• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Second Club

Your second premier league club

• Everton

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Fulham

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Norwich

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • QPR

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Reading

• Southampton

• Sunderland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aston Villa

• West Brom

• Total voters
I don't dislike Fulham at all, but Al-Fayed has bankrolled them to get into the Premier League - not much different to the likes of Dave Whelan at Wigan etc.

Yeah, but they're just so... harmless. And with BMJ in charge I can't help but have a soft spot for them.

Voted Fulham as they are completely inoffensive even though their chairman is a complete nutter (Michael Jackson statue). Out of the premier league it is Yeovil, being my local team.

Voted Fulham cos of BMJ, but I like Wigan aswell. Theyre so plucky and inoffensive, plus it seems they live for exciting relegation battles. I also like how they take punts on up and coming central/south American players like Valencia, Rodallega, Palacios etc, and Martinez actually sounds like he actually knows a thing or 2 about football

I'd go Everton. Good, traditional club, I like Goodison Park... Plus they hate Liverpool more than anyone. Spurs > anyone of course though.

A life without Tottenham Hotspur doesn't bear thinking about!!

As I live in Reading (and I could walk to the Madstad), I guess it would have to be them? However, most of my Mum's family support QPR. I have also "followed" Ross County since they were in Division 3 in Scotland and I am as pleased as punch that they are now in the SPL.

So we can safely say that Fulham and Everton are the least offensive clubs in the premier league

Somehow I doubt either clubs fans would pick us

If Spurs ceased to exist, or moved across London I think I'd take a break from football for a bit. The last few months have been a bit draining.

I couldn't support a different premiership team though. I'd end up supporting Orient or maybe a foreign team.

Emirates Marketing Project, fudge it I'd I ain't allowed to support spurs I'd just be a glory hunting **** why not! In all seriousness probably go and watch Bournemouth or the O's

Can't really have a second club in the same league I don't think. Just the sort of teams would should beat easily (fragile footballing sides - Swansea, Norwich, QPR etc).

Aside from us I've had soft spots for Palace and Inter since the late 80s/early 90s. I also look out for the results of the two Sheffield teams.

If you had to support a second team, or Spurs were not around, which would it be?

For me its Fulham. I love their location and old-school ground.

They have decent players and a manager I like, even if their chairman is a bit crazy.

Fulham are just another Chelsea or Emirates Marketing Project, albeit on a smaller scale. Al Fayed subsidies them in a big way.

Why is Man Utd a silly option? I think that would be the choice for the vast majority of Spurs fans. They've stopped Arsenal and Chelsea winning countless trophies over the years. They also have the same tradition in terms of style of play.

My no2 club in PL is always the underdog; so this season it was Swansea, last season Blackpool, next season?
With Rodgers still at Swansea next season I'll keep an extra eye with their performance.

Since Hoddle brought me to Spurs in the very early 80s, I've always had a softspot for ManU amongst the contenders, and if we can't win they've been the realistic other candidate of choice for the title - at least in the Sky4-era.

Fulham are just another Chelsea or Emirates Marketing Project, albeit on a smaller scale. Al Fayed subsidies them in a big way.

Why is Man Utd a silly option? I think that would be the choice for the vast majority of Spurs fans. They've stopped Arsenal and Chelsea winning countless trophies over the years. They also have the same tradition in terms of style of play.

I hated the arrogance of Liverpool in the 80s, far worse than Man U today. Didn't want Arsenal or Chelsea doing well. So for much of the last 20 years I have been happy to see Man U win the league. To be honest, if they won it this year it just feels rather irrelevant, where as if City won it that would hack me off a bit in the way they bought the title.
On the whole, I didn't mind see them doing well in the CL. I wouldn't go as far as saying they are my second club and I hate how we get done by them and their refs every time we play!

Currently I live in Southampton so I want to see them well because it means so much to the community. Good honest club these days too.

Funny that a few people are saying Southampton, didn't their fans take massively against us after we poached Hoddle and Dean Richards from them? Seem to remember a small rivalry developing between us before they got relegated

Back