• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

Jesus wept.....how can one bad game make him go from the messiah to pariah.

Never been the messiah in my book but i tolerate him when we get results, not when i see performances like this afternoon. Or infact nearly every time we have an important match excluding 2 home games against arsenal and chelsea.

I have to say, does anyone reckon that result would have happened had Mourinho, for instance, been in charge today?

May have been boring, but doubt we'd have let 5 in.

I have to say, does anyone reckon that result would have happened had Mourinho, for instance, been in charge today?

Oh, and that isn't meant as a harry out point. Just a tactical awareness point.

You would have to say that if Redknapp really wants the Eng job that a result like this on an international tournament level would lead to some universe imploding levels. Just saying if Harry is smart he must realise that here if he beats Man Utd next week he will be hailed on a managerial GHod like level whereas in the Eng job he will be thrown to the dogs.

Never been the messiah in my book but i tolerate him when we get results, not when i see performances like this afternoon. Or infact nearly every time we have an important match excluding 2 home games against arsenal and chelsea.

What about all those Champions League games? A lot of our performances in big games away from home have been dire I'll give you that, but he's still a great manager.

Not sure what difference it would have made as nearly every player decided to pick today to put in their worst performance of the season. I don't know any manager that could stop Ekotto fudging around with the ball in his own box or track his man like he failed to do for one of Walcott's goals. And if Redknapp couldn't get a better performance out of Adebayor despite being one of the best man managers in the business, then I don't know who could.

I dont think anybody is suggesting that Harry should leave, but he did get it horribly wrong today.. That much is clear.

Redknapp got it wrong big style, players also let him down. I don't think there is a manager in world football who could stop Ekotto being so lackadaisical. There are times when it is a joy to watch and downright hilarious, but when he tries to do overhead kicks in his own box in a North London derby and doesn't track his man and casually jogs back when he should be running, it's not very funny.

This ws a bad day, a bad game. But some of the kneejerk is embarrassing. Harry has worked wonders at Spurs, and more often than not gets it right. I personally much prefer the 442, and absolutely think we need Lennon wide right, but Harry is the manager who has got us to 3rd and has the right, and more knowledge from training, to make the decisions he does. But every manager gets it wrong, and every teams has bad days. Hell Harry led us to victory in Milan whereas Wenger laughed at our tactics but saw his team get smashed. As for the point about happy to a new more 'savy' manager well it is pathetic. Our history tells us that we should be very careful what we wish for.

This ws a bad day, a bad game. But some of the kneejerk is embarrassing. Harry has worked wonders at Spurs, and more often than not gets it right. I personally much prefer the 442, and absolutely think we need Lennon wide right, but Harry is the manager who has got us to 3rd and has the right, and more knowledge from training, to make the decisions he does. But every manager gets it wrong, and every teams has bad days. Hell Harry led us to victory in Milan whereas Wenger laughed at our tactics but saw his team get smashed. As for the point about happy to a new more 'savy' manager well it is pathetic. Our history tells us that we should be very careful what we wish for.

I think a lot of the posts are not due to wanting Harry out but expecing Harry to leave. I dont think anyone really wants Harry to leave and had the England job situation not came up, I am sure it wouldnt even be discussed.

I think a lot of the posts are not due to wanting Harry out but expecing Harry to leave. I dont think anyone really wants Harry to leave and had the England job situation not came up, I am sure it wouldnt even be discussed.

I hope your right in terms of some people's motives. I do agree that the England job hasn't helped because of the speculation and uncertainty it has created. But Harry has always had an odd relationship with some sSurs fans. For me he has worked miracles, and while there are areas we absolutely can improve, I would be not just sad to see him go but very nervous about who we might get in because the past has repeatedly shown us just how bad things can go if you get it wrong.

Last edited:
I hope your right in terms of some peoples motives. I do agree that the job hasn't helped because of the speculation and uncertainty. But Harry has always has an odd relationship with some spurs fans. For me he has worked miracles, and sure there are areas we absolutely can improve, I would be not just sad to see him go but very nervous about who we get in because the past has shown us just how bad things can go if you get it wrong.

