• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

Always assuming that Rednapp's is the first name on their list, I find it hard to believe that they haven't at least approached the club for permission to speak to him yet; in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there had already been a conversation on the subject of the amount of compensation we'd be looking for.

Always assuming that Rednapp's is the first name on their list, I find it hard to believe that they haven't at least approached the club for permission to speak to him yet; in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there had already been a conversation on the subject of the amount of compensation we'd be looking for.

Why would they? The media and everyone is doing it for them.

I said it when Capello quit and stick with it, Redknapp will take over for the summer only. The World Cup campaign is a hiding to nothing but if he manages England this summer, he cannot lose.

Cue Modric and Levy doing a good cop bad cop scenario this summer. Levy winding his window down and saying he's not going anywhere.
"How did Harry take it??" asks the reporter
"He accepted it." Levy says as he drives off.

Luka drives around the corner 10 mins later.
"His heads been turned, they're offering good money. But the chairman's being strong and saying no. If there's anyone that can keep him here, it's me. I love the big fella."

Harry jokes at job prospects

Spurs boss plays down Bernstein presence

By Pete O'Rourke - Follow me: @skysportspeteo. Last Updated: February 20, 2012 8:47am

Harry Redknapp joked Tottenham's draw with Stevenage on Sunday will not have helped his chances of becoming the new England manager.

High-flying Tottenham were held to a surprise goalless draw by League One Stevenage during their FA Cup fifth round clash at Broadhall Way.

Redknapp is the overwhelming favourite to replace Fabio Capello as England boss but, with Football Association chairman David Bernstein in the crowd at Stevenage to watch the game, the Spurs boss conceded the performance would not have enhanced his claims for the England job.

"I bet he was impressed with the football I served up, yeah," admitted Redknapp.

"He was probably thinking - 'who is this geezer?!'"

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12016/7533252/Harry-jokes-at-job-prospects

It's pretty much guaranteed that England will fail hard. So your in luck there.

I really hope we use it as an opportunity to blood some youngsters at least, rather that than fail using the fudging "golden generation". If i never see Lampard, Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard in a england shirt again i'll be happy

I think England will do ok, if young and hungry players like Whilshere, Walker and Young will get a chance.

The "golden" (LOLZ) generation supported by Downing and Walcott though ? No way.

Some ITK on the matter:

ryantegan

Is it all about the money?

My boss was out yesterday with Harry and JP Mcmanus amongst others. Some stossy Steak house in Park Lane.

Anyway, it turns out that Levy is on Harrys case daily. He is making the point that Harry wouldnt want the England job. He wouldnt want all the rigmarol that goes with the England job. And more importantly he doesnt want him to leave Tottenham.

Harry has confirmed he is here no matter, until the end of the season. He hopes the FA take that hint and dont make things difficult for him. However, he does want to listen to what they have to offer in the long run. This is where it gets interesting. He made the point that the next contract will be his last, and if he just turns the England job away, then that leaves him very little negotiating power if we were to offer him a new deal. The England job comes with a very high salary, and although he has never had it so good as he has the past 3 years at Spurs, he would be foolish not to listen to the FA.

Does this sound like he is looking for a better deal at Spurs whilst his stock is high? I dont know, but i'd say everything is still in the air.

On a side note, we are for sale. we are looking for new investors, oh and Joe Lewis is a horrible tool!

To which JJetset replied:

Just a quick pop in to say Harry is considering the England job and that Ryantegan is correct with all his info. He would leave us in the sh*t!

Daniel wants him to stay and it will hurt us if he leaves as a lot of the players are only here because of him and it does also affect new signings.

He would leave a lot of people in the lurch though and not just the players, the coaching team are very vulnerable too. That does play on his mind.

He is also changing his mind daily but if you were going on his current mood you would say he is going.

Some ITK on the matter:

ryantegan

Is it all about the money?

My boss was out yesterday with Harry and JP Mcmanus amongst others. Some stossy Steak house in Park Lane.

Anyway, it turns out that Levy is on Harrys case daily. He is making the point that Harry wouldnt want the England job. He wouldnt want all the rigmarol that goes with the England job. And more importantly he doesnt want him to leave Tottenham.

I don't really believe that. Levy must know that arm-twisting or emotional blackmail would be a terrible, terrible reason for Harry to stay, and in all likelihood would lead to a drop-off in Harry's performance. Levy must suspect that if Harry turned down England for those kinds of reasons he would regret it very quickly and any benefit in Spurs keeping him would be diluted. I absolutely do not want Harry here next season primarily on the basis of brilliant negotiating and arm-twisting by Levy.

No, Harry will take the England job* and Levy is sensible enough not to stand in his way. Of course, if Harry decided unilaterally that he doesn't want it, brilliant. But I cannot in a million years see that happening. I think Levy would be better advised turning his attention to new managerial candidates, and I would be shocked if he doesn't know that himself.

* Ed: I mean, after the Summer.

Last edited:
Frazier Campbell called into England squad

welcome to your England future Mr Redknapp

I'd be amazed if Levy's approach to the England situation wasn't to minimise the impact on business as usual as far as the Harry, the players, and coaching staff are concerned. Harry has stated his desire to focus on Spurs many times so let the guy get on with it.

Back