• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T The England Thread

If Harry gets the job I would expect him to pick the best available players in their best positions. It is what he does and what made him so successful when he first joined us.

He was recently quoted as saying that he would still keep Gerrard and Lampard in there. And of course we all know what he thinks of Joe Cole. TOP TOP PLAYER.

What line-up do you think he'd go for in midfield, Milo?

I don't know, it'd depend on who was fit and available at the end of the season but I think that he would look for a stable central midfield with pace on the flanks.

I don't think that he would favour 4-4-2, it has never been his first choice with us and wasn't at Portsmouth either.

I would be certain that he wouldn't repeat the mistakes of previous managers and play Gerrard and Lampard together in central midfield, it didn't even work when they were the best midfielders in the country.

Play none of the season. Expect to go to Euros at the end of it. There lies the problem with the England team.

My thoughts exactly, how people have been suggesting that he might or should be going is beyond me. If heÔÇÖd been back playing in March then a slim chance. Imagine what could happen if you taken someone that has been injured all season to a major championship, it couldnÔÇÖt go wrong could it...

I don't know, it'd depend on who was fit and available at the end of the season but I think that he would look for a stable central midfield with pace on the flanks.

I don't think that he would favour 4-4-2, it has never been his first choice with us and wasn't at Portsmouth either.

I would be certain that he wouldn't repeat the mistakes of previous managers and play Gerrard and Lampard together in central midfield, it didn't even work when they were the best midfielders in the country.

Redknapp, Lampard's uncle, added: "I think Frank is top drawer. I'd have him in any England team. And I don't say that because he's a relation.

"People change their mind from one week to the next. One week, you can be the greatest, next week, you are useless, whether you're a manager or a player.

"I would have Frank and Gerrard in my team every day of the week."

"Let's be honest, you would love to have Paul Scholes in the Euros this year," he said.

"He'd be in your team, he's that good.

"Whoever's there would love to take him, I'm sure. You'd love him to play. He plays like the Spaniards, like Xavi [Hernandez] or [Andres] Iniesta. He does not give the ball away."

Despite their advancing years, Redknapp also stated Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard should definitely be in the England squad, as he believes their experience and quality is essential to the team.

"You need men in your side, you need characters if you are going to win anything," Redknapp continued.

"Frank is still a top player. You write Frank off at your peril. He's still a top player in my opinion. Stevie Gerrard is still a top-class player. We have got some good players in our midfield."

"Let's be honest, you would love to have Paul Scholes in the Euros this year," he said.

That got me thinking, England are in a somewhat rare situation at the moment where they could actually build a team with a spine from just one club side - that being the club side currently topping the PL, say they managed to get Scholes to accept a quick return to international football.

-------------Hart-----------
Smalling---Rio---Jones---Cole
Lennon-Carrick-Scholes-Young
-----------Rooney-----------
----------Welbeck-----------

Gerrard in for Rooney during his suspension.

Those outfield players slotting in, Cole and Lennon should be able to play well with the rest of the team and are quite similar to Evra and Valencia in style. Hart could obviously step into that side. Might want to go for Richards at right back instead of Smalling, but even with him there you would have a spine of players that know how to play together, that are used to play in a system that works. Even if you replace Scholes with someone else you would still have a team that should function as a unit, with a lot of the benefits that club sides experience.

The-FA might even go all out and ask Ferguson if he would take a United+ type team to the Euros on a 2 month gig seeing as they don't have a manager at the moment.

I know fielding a team of players from essentially two clubs works very well for Spain, from what I remember Zambia won the ACN with a team that had focused on staying together and making a functional unit out of a bunch of not that great players, but not sure if there are many other examples of international sides going for consistency and unity over names or individual abilities.

-------------Hart-----------
Smalling---Rio---Jones---Cole
Lennon-Carrick-Scholes-Young
-----------Rooney-----------
----------Welbeck-----------

Parker in for Scholes and Bent (if fit) for Welbeck

If Arry is in charge at the Euros there is no way in hell he'll leave out Parker and Lampard from the line-up. Willing to put money on it

Redknapp, Lampard's uncle, added: "I think Frank is top drawer. I'd have him in any England team. And I don't say that because he's a relation.

"People change their mind from one week to the next. One week, you can be the greatest, next week, you are useless, whether you're a manager or a player.

"I would have Frank and Gerrard in my team every day of the week."

"He'd be in your team, he's that good.

"Whoever's there would love to take him, I'm sure. You'd love him to play. He plays like the Spaniards, like Xavi [Hernandez] or [Andres] Iniesta. He does not give the ball away."

Despite their advancing years, Redknapp also stated Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard should definitely be in the England squad, as he believes their experience and quality is essential to the team.

"You need men in your side, you need characters if you are going to win anything," Redknapp continued.

"Frank is still a top player. You write Frank off at your peril. He's still a top player in my opinion. Stevie Gerrard is still a top-class player. We have got some good players in our midfield."

Because every word that Harry says is true and he's never willing to reel out a quote to for the press.

Really bad news for England's chances but it has been good news for us throughout this season. Much like Lucas being injured for Liverpool, it has helped us a fair amount in the league.

I don't actually hate this guy, sure he is a bit of a gobbrick but he's 19, has the media's spotlight on him and also most likely about 40 grand disposable income each week. I'm pretty sure if most of us had those circumstances at that age we'd have been in the papers for much worse.

Him and Parker actually made a pretty good partnership and if Barry Lampard or Gerrard take his place it's never really going to work.

So he's worse than the likes of Barry and Milner?

That's not what I said. People speak about him as though he's the new Xavi, and frankly I don't think he's even half the player as a now-past-it Scholes. Having said that, overall I'd say Milner offers more to the squad than Wheelchair, because he can play in a number of positions and won't let anyone down in any of them. Barry would not be first choice for me, but again he offers a bit of versatility so I have no problem with him being in the squad.

*****ENGLAND Vs NORWAY OMT*****

nff_logo.jpg
vs
Roy+Hodgson+is+revealed+as+the+England+manager

----------Alnwick----------
-Walker-Dawson-King-Rose-
----Carroll-Parker-Hudd----
--Lennon--Defoe--Rose again-

EURO 2012 Winners: England.

Couldn't we rant about this in the England squad thread? Or the playoff final thread? Or the transfer rumour thread?

Mods: Bring back the Midweek & Weekend Football thread!!!

Back