• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

F365

FA GOING COLD ON HARRY/HARRY GOING COLD ON THE FA?
Interesting, if slightly contrasting stuff in the papers this morning about Harry Redknapp and the England manager's job.

The Daily Mirror reports that the FA fear Redknapp has 'gone cold' on the gig, and that there is a 'growing belief' that Stuart Pearce will take the gig for that thing that we're told is happening in the summer.

The paper claims: 'The FA are worried Redknapp is going cold on the idea of taking over straight after the Premier League season, although he still wants the job in the long-term.

'And after overseeing the 3-2 defeat by Holland at Wembley on Wednesday Pearce is pressing ahead with his own preparations for the tournament, including telling the FA he would not name a provisional squad, prefering to select just the final 23 before the UEFA deadline.'

In a slightly contradictory story, The Dail Mail believes some at the FA are opposed to the appointment of Redknapp, and have drawn up an alternative shortlist, which includes a few rather big names:

'The panel have kept their discussions private but Jose Mourinho and Arsene Wenger have been considered in the past - Mourinho was approached before the FA appointed Fabio Capello - and Pep Guardiola is also likely to be suggested, given his apparent desire to leave Barcelona this summer.'

Interesting.

Good news, not that I believe a word in the flimflam.

If Harry 'turns England down' cue the flimflam about lacking ambition blah blah!!

i think Pearce is more than capable of leading the squad at the euros and then Redknapp can take over the qualifying campaign for Brazil 2014

at least all this "get Redknapp in ASAP" talk will die down and Spurs can fully concentrate on the potential top 3 finish and the FA cup run

There's no way in hell England will win the World Cup in Brazil!! The red hot favourites will be Brazil of course as they are hosting, my old man always used to say "back the host nation if they are a big footballing nation" which Brazil obviiously are. Argentina, Spain, Germany, Holland, Uruguay, Mexico and Chile all have a much better chance of winning it than we do.

F365

FA GOING COLD ON HARRY

In a slightly contradictory story, The Daily Mail believes some at the FA are opposed to the appointment of Redknapp, and have drawn up an alternative shortlist, which includes a few rather big names:

'The panel have kept their discussions private but Jose Mourinho and Arsene Wenger have been considered in the past - Mourinho was approached before the FA appointed Fabio Capello - and Pep Guardiola is also likely to be suggested, given his apparent desire to leave Barcelona this summer.'

Interesting.

I have always believed that the FA would not offer Redknapp the job and i still have the same opinion, they will not risk the same thing that happened with the last messiah KK.

Good news, not that I believe a word in the flimflam.

If Harry 'turns England down' cue the flimflam about lacking ambition blah blah!!

Loved the journalist on skysports today:

journalist: "we all know harry is the man for the job, he is the only candidate its what everyone wants"
Presenter: "if they did bring in someone else, its a results business and if they were winning games or even championships people would get behind them"
journalist: "i disagree"

fudging idiots

BREAKING: FA to wait until the end of the season to appoint a new England boss.

Media pushed the FA into taking a stand. Wonder how long before they start pushing for an earlier appointment?

fairly obviously what that means

they won't be approaching spurs until such time we have secured 3rd place and/or are out of the fa cup

Yeh I get that but why specifically state "NEAR" end of season? Are they insinuating that the new man will be in charge before the season is over? Personally I think it's already been agreed with Redknapp but can't really see why they'd announce it before the season is done.

THE FA have confirmed they will wait until the END of the season before appointing a new England manager.

Fans and pundits alike have called for a new boss to be named sooner rather than later in the wake of the Three Lions defeat to Holland on Wednesday night.

But FA general secretary Alex Horne thinks that although a list of potential candidates has been drawn up, they did not want to disrupt clubs' seasons.

Horne said: "We've got a list. Long, short, there's definitely a list. It's a back-end-of-the-season decision for us.

"We recognise that a lot of the managers on the list are employed and we don't want to interrupt anyone's season.

"We're not rushing this and we are expecting something at the back end of the season."

