• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T The England Thread

Something like this?

-Heskey - Carrol - Crouch - Holt-

--------------------------------

---------Parker-Gerrard---------
Cole - Smalling - Lescott - Walker
-------------Hart---------------

Something like this?

-Heskey - Carrol - Crouch - Holt-

--------------------------------

---------Parker-Gerrard---------
Cole - Smalling - Lescott - Walker
-------------Hart---------------
Yeah but without the sprinters Cole, Gerrard and Walker

We want hoofers man, hoooofers.

Ryan Shawcross, John JT Terry and that big Phil Jones fella from Utd.

That'll scare 'em off

This would hurt a bit....

----Heskey - Carrol - Crouch - Holt---

-------------------------------------

-------------Barton-Cattermole-------
Warnock-Shawcross-Lescott-Carragher
------------------Hart---------------

4's too many, just need 1. Chelski only needed 1. Just gotta pray Carroll can evolve into Drogba....

Rodwell and Phil Jones as the 2 defensive midfielders should be tough enough to break through. Wheelchair's gay but he's a good one to have to get stuck in in midfield.

Rooney and Theo have got plenty of pace to burn, Oxlade-Chamberlain could be a good one for a late sub.

But point is, England need to play more to their strengths. Passing it on the deck isn't exactly one of their strengths. England is never gonna out pass Spain, the Netherlands, etc. so why try? use what you got. and that is pace, size, and power.

Funny, Neville only saying this after England went out of Euro2012. Why didn't he say this before, that England are not good enough ? It has become a tradition in football to praise the team who have just beaten you, just to hide how bad your team had been.

What do you expect when you don't take the good players and pick based on reputation, not ability?

Carrick should have been in the side if you wanted to pass it around. Leon Britton should definitely have been in the side if that was the aim.

Okay, Carrick made a bit of a fuss about being a back-up or bench-warmer. Perhaps understandable, given England's lack of decent passers in the first eleven, but inexcusable nonetheless. But Britton? He would have been a metronome for England, unquestionably. Would've helped them keep possession a lot better than they ended up doing, given the right support and atmosphere.

But no, Hodgson persisted with the old boys' club and England failed to make any sort of meaningful impact on yet another tournament.

----------Welbeck-----------

Young---------------Lennon

-------Carrick---Britton------

-----------Parker-----------

Cole---Lescott---Terry---Richards

------------Hart--------------

I'm wondering how a team like that would have done. Guess we'll never know.

It doesn't help when so many are injured or don't want to be part of the squad. I am hoping Hodgson moves a lot of them on now and starts afresh for the next qualifying campaign, no one should have expected much from Euro 2012.

Desperatley angling for the inevitable Roy departure (possibly even before the next WC, depending on results) - he's been preparing for this on his little tablet for ages

Desperatley angling for the inevitable Roy departure (possibly even before the next WC, depending on results) - he's been preparing for this on his little tablet for ages

I think that is possible with Redknapp desperate to return to management. Can see England replacing Hodgson with Redknapp in the near future.

Anyway, England should stop calling itself the home of modern football. Football has found a new home, Spain.:D

I think that Roy is safe until at least the end of the WC qualifying campaign. England were poor in the summer but not as bad as two years ago. Roy's selections were steady and well organised but unispirational but what do you expect when he only had two weeks with the players before the tournament. Most importantly, I think that Roy handled himself well, was dignified and won some friends in the press (at least until they smell blood).

I hope Roys old boys club selections were due to the fact he had no time to prepare a team and he "made do"

I fear that had he been in charge the entire campaign thats exactly the squad he would have picked

OT: England Squad Announcement

Full Squad for our friendly against Italy:

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott, Jack Butland, Ryan Bertrand, Gary Cahil, Frank Lampard, Daniel Sturridge, Leighton Baines, Phil Jagielka, Jack Rodwell, Andy Carroll, Joe Hart, Adam Johnson, James Milner, Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Ashley Young, John Ruddy, Steven Caulker, Jermain Defoe, Jake Livermore and Kyle Walker.

It's not a bad squad, but it's definitely not a squad that should be 3rd in the world rankings ahead of teams like Brazil, Argentina, France, Italy etc.

Micah Richards still cant get in:lol: he is a bit cr@p though

i see Carrick is back in now he has had a lovely summer off, holidays with the wife and kids, and his missus has said "off you go Mickey, you can play for England now"

under the thumb is ol' MC

Jesus christ. Jake Livermore in teh england squad!!!! I think he's very very average

Obviously nice to see Spurs players in the squad but cant help but feel that this is going to disrupt our build-up for Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Jesus christ. Jake Livermore in teh england squad!!!! I think he's very very average

Obviously nice to see Spurs players in the squad but cant help but feel that this is going to disrupt our build-up for Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Except for Walker I don't think any of the players in our team playing in the England friendly were going to start in the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game anyway

Back