• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Second Club

Your second premier league club

• Everton

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Fulham

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Norwich

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • QPR

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Reading

• Southampton

• Sunderland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aston Villa

• West Brom

• Total voters

southstand1882

Mitchell Thomas
Inspired by a couple of threads:

- 1 in random asking who would you support if Spurs moved away from London
- 1 in general asking which teams you find most offensive

So on the flip side (and bearing mind a poll only supports 10 options), which English premier league (2012/2013) club do you find least offensive?

I have taken the liberty of removing what I consider to be ridiculous options (Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, United, City, Stoke, Bolton etc)

If you had to support a second team, or Spurs were not around, which would it be?

For me its Fulham. I love their location and old-school ground.

They have decent players and a manager I like, even if their chairman is a bit crazy.

Last edited:
Now that they are a Premierahip club, I'd have to say Southampton.

The most local Premiership side, I know there was all the SCBC club but they do little wrong realistically and I think they'll have decent chance of surviving next season.

Villa at a push as my family are Villa fans. Still would have been funny to see them relegated though.

Leeds all the way. Will never come close to Spurs but I go to Elland Road a few times a year and I know all of the songs.

Colchester United for me... closest (decent-ish) club other than Cambridge United which is closer but I'm an Essex boy so it'd have to be the U's

EDIT: Ok I didn't read the title properly and noticed you asked for "Premiership" clubs... sooooooo... It'd probably have to be a London club as Norwich may be closer to me but I couldn't wear those yellow shirts in the summer with all those midgy fly things and thunderbugs about!!
So it'd be between Fulham and QPR I spose. Probably QPR

Last edited:
In before the 'Fan Police' come along and say they can't understand how anyone can have a second team yada yada yada.:yawn:

i know it's not really in keeping with the thread but if there was no Spurs id probably follow my local side Cray Wanderers - one of the oldest clubs in the world (est 1860!) and are close to securing permission to build a nice shiny new stadium about 5 minutes from my house, lottery funded i believe.

CWFC is the oldest football club in London and the second oldest in the world

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/craywands/news/cray-wanderers-sandy-lane-proj-524095.html

voted Fulham for the poll ;)

Probably Fulham as well tbh.......failing that maybe Man Utd just because they are the least offensive to me personally and even before they started this cycle back in the early 90s I always quite liked them as a club and the players they had.

I have no loyalty to anyone bar Spurs, so it all depends on who is doing things the right way at the time, and if there's any players/managers that I particularly like that are involved at those clubs.

Right now I'd say it's Fulham because of Jol and because they play nice football. But I also like Swansea because of the football they play. Everton I want to do well because of Moyes, although I don't like watching them much. Any of those factors could change though, and I could start hating all of those clubs, in the same way that Stoke or Blackburn could one day have a manager that plays attractive, attacking football and I'd start to like them too.

Ok, so if Spurs were no longer around, you'd stop supporting a club altogether. That's fine.

But pretend that you couldn't handle that.

Which club would you pick?
No-one in the Premier League that's for sure :lol: Perhaps someone like AFC Wimbledon - it's great that the club is owned by the supporters.

If Spurs were no longer there to support. I would go back to watching Warrington Wolves in the SuperLeague, couldnt possibly start supporting/following another team in football

I have family who support Ipswich so i check their results every weekend. I also quite like Leeds United.

In the premierleague, i like Everton.

Back