Horne added that there was no problem waiting until just before Euro 2012 before making the appointment.

He said: "That's perfectly realistic. We've got all of our operational plans in place.

"We can deliver a squad into Poland so it is perfectly possible."

Horne's comments echo those of director of football Trevor Brooking who said: "I think we'll take our time and try to make sure we're not locked into any particular time scale."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4168166/Next-England-manager-Alex-Horne-says-the-FA-will-wait-on-appointment.html

This latest announcement confirms to me that Harry is their man. They have more than likely had a discussion with Levy, and he's told them to back off until the end of the season otherwise there will be a more than astronomical compensation payment.

Unfortunately, I don't think that this will stop the media being absolute tossers. They will continue to try and unsettle us.

My own personal opinion is that I cannot understand why anyone would want the england job with our poisonous press. We've seen it with every manager that has been appointed, even Sir Bobby. Harry will be built up, but when he doesn't win a tournament that we have no right of winning, they will hound him and then he will think what might have been.

"We've got a list. Long, short, there's definitely a list. It's a back-end-of-the-season decision for us.

"We recognise that a lot of the managers on the list are employed and we don't want to interrupt anyone's season.

"We're not rushing this and we are expecting something at the back end of the season."

to me "back end" implies towards the end of the season or just after, definitely not just after the season is over.

makes sense, but wont stop the media, our top 4 rivals, and Redknapp's mates from pushing his name forward at every given moemnt

Pearce has said he would be happy to step in at Euro 2012 if required, but it is understood the FA is ideally looking to appoint Jose Mourinho, Harry Redknapp, Arsene Wenger or Pep Guardiola.

"That's perfectly realistic," he said. "We've got all of our operational plans in place. We can deliver a squad into Poland so it is perfectly possible."

ESPNsoccernet has been informed that Real Madrid boss Mourinho will be sounded out and, if he responds positively, offered the position.

Mourinho is the FA's unofficial choice, although they appreciate there is only an outside chance that they could land the former Chelsea manager, who has intimated that he will quit Real Madrid in the summer and wants to relocate back to London.

The FA had previously attempted to appoint Mourinho following the sacking of Steve McClaren. ESPNsoccernet understands the Portuguese had indicated through third parties that he would be interested in the job at that time, but ultimately rejected the offer of an interview, suggesting the time wasn't right for him to give up day-to-day management at club level. It remains to be seen whether his stance has changed.

All else being equal, it has always been the case that the FA would prefer an Englishman, which would still leave Redknapp in pole position, but it may prove more cost-effective to sign Mourinho than try to sort out a compensation package with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy.

West Brom manager Roy Hodgson is also on the shortlist, and considered the safe pair of hands. Hodgson, unlike Redknapp, also offers vast international experience.

---------------
I personally don't think ALL signs point to Harry (just the media). However, I can't see Mourinho taking the England job.

This latest announcement confirms to me that Harry is their man. They have more than likely had a discussion with Levy, and he's told them to back off until the end of the season otherwise there will be a more than astronomical compensation payment.

Unfortunately, I don't think that this will stop the media being absolute tossers. They will continue to try and unsettle us.

My own personal opinion is that I cannot understand why anyone would want the england job with our poisonous press. We've seen it with every manager that has been appointed, even Sir Bobby. Harry will be built up, but when he doesn't win a tournament that we have no right of winning, they will hound him and then he will think what might have been.

=D>

Your right about Sir Bobby Robson. People forget that he was nearly hounded out of the job before we lucked our way into the World Cup semi final at Italia 90. Looking back, we didn't actually play well until the semi final where we were the better side and desperately unlucky to not get through. The start of the tournament was a typically slow one from England, we got it together in the knockout phase.

we were bloody awful for most of that world cup. played well in the goalless draw against holland, but were 2nd best against belgium and cameroon were running rings around us until a couple of trademark lineker dives got us out of trouble.

Sunday People reporting that the FA will get Harry and as part of that we will get Wembley to use whist our new stadium is built

Hahahahahahah yeh ok

Back