is towards Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, but if you wanted me comment on the best candidate for the England job, then it would be between Stevie G., and Scottie P. I guess it would not surprise anyone for me to go with Scottie P, as he is the "real" skipper of our team and one who shows more leadership on the field than the "sainted" Ledley!?
Wash your mouth out. King has been with us since he was a youth player. Parker rejected us twice to go to Chelsea then to Saudi Sportswashing Machine. When Parker has put 15 years of commitment into Spurs throughout some dark times and played through career threatening injuries then people will respect him as much as Ledley. Yes he is a Leader but King is our captain and is the only current player that I can say embodies Spurs/

SSN Backing Parker For England Captain

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11979/7493847/Arise-captain-Scott

He seems to be the perfect man for the job and pundits and journalists all seem to agree that he should be captain. The only thing that's holding him back for the captaincy is that he only has 10 caps. However, Gerrard and Lampard are injured a lot and neither are guaranteed a first-team place. Ferdinand has said he doesn't want it and it can't go to Hart because it's hardest to lead from the back. The best choice has to be Parker but you never know with Capello.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11979/7493847/Arise-captain-Scott

He seems to be the perfect man for the job and pundits and journalists all seem to agree that he should be captain. The only thing that's holding him back for the captaincy is that he only has 10 caps. However, Gerrard and Lampard are injured a lot and neither are guaranteed a first-team place. Ferdinand has said he doesn't want it and it can't go to Hart because it's hardest to lead from the back. The best choice has to be Parker but you never know with Capello.

Scott-Parker-Feature_2714703.jpg

The three scum are going to have a field day with that picture...

He wouldn't be a bad choice I think. But a lot of it comes down to internal politics. England squads in the past at least have had a lot of stubborn, strong characters. If several of the starting players wouldn't respect Parker as a captain, but they would respect Rooney for example then Rooney is probably the better choice even if Parker is better at being a captain.

What better after Terry than a player who is a role model off the field as much as he is on it? It would be a good PR move admiteddly but I think it would get support from a lot of players too (particularly seeing as England is recruiting a lot of youngsters).

Rooney spouting bile 2 inches from a ref's face is exactly not what you need. The English captain should be someone that epitomises the best traits of the English, not the worst.

England Squad Vs Holland... Parker Captain Pg6

Goalkeepers: Scott Carson (Bursaspor), Joe Hart (Emirates Marketing Project), Robert Green (West Ham United).

Defenders: Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea),Leighton Baines (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Micah Richards (Emirates Marketing Project), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Emirates Marketing Project), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Emirates Marketing Project), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), James Milner (Emirates Marketing Project), Scott Parker (Tottenham Hotspur), Ashley Young (Manchester United), Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

Strikers: Darren Bent (Aston Villa), Fraizer Campbell(Sunderland), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United)

Last edited by a moderator:
So all the newspapers, who spent all week telling us that Pearce would name an "experimental squad" and drop loads of big name players, prove once again that they actually know fudge all.

Goalkeepers: Scott Carson (Bursaspor), Joe Hart (Emirates Marketing Project), Robert Green (West Ham United).

Defenders: Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea),Leighton Baines (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Micah Richards (Emirates Marketing Project), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Emirates Marketing Project), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Emirates Marketing Project), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), James Milner (Emirates Marketing Project), Scott Parker (Tottenham Hotspur), Ashley Young (Manchester United), Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

Strikers: Darren Bent (Aston Villa), Fraizer Campbell(Sunderland), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United)

???
who picked this squad - Rainman?

Back