You and me both, maybe David Pleat will come in as a temporary manager while we look.

I hope your right in terms of some people's motives. I do agree that the England job hasn't helped because of the speculation and uncertainty it has created. But Harry has always had an odd relationship with some sSurs fans. For me he has worked miracles, and while there are areas we absolutely can improve, I would be not just sad to see him go but very nervous about who we might get in because the past has repeatedly shown us just how bad things can go if you get it wrong.

If we follow the precendent of the past, we'd end up with Ghod as manager, Pleat as assistant manager, Gross as Director of Football and Ramos as the first-team coach.And Santini as the Head Scout for something like two weeks. Don't look back, look forward. What we were then is a far cry from what we are now. If we see this season out, and finish third, a better class of manager opens up for us than the one we had to pilfer through back in the dark days, and that type of manager won't fail us easily. So relax.

Also, if you want further assurances, the Levy of days past is like an inanimate garden gnome when compared to the Levy of today; a massive, terrifying business-minded beast who roams the lands terrorizing chairmen and snapping up free transfers. ;)

when harry gets it wrong, he can get it seriously wrong.

really no excuse for this kind of performance/result with the personnel we have out there.

hope we'll rally around this to complete the rest of the season with the advantage we have.

when harry gets it wrong, he can get it seriously wrong.

really no excuse for this kind of performance/result with the personnel we have out there.

hope we'll rally around this to complete the rest of the season with the advantage we have.

Harry is to blame partially but the blame should lie on the players. We had players who didnt defend properly, who didnt track back, who didnt carry out his tactics. i.e. Bale and Kranjcar offered no support to the full backs

Redknapp is a great coach but he's never been much of a tactician, hence why the only major trophy he has won in his 30 year managerial career is a solitary FA Cup.

He's helped assemble a great attacking team who on their day has produced some great football and are able to regularly beat the "lesser" teams by virtue of superior ability and the belief that he gives them.

However we've invariably failed to perform against the top teams who can match us for ability and our record against last season' Top 4 reads:

Played 6
Won 1, Drawn 1, Lost 4.
Goals For 8, Goals Against 18

Harry is to blame partially but the blame should lie on the players. We had players who didnt defend properly, who didnt track back, who didnt carry out his tactics. i.e. Bale and Kranjcar offered no support to the full backs

First of all, the manager knows what Niko cannot do.
Secondly, Bale went walkies and should've been ordered to stay on the left!
It's tactics which cost us...

Conspiracy theory - he don't want the England job, just like he set up our weak centre midfield sides at the beginning of the season v the two manchesters to say, 'look, I need parker and ade, levy - go get 'em' ! Also parker wanted a rest, went in late on vermalen, knew he'd get a second yellow. Bob's your auntie ! I also think he just got a nice little offer from the club to continue, which will be announced after the Euros - you read it here first !

First of all, the manager knows what Niko cannot do.
Secondly, Bale went walkies and should've been ordered to stay on the left!
It's tactics which cost us...

You keep changing. Is it tactics or formation which cost us? You blame playing 442, but here you clearly put the blame somewhere else, suggesting that if we hadnt played Niko RW (and maybe Lennon?), and Bale had stayed out on the LW, maybe we wouldnt have looked so awful.

Thats my opinion at least. The people who wanted 442 yesterday, wanted Lennon and Bale tearing down the flanks. We did not play that game.

The same with those who wanted 451. It wasnt quite what people expected...to jog around, not touch the ball, and concede 3 goals in 45 minutes....despite having that all important extra man in the middle.

You are right, it was tactics, but also a major lack of effort, and a complete bottle job from certain players, coupled with mistakes, and for some reason getting intimidated by a lesser team, who wanted it more, and were willing to die for their shirt.

You said Harry was naive to play 442, well your just as naive to blame yesterday soley on that.

Last edited:
Back