• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Away Game Thread

Jurgen the German

Tommy Harmer
Thinking of doing Emirates Marketing Project away in November.

Wanna get the train ideally. When is the best time to book train tickets?

I'll drive if I have to. Has anyone done the drive before? Are there safe places to park near the ground?

Originally that what was set up but it got merged into one...

I like the idea of a thread as you say for all ticket news, travel, etc, etc, share the knowledge type thing

I'll drive if I have to. Has anyone done the drive before? Are there safe places to park near the ground?

Loads of places to park near ground. Leave car at home though and get train/tinkled. You know it makes sense :)

We parked in the PC World not far from the ground when I went. Was free and stupidly easy. Car was still there when we got back.

I'll be there.
Yeah, the drive is mellow enough, although make sure you don't cheap-out and pay to take the M6 toll road so as you too can enjoy the great feat of civilization that is avoiding Birmingham!!!!!
We've parked at the ground in the official car park before and been absolutely fine. Given the time of KO, I think you'll be fine post-match. A few of their 'lads' will hang around outside the away end about 50 feet away/near that boozer who's name I cannot remember, but it's nothing really, just a few words. I've even had a couple in that boozer and it was OK.
Generally a good away day and certainly safer than Maine Road/Moss Side, which could get very sticky!
n.b. been to see us at City at both grounds 10 times and we've never lost!
been to see us at Old Trafford 7 times and we've never won! :-(
What a great one-two that week is going to be, Emirates Marketing Project and then the Filth!!!! I will have lost my voice (and mind!) by Monday 19th...

Away days

Right I've been goin to a few home games now when and where I can (difficult with my shift pattern) and fancy getting some aay games under my belt... But haven't a clue how to go about it. I also fear being only a Bronze member I have slim to no chance of getting tickets for most games.

I've looked at my works calender and seen I have days off for the following local away matches: Fulham QPR and West Ham. But Ive heard that unless Im an ST holder I got no chance.

Anothrr thing is I often go to games alone due to mates not pulling their finger out and gettin a membership. Are there groups on here that go to away games often I could tag along with?

Im really want to get to some away fixtures but dont wanna travel too far just yet. Maybe midlands would be my limit for now. But any advice for the away experience would be greatly appreciated.

I apologise if this threads been done beforw btw

Re: Away days

all 3 of those will most likely go to season tickets holders, high LP members otherwise.

if you're thinking of going to go to the Midlands you may as well consider Manchester/Liverpool as the train doesn't really take that much longer tbh and they are good cities for a drink.

Wigan aint a bad away day - best pies in the country ;)

all 3 of those will most likely go to season tickets holders, high LP members otherwise.

if you're thinking of going to go to the Midlands you may as well consider Manchester/Liverpool as the train doesn't really take that much longer tbh and they are good cities for a drink.

Wigan aint a bad away day - best pies in the country ;)

Yeah my concern is i have low LPs (50+) so will struggle to get away fixtures. I would love a trip up north but wouldve assumed it harder to get those tickets?

Checked my calender and I am off on the following away fixtures;

Fulham
QPR
Norwich
West Ham
Swansea
Stoke

What are the chances of maybe Norwich or Stoke withbout 55 LPs? If not I do know someone with an ST who I may be able to ask for a lend

i reckon Stoke would be a possibility

gonna try and do Norwich this year, but saving it for the Europa League games really

Back