• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T The England Thread

Disappointingly, I think I'm one of the few that still cares about my national team. And this is a major blow.

I'd hope Wenger plays Oxlade-Chamberlain in central midfield a couple of times before the end of the season, as he was class there against Milan and we could do with him getting a bit of game time in that position. As it is, we don't have anyone else in central midfield who can carry the ball with any real pace and help turn defensive positions into attacking ones.

Seriously, does anyone think it would make a difference one way or the other?

England doesn't have a manager, or a style, or a set attacking/midfield/back 4 line up, or fudging anything ... a QF/SF run would be overachieving at this stage.

Might not make a difference but some were saying it would be an unfair for Wheelchair to walk straight into the team without having had to prove himself.

Seriously, does anyone think it would make a difference one way or the other?

England doesn't have a manager, or a style, or a set attacking/midfield/back 4 line up, or fudging anything ... a QF/SF run would be overachieving at this stage.

If he had recovered in time to regain the kind of form he showed last season against Barca I think he could have played an important part for England.

Parker and Wheelchair would have made a good foundation for England to build on, then an attacking trio of Young, Gerrard and someone behind a striker. Rooney in there when available. Of course having a manager would help...

With 'Arry in charge it won't make a difference.

--------------Green---------------

Johnson---Terry-----Ferdinand-Cole

Gerrard---Lampard---Parker---J.Cole

----------Crouch----Rooney--------

Subs; James, Upson, Cahill, Barry, Milner, Lennon, Defoe

4-4-fudging two, gentlemen.

This is a lie. He will be fit, but this a ploy be Wenger to keep his beloved Wheelchair out of the squad.

what a weinerhead.

speaking of weinerheads.. check out rvp. what class

[video]http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/robin-van-persie-gary-caldwell-handbags-post-arsenal-1-wigan-2/[/video]

and I'd go with:

------------------- Altidore ------------------
--- Shea -------- Dempsey -------- Gatt ---
------------- Bradley --- Edu ----------------
Johnson - Bocanegra - Goodson - Chandler
------------------- Howard ------------------

oh wait...

Doubt Arry would have played him anyway

He'd go for old buddeis and mates in a midfield (Dubai's lineup in a nutshell) which has in turn achieved fudge all in a decade bar some memorable wins over Macedonia and Moldova

Lampard - Gerrard - Parker - Cole

Last edited:
Play none of the season. Expect to go to Euros at the end of it. There lies the problem with the England team.

Doubt Arry would have played him anyway

He'd go for all buddeis and mates in a midfield (Dubai's lineup in a nutshell) which has in turn achieved fudge all in a decade bar some memorable wins over Macedonia and Moldova

Lampard - Gerrard - Parker - Cole

If Harry gets the job I would expect him to pick the best available players in their best positions. It is what he does and what made him so successful when he first joined us.

Back