• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Olympic Football 2012

Whilst i understand the call for Butland, and agree with it to some degree..

He hasn't gone through the most important career changing moment for an English goalkeeper yet. He hasn't fudged up at a major tournament. He could go either way at the moment.

Enjoy, mate - Muniain is a special talent - could be on of stars from the up and coming generation along with Adrian and Javi Martinez

Cheers mate.

It was a good game, 0 - 0 but it was due to not finishing chances, the play was still good.

Morroco's Nordin Amrabat was absolutely class, hadn't heard of him before. Spain had Jordi Alba, Juan Mata, Adrian, Iker Muniain and such on. I do like the look of Adrian, but not at 16m or whatever was quoted.

Had front row seats at Old Trafford, only issue was the chinese tourists taking pictures of everything apart from the football the entire time blocking my view, the relentless mexican waves and some kid chatting brick and screaming the entire game behind us. It was awesome for free though, happy to say I've been to an olympic event I guess.

Uruguay's Luis Suarez condemned the jeers he received on Wed & says the crowd are "scared of facing a player like me".

Had front row seats at Old Trafford, only issue was the chinese tourists taking pictures of everything apart from the football the entire time blocking my view, the relentless mexican waves and some kid chatting brick and screaming the entire game behind us. It was awesome for free though, happy to say I've been to an olympic event I guess.

Sounds like a typical Utd home game then :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Whilst i understand the call for Butland, and agree with it to some degree..

He hasn't gone through the most important career changing moment for an English goalkeeper yet. He hasn't fudged up at a major tournament. He could go either way at the moment.

Haha, neither has Joe Hart though. It's one of those things really, I saw him a lot at Cheltenham last year and he made a few errors there, 1 game in particular stands out where he had a nightmare and was at fault for 2 or 3 of 4 goals. But bounced back the next week with a great performance. I think he has the mental capacity for the big stage. I really think we should sign him up NOW and then loan him out next season to a Premier League club that will play him, like Southampton.

i think he can make a career as a first choice at a bottom 10 Prem team.

I rather see him loaned out to a bottom 10 prem team and see how he develops. It might be a bit premature to cut him loose just yet and he needs playing time to bring him on.

In general this approach has worked well for us - a few loans spells ending with a premiership team loan and then back into the main Spurs squad. If we did manage to get a few strikers in, say Ade and Lewandowski ([-o<) then a loan for Kane would help him too.

